Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 08-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
quickanddead

How to stop abusing in TF2?

Well,i am the part of small group for a long time now,not big one,and i noticed that some players on server,well,hate us,and me,and what they do is trashtalking,spamming,and most irritating of all,they steal our names,or just add our group tag to their names. What i really cant stand is when they steal our names,they swtich some letters to make it looks like the real one,for example,they change O with 0 or l with I and they keep spamming chat with messages like "im gay" or "shag me in butt",and it looks like some of us really wrote that. I encountered on some of them few weeks ago,and now today guy started with insults to me,and than he stole my tag,and left for a few moments. I wanted to report him,which worked with pervious guys by mirracle. Why by mirracle? Well because View Players is not working,it hooks up only 5 or 6 of them from server on which i played. And also whenever i want to report someone,their name is not on the recent player list,current game also. Can i somehow make them invisble and unable to contact me? I am afraid that once i will log in and end up with ton of spam invites,or find 100000 pages of crap written on my profile, just because someone doesnt like us/me.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
Satoru

Please use paragraphs as it's simply more readable. To apparently summarize your points which are, again very obtuse given the wall of text.

1) Username non-uniqueness. There are pro-cons on both sides but at this point the system is that usernames are non-unique and that's probably not going to change

2) Users changing names. If you really need to pull that though you can look in the server console. It's annoying but it's possible to grab the relevant info.

3) Profile granularity. Not saying this isn't a bad idea, it's just that if you look at even Facebook there are real usability problems the more granular you allow/deny stuff. Try to explain to your grandmother what the 10 million options in the Privacy settings are.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
quickanddead

But they keep doing it from time time,i suppose it's the same people over and over again,and when i want to make report,their names are not in recent player list,as explained in my starter post.

And looking through the millions of lines of code in console is really exhausting to find names for couple of pricks. There should be same name change limitation,for example: you can change it twice in a month.
quickanddead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
SolarInferno

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickanddead View Post
But they keep doing it from time time,i suppose it's the same people over and over again,and when i want to make report,their names are not in recent player list,as explained in my starter post.

And looking through the millions of lines of code in console is really exhausting to find names for couple of pricks. There should be same name change limitation,for example: you can change it twice in a month.
To get rid of the problem of spamming your profile with comments, just make it so that people have to be a friend to be able to post comments.
SolarInferno is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips