Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #1
Spirit55555
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Reputation: 0
Posts: 52
Not allowed to buy PAYDAY The Heist - Four Pack?

Hi,

I already own PAYDAY, but because of the the great discount, I want to buy a four pack for my friends. This is what I get when I try that: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ns9fyayq0i...ayday_fail.png

Does anyone know why it's not possible?
Spirit55555 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
MrPancakesFatty
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Reputation: 55
Posts: 856
You cannot buy a four pack if you already own the game since one copy will be given to you, sorry. :/
MrPancakesFatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
GDL
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 2304
Posts: 3,758
The first copy in a four pack goes to the buyer as MrPancakesFatty said.
GDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #4
DoubleD
 
DoubleD's Avatar
 
Volunteer Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Reputation: 6893
Posts: 32,270
This is the same for any pack if I am not mistaken.

__________________
Tripping the Light Fantastic


Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose..
DoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
the1whoknowsall
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 49
Posts: 585
Yup you have to keep one copy and since you own it...well they can't allow that, can you imagine the abuse? 4 AA fA titles for cheap? Dude I would probably be tempted to abuse that system lol. Anyways they should at least give you the option of "losing" a copy so you can still gift to three friends
the1whoknowsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
Spirit55555
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Reputation: 0
Posts: 52
So Steam is basically telling me they don't want my money? You have got to be kidding me...

And no, I'm not going to buy 4 separate copies.
Spirit55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #7
MechaMage
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Oct 2007
Reputation: 110
Posts: 709
If you could trade all four, you could undercut the $5 single price and they don't want you to do that.
MechaMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #8
TeKraken
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 7359
Posts: 7,698
Get one of your friends who doesn't own it to buy it. (they will get a copy in their library)
TeKraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #9
MechaMage
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Oct 2007
Reputation: 110
Posts: 709
If you trust your friends, yeah just give one of them the money and have him send the other three copies to the others.
MechaMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #10
ElijahChondo43
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Reputation: 672
Posts: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit55555 View Post
So Steam is basically telling me they don't want my money? You have got to be kidding me...

And no, I'm not going to buy 4 separate copies.
Uh, the game only allows 4 player co-op, if you have 4 people to play with and then you, which is 5, one of you will be left out every time you want to play.

If there are only 3 friends, then it's the same price of buying 3 copies since you already own one...

And the game is worth way more than $20, I don't see why you can't buy 4 copies if you have that many friends.
ElijahChondo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #11
Satoru
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Reputation: 5230
Posts: 11,033
4 packs are designed for people who haven't bought the game to give it to other users.

It's not designed as a way to get 4 tradeable copies cheaper. If you could do that, then they'd just make the 4 pack the same price as 4x the single pack.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #12
ElijahChondo43
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Reputation: 672
Posts: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru View Post
4 packs are designed for people who haven't bought the game to give it to other users.

It's not designed as a way to get 4 tradeable copies cheaper. If you could do that, then they'd just make the 4 pack the same price as 4x the single pack.
And I don't know why I can't have quantities of games I purchase at check out. If I wanted to buy 4 copies of Payday or another game but I own it already then I have to go through the check out 4 different times.

I don't know why Steam hasn't implemented a quantity area for each gift. You know, Payday-x1 and you can change the x1 to whatever amount of copies you want...

Just seems easier..
ElijahChondo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #13
Spirit55555
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Reputation: 0
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMage View Post
If you could trade all four, you could undercut the $5 single price and they don't want you to do that.
Then make them non-tradable? Wouldn't be so hard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahChondo43 View Post
Uh, the game only allows 4 player co-op, if you have 4 people to play with and then you, which is 5, one of you will be left out every time you want to play.

If there are only 3 friends, then it's the same price of buying 3 copies since you already own one...

And the game is worth way more than $20, I don't see why you can't buy 4 copies if you have that many friends.
I know it's 4 player co-op. If you read my first post, I wrote that I already own the game

I could buy 3 or even 4 copies separate, but why would I do that when there's a 4 pack?
Spirit55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #14
Aura891
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Reputation: 300
Posts: 2,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit55555 View Post
So Steam is basically telling me they don't want my money? You have got to be kidding me...

And no, I'm not going to buy 4 separate copies.
...You realize that if you buy the 4 pack, which is usually the cost of 3 copies of the game, when you already have the game, you'd still only be getting 3 copies of the game to gift to people for the cost of 3 copies of the game....right?

you wouldn't be getting a 4th copy

so even if what you are asking to be possible would be possible, you'd be paying the same price no matter what, so what exactly is the problem aside from you having to push a couple extra buttons?

Last edited by Aura891: 08-07-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Aura891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #15
Spirit55555
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Reputation: 0
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura891 View Post
...You realize that if you buy the 4 pack, which is usually the cost of 3 copies of the game, when you already have the game, you'd still only be getting 3 copies of the game to gift to people for the cost of 3 copies of the game....right?

you wouldn't be getting a 4th copy

so even if what you are asking to be possible would be possible, you'd be paying the same price no matter what, so what exactly is the problem aside from you having to push a couple extra buttons?
Why wouldn't I get 4 copies? It's called a FOUR PACK.

The problem is that I want to buy 4 copies. I select the 4 pack. Steam tells me that it's not possible to buy it. I don't buy it, and Steam looses a sale. That is how a normal costumer would act.

I already bought the game, and now I want more copies. Is that to much to ask for?
Spirit55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.