Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Test Drive Unlimited 2

Old 07-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
duskusguy

Why isn't the original also on Steam?

Also I have another question since this forum is a lot more active than some other forums I've gone to.

Why is it that the original isn't on steam, but the sequel is?

Why are physical copies of the original for PC an insane amount of money? 30 bucks for a used copy for example. Is this due to a lack of copies made for PC or that people like the game too much to sell it?

Last edited by duskusguy: 07-08-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:57 AM   #2
Rapakiv

I don't know why but I belive it's an ATARI policy, may be they don't want to share profit with steam. And also ATARI when tehy made the sequel also stoped TDU1 and assumed TDU2 has a continuation of TDU1, and since TDU1 is inside TDU2, they stoped selling TDU1.

Retailers, also read foruns and they know they can profit from old games.

I also would like to have the TDU1 in steam.
Rapakiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:36 AM   #3
duskusguy

I can still find games like Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow (an older game) for a reasonable price used for PC (the most expensive used copy is cheaper than the cheapest used copy I could find for TDU1 so far).

That is also one of the games that also isn't on Steam (makes even less sense than this to not be on Steam since every other game in that series is).

Not sure it has anything with not wanting to share profits with Valve since they have plenty of other games for sale, including ones that aren't sold physically in stores anymore.

Last edited by duskusguy: 07-09-2012 at 06:43 AM.
duskusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
KrekerisT

Maybe they didn`t want it to be on steam? But i think they should bring it now, because they could sell lots of copies, because that game is so so so so so so so so so so so so so gooooood. I played it like 3000+hrs. Its one of the best racing games ever.
KrekerisT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
duskusguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrekerisT View Post
Maybe they didn`t want it to be on steam? But i think they should bring it now, because they could sell lots of copies, because that game is so so so so so so so so so so so so so gooooood. I played it like 3000+hrs. Its one of the best racing games ever.
Hence why I'm looking for a reasonably priced copy. I enjoyed what I played when my friend who owned the game let me try it out. Also tried out the second game and didn't like it nearly as much as the first.
duskusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:45 AM   #6
KrekerisT

Quote:
Originally Posted by duskusguy View Post
Hence why I'm looking for a reasonably priced copy. I enjoyed what I played when my friend who owned the game let me try it out. Also tried out the second game and didn't like it nearly as much as the first.
First one have lots of races and interesting missions. Balanced car classes. And nice driving feel, wich non of these can be found in second one. TDU was the best test drive game and sadly i think it always be.
KrekerisT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:15 AM   #7
Rapakiv

Cool uah

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrekerisT View Post
TDU was the best test drive game and sadly i think it always be.
Don't agree but itś a free world. TDU is to much arcade for me. but I enjoied it very much, bouth of them.
Rapakiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:20 AM   #8
tsukasa2k8

thats why cuz there are no servers for the game
tsukasa2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #9
darkdomino

I don't see why Atari would be reluctant to put TDU1 on Steam. It was released in 2006 for god's sake, it's not like people are running out in droves to go buy copies of this game.

and yes, if they've shut down the TDU1 servers - there really is no point. A racing game without internet play is pretty much pointless.
darkdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #10
ElfShotTheFood

I was going to say you could get the original game on Gamefly, but they don't seem to have it anymore. I originally bought it from there a couple of years ago.
ElfShotTheFood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:25 AM   #11
marelooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukasa2k8 View Post
thats why cuz there are no servers for the game
You are wrong, I just started my copy again (after a long while, alas) and it connected fine to the servers. Granted, they were kinda empty (14 people online). But they ARE still up.
marelooke is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Test Drive Unlimited 2