Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 08-05-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
tHe_silent_H

Dawngaurd .ESM missing

So, I ddecided to bite the bullet and get dawngaurd(just got paycheck) went through the ages long process of downloading it, searched through data files(through launcher) and could not find it, proceded to launch game, played for 5 hours, with no sign of anything dawngaurd releated, checked to see if the ferry men were there(added by dawngaurd) and they weren't gaurdds don't have the rumour, and dayspring canyon isn't there... validated game cache to no effect. Where is my Dawngaurd steam!?
Old 08-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
SaucyRibs

Hey there.

Try going onto your games Library and do the following;

Right click on Skyrim > Properties > DLC.

If it says 'Dawnguard' in that window, you should have it. If it says anything else, there's a chance that it didn't download correctly. If that is the case, I'd recommend trying to contact Steam, or delete the .bsa of Dawnguard (if you have it) and try redownloading it again via the verify game's cache. I know some people had problems with it due to the number of downloads.

Hope this helps.
SaucyRibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
tHe_silent_H

That's one of the first thing I checked, most of the data files are threre from what I can tell(no .esm tho...)

also steam support is useless, will take a month till they even reply....
tHe_silent_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:52 AM   #4
Thingy Person

Dawnguard only has two files; Dawnguard.esm and Dawnguard.bsa.

They are located in Program Files > Steam > Steamapps > Common > Skyrim > Data. If they aren't, verify your game cache.

To do that, right click on Skyrim in your game library and select 'properties'. Under the Local Files tab, press "Verify intergrity of game cache". That should redownload any missing files.

Be mindful that this will reset your preferences, so backup your .ini files if you don't want that.
Thingy Person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:33 AM   #5
Jgamer

There is a video here showing how to install dawnguard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKrboOR_Heo
Jgamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V