Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > MicroVolts

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #16
ElmntNinja
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 2
Of course, complaining that the game is "Pay-to-Win" won't make you better in the game. It's not hard to defeat those who payed for the goodies with real money... unless you're not good in the game that makes you think of the game that way.
ElmntNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #17
dcow
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 2
Consider two equally skilled players. They have both played some "pay to win/free to play" game enough that they are on top of the learning curve. Playing naked (without any gear) they would tie -- it is only gear that separates them. Now, it's common knowledge that time == money. In order for one player to gain an advantage over the other, they either have to invest time or money. Both methods earn them points to spend on gear. So, it comes down to personal values. Either you value the time you spend working outside of the game more than the time you would "waste" griding good gear, or you find the grinding aspect fun and don't want to "waste" more time than you need working some boreing job. See the duality? You pay either way, and you'll pay in a way that you maximize the value as you see it personally.

I'm sick of people knocking on games because they're "pay to win". In all honesty, the only game that could be free-to-play and not-pay-to win is one that is offered for free and with no market or incentive system. Something like this is extremely rare, and doesn't retain players as well. And, until recently, you usually had to fork out $60 to even play a game. Sure there are cracks etc but that's a bit immoral isn't it kids? Free to play games with incentive sytems are inherently pay to win. Once you realize this there's really nothing to argue about.. F2P/P2W is a MARKETING STRATEGY, not a free lunhch, which leads us to the following;

Lesson number one of life: There's no free lunch -- somehow you will pay.

If you've NEVER PLAYED GAME X, but still find the need to go SHH!T OVER ALL THE PEOPLE WHO DO PLAYY GAME X solely because you don't think it would be fun -- stop, it's pathetic. The fact that a company decides to use a F2P/P2W marketing strategy does not mean that it is impossible for people to enjoy the game. And, on the other side, there are people who don't enjoy some of the recent $60 titles from gaming studio giants. To each their own.

Last edited by dcow: 07-12-2012 at 09:36 AM.
dcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #18
Arete7
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Reputation: 11
Posts: 44
Dcow your disgracing yourself, i can't believe a person could type something so stupid. In other games, enspecially other fps, you can easily get the required items to play competitively by doing just that, playing. In MicroVolts you can't due that without paying, hints Pay-2-Win. And now we have another crazed lunatic on the steam forums trying to defend a blatant Pay-2-Win game. Also if you bothered actually read the whole damn thread before you posted crap in it, you would know.

Pay-2-Win= A game where a person can pay to obtain an advantage that leaves a noticeable effect on gameplay and CANNOT BE OBTAINED WITHOUT PAYING.

You seem to think that Pay-2-Win= I pay, I win. This is an unreleastic definition because no game would fit in it. Not even blatant pay-2-Win ones because unless this definition is true 100% of the time it's invalid. Unlike ours which is true 100% OF THE TIME.

And next time you want to call people out, actually present yourself better than a crazed fool lol.
Arete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #19
Kalpon777
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Reputation: 56
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arete7 View Post
Pay-2-Win= A game where a person can pay to obtain an advantage that leaves a noticeable effect on gameplay and CANNOT BE OBTAINED WITHOUT PAYING.

I won't dispute that fact, but is it really that bad? I don't think so. I haven't payed a penny and I've been doing quite well, nearly at 2.0 KDR (although Zombie Mode certainly doesn't help that). I was even accused of hacking by a very rude portugeuse man, who I might add, was lvl 38 and had payed gear.

Honestly, you make it sound as if you will NEVER succeed if you don't pay.

And quite frankly, I enjoy a challenge.
Kalpon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #20
coordinator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Reputation: 7
Posts: 58
Quote:
Man, gamers are ruthless critics.
And they should be. Or else we are looking at a future where games companies (or publishers in particular) just trample over their customers.

Only recently have companies started treating gamers better because of massive backlashes. Sucking up to them instead of complaining isn't going to win you any favours as long as your complaints are good.

Would this game be better if it was not pay to win? Objectively yes.
coordinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #21
Kalpon777
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Reputation: 56
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator View Post
Would this game be better if it was not pay to win? Objectively yes.
I agree 100%.

It doesn't irk me as much as others, but it's still there. What bothers me most is the so called "techniques" (AKA bugs) known as wave-stepping and weapon-switching.

These glitches are widely abused in Open Servers and relatively simple to perform. Using them allows you to spray shotguns and rocket launchers at nearly automatic speeds, or at least 3-4x faster than non-glitch users.

It's an unfair disadvantage to anyone who doesn't know how to perform it, and should have been patched long ago.

Dear Rock Hippo,

FOR SHAME!!!
Kalpon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:09 AM   #22
ConeMIX_pt
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Reputation: 6
Posts: 54
So you are calling ALL the Microvolts Community Glitchers?

One question, Wavestep and Swapping appeared a Long time ago. If it is a Glitch why didn't they fix it? Maybe because it is suppose to be like that? If MV Team removes Wavestep and Swap many players will leave the game... and about this:

Quote:
It's an unfair disadvantage to anyone who doesn't know how to perform it
It's extremely easy to perform, some Microvolters have made Tutorials of how to do it...

Quote:
I was even accused of hacking by a very rude portugeuse man, who I might add, was lvl 38 and had payed gear.
It wasn'te ME O_O I am 42 LOL I'm Innocent!!!1 X)

Last edited by ConeMIX_pt: 07-13-2012 at 01:27 AM.
ConeMIX_pt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:39 AM   #23
ConeMIX_pt
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Reputation: 6
Posts: 54
Sorry double post but.
If the game is P2W why did the guy will full Mp (The sniper is rare but remember that all snipes are 1 shot if you hit the player in the right place XD) won against the guy with Full rt and skills?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJVQH...ayer_embedded#

He should loose right? The mp player... if the game is P2W, and the other guy payed and lost o.o
ConeMIX_pt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #24
Arete7
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Reputation: 11
Posts: 44
Posted in my original thread.

"4. Gameplay. To show more of the ignorance shown by the devleopers, currently there is a meta trend in this game called "weapon swapping" that allows a character to increase their rate of fire around 70-100% by swapping weapons to get rid of the recoil/pump that shooting them normally would. Sadly this bug seems as if its never going to be fixed seeing that the devs actually allow this exploit to be used in tournaments. Traditional weapon swapping involves shooting a weapon that does high damage and then switching to another to finish them off (Ex: in APB: Reloaded, you snipe in someone CQC and then immediately shoot them with a pistol to kill them). This exploit was discovered early on and was never a intended mechanic for gameplay, yet the developers took the easy route and did nothing instead of recoding since the flaw is rooted deep in the system."

The devs never fixed it because they are lazy. Instead of fixing apparent flaws in the game it seems all they can do is add things to the cashshop. Not even going to argue the P2W aspect of it, we are just arguing in circles now.
Arete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #25
Kalpon777
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Reputation: 56
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeMIX_pt View Post
So you are calling ALL the Microvolts Community Glitchers?
Definitely not, I am neither omnipresent nor omniscient. Yet glitching is still common practice among users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeMIX_pt View Post
One question, Wavestep and Swapping appeared a Long time ago. If it is a Glitch why didn't they fix it? Maybe because it is suppose to be like that? If MV Team removes Wavestep and Swap many players will leave the game...
No. These are OBVIOUS glitches. If it was an intended mechanic these weapons would have the same firing rate without using glitches.

People are bypassing the reload / firing time delay by using glitches.

And I know it's easy to do, that's the problem. I'm not blaming them for the appearance of the glitches in the first place but the fact they continue to let it thrive. If it was removed and glitchers left the game, I'd be happy. They can go back to aimbotting in CS:S for all I care.

It's disgusting, especially for such a fun game with great potential. I honestly wish Valve bought MicroVolts. It'd be epic.
Kalpon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #26
ConeMIX_pt
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Reputation: 6
Posts: 54
I just have to say this about Swap and wavestep: If they remove it, the game will "die".
ConeMIX_pt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #27
oingele
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arete7 View Post
Dcow your disgracing yourself, i can't believe a person could type something so stupid. In other games, enspecially other fps, you can easily get the required items to play competitively by doing just that, playing. In MicroVolts you can't due that without paying, hints Pay-2-Win. And now we have another crazed lunatic on the steam forums trying to defend a blatant Pay-2-Win game. Also if you bothered actually read the whole damn thread before you posted crap in it, you would know.

Pay-2-Win= A game where a person can pay to obtain an advantage that leaves a noticeable effect on gameplay and CANNOT BE OBTAINED WITHOUT PAYING.

You seem to think that Pay-2-Win= I pay, I win. This is an unreleastic definition because no game would fit in it. Not even blatant pay-2-Win ones because unless this definition is true 100% of the time it's invalid. Unlike ours which is true 100% OF THE TIME.

And next time you want to call people out, actually present yourself better than a crazed fool lol.
So every F2P game is P2W... good to know.
oingele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:31 AM   #28
JTisTrue
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 39
inception?

Last edited by JTisTrue: 08-05-2012 at 06:32 AM. Reason: delete hate
JTisTrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:11 AM   #29
Best
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 10
Posts: 131
Iactually spent $60 because i realised 90% of f2p games are P2W xd

also i did some searching and found this:
Lately I've been reading a whole lot of complaining about Microvolts. Especially posts made by new steam users. And I just want to speak my mind on this 'Microvolts is a pay to win game' statement I keep seeing everywhere I click.

First off, every game developer needs money. Creating a game isn't free. You have no idea how much time and effort goes into Microvolts every day. Would you like our GM's to starve to death? Or even worse, pull the plug on Microvolts?
It's very common to pay for a game. Get over it. It it that odd to pay for something good? If you buy a new item every now and then and enjoy this game, instead of constantly buying new game releases like Call of Duty, Assassins Creed or Battlefield you still save a lot of money. Also, you should be glad you are able to play this awesome game free of charge in the first place. There aren't a lot of games as good as this one that offer you that option.

Second of all, you are wrong. There are alot of pro players that play just as good without Rock Tokens (Please play a round vs. Snow_Crash and his Jam if you don't believe me). RT gives you just a minor advantage and doesn't unbalance the game. The reason you play worse isn't because you lack Rock Tokens, it is because you lack skill. And hey, that's natural for a beginning player.

Let the argument begin

Last edited by Best: 08-09-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #30
Angry_Karma
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 245
Posts: 1,271
I find this thread hilarious. All this debate and where is everyone now?

If ANY game offers a real money only advantage, regardless of how small, that is pay to win. Period.

Bad examples of how Free to Play can work:
Battlefield P2W
Need for Speed
SMNC

Good Examples:
World of Tanks
TF2
Gotham City Imposters

in GCI and TF2 there is NO paid advantage at all, none. Every weapon and gadget can be earned in game. They make most their money on cosmetics and XP boosters.
Angry_Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > MicroVolts


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.