Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 02:22 AM   #1
Tedthecomando
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Reputation: 1
Posts: 97
Exclamation Perhaps be happy the game didn't update on Xbox.

Hear me out for a minute here. Since 07,I,started and played on the Xbox until I finally got a PC to run TF2 which was at the time of the Demo/Soldy update. When I got in it was everything I dreamed of honestly. The new weapons, maps, cool hats that fit the great 60s style we all know and love. The Engineer update was great as well with a ton of amazing things.

Let's fast forward to today shall we? TF2 is a literal cluster of things that should have never fit in. 75% of hats don't fit the nice style of the game, Unbalance and straight weapon upgrades or just boring weapons with stat changes, The game becoming but a trading simulator in most forums, The Mann Co Store.

This has changed the feel of the game I once loved into something horrible and TF2 looks nothing of what it used to. Valve strayed too far from what made TF2 unique in the first place. I doubt the people who posted on this forum when I browsed it are still here but if you're still really wanting a update for the Xbox version but you just may be better off without it after all, unless Valve decides to add only Valve updates.

TF2 was the only multiplayer game I could ever stick with EVER. I must have put at least 5000 hours into it. I met friends with TF2 in 09 that's I'm still talking to and playing games with 3 years later who are now best friends and we hopefully plan to all meet someday. I CARE for Team Fortress 2 and it's caused probably the best game experiences in my very large gaming career.

So for those who haven't gotten their hands on the PC edition. Perhaps you just may be a bit better off after all. Think of it as kinda of like Quake 3 I guess which is considered one of the best multiplayer shooter games yet and hasn't changed a bit.
Tedthecomando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:36 AM   #2
Mogh
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Reputation: 595
Posts: 3,495
I can agree to an extent, but I'll never forgive Valve for not at least fixing the bugs and exploits in the Xbox 360 version of TF2. A mappack (even a non-free one) also would have been very welcome. For me those are the two reasons I ultimately gave up on Xbox TF2, all the glitches and crashing, and playing the same four (not counting 2fort and Hydro) maps over and over and over again. I could have lived with only having stock weapons, and I definitely don't need hats, but those issues should have been addressed.
Mogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:39 AM   #3
Tedthecomando
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Reputation: 1
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogh View Post
I can agree to an extent, but I'll never forgive Valve for not at least fixing the bugs and exploits in the Xbox 360 version of TF2. A mappack (even a non-free one) also would have been very welcome. For me those are the two reasons I ultimately gave up on Xbox TF2, all the glitches and crashing, and playing the same four (not counting 2fort and Hydro) maps over and over and over again. I could have lived with only having stock weapons, and I definitely don't need hats, but those issues should have been addressed.
Very good points and I agree.
Tedthecomando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
Enigmantic
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Reputation: 12
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedthecomando View Post
Hear me out for a minute here. Since 07,I,started and played on the Xbox until I finally got a PC to run TF2 which was at the time of the Demo/Soldy update. When I got in it was everything I dreamed of honestly. The new weapons, maps, cool hats that fit the great 60s style we all know and love. The Engineer update was great as well with a ton of amazing things.

Let's fast forward to today shall we? TF2 is a literal cluster of things that should have never fit in. 75% of hats don't fit the nice style of the game, Unbalance and straight weapon upgrades or just boring weapons with stat changes, The game becoming but a trading simulator in most forums, The Mann Co Store.

This has changed the feel of the game I once loved into something horrible and TF2 looks nothing of what it used to. Valve strayed too far from what made TF2 unique in the first place. I doubt the people who posted on this forum when I browsed it are still here but if you're still really wanting a update for the Xbox version but you just may be better off without it after all, unless Valve decides to add only Valve updates.

TF2 was the only multiplayer game I could ever stick with EVER. I must have put at least 5000 hours into it. I met friends with TF2 in 09 that's I'm still talking to and playing games with 3 years later who are now best friends and we hopefully plan to all meet someday. I CARE for Team Fortress 2 and it's caused probably the best game experiences in my very large gaming career.

So for those who haven't gotten their hands on the PC edition. Perhaps you just may be a bit better off after all. Think of it as kinda of like Quake 3 I guess which is considered one of the best multiplayer shooter games yet and hasn't changed a bit.
I only started playing 2 weeks ago and I enjoy the pc version of tf2. I don't know much about the game to give a educated opinion but the xbox version seems to be dead to me. Some nights there aren't many people playing on xbox and there are a limited amount of maps to play on so it gets kinda boring and repetitive to me. I do agree with you about the hats and the trading on the pc version. Have you ever played Gotham City Impostors? That game is infamous for unbalanced weapons.
Enigmantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #5
skydeli
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 18
WAIT WHAT!!
you on pc you get one million of update,epic weapon and now you dont even have to pay for this game!!
we still have to pay get zero update,we have like five map,2000 glitch where engineer put turret out of the map and shot everybody!!!
valve abandonated us horibly and gave everything to the pc...
AND WE SHOULD BE HAPPY THAT THE GAME WAS NOT UPDATED!!

(nothing against you but that quite true my friend...=) )

ps:sorry for getting enraged!
skydeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:20 AM   #6
Chill Dude
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Reputation: 225
Posts: 1,265
I agree console TF2 is a slice of vanilla heaven and I hope it stays this way at this point. Not saying a few new maps wouldn't be cool but seriously guys it's never going to come.

And for people saying the game is dead it's not. I can always find a game to play in no matter what time 2 in the afternoon or 4 am in morning there is always atleast one game going , all you need are 13 - 15 other people and you have a great match on your hands .
Chill Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #7
skydeli
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 18
I know they will nevr update us on xbox 360 and ps3
we never wanted everything they ad on pc...
but valve did nothing for the orange box and team fortress 2 on console...they could patch some glitch, made DLC for map or even they could have sold all the weapon...
but nothing, VALVe abandoned us whit zero update
but wait there is only like 200 people playing on xbox and ps3,why should we update the game for them...MAYBE IT BECAUSE YOU NEVER UPDATED THE GAME AND ONLY FIVE MAP, IT BORING TO DO THE SAME MAP AGAIN AND AGAIN...
it sure they do not have this problem on pc, they have ton of free map and a ton of free item...

so yes valve truly abandoned people on console...=)
skydeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #8
Enigmantic
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Reputation: 12
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill Dude View Post
I agree console TF2 is a slice of vanilla heaven and I hope it stays this way at this point. Not saying a few new maps wouldn't be cool but seriously guys it's never going to come.

And for people saying the game is dead it's not. I can always find a game to play in no matter what time 2 in the afternoon or 4 am in morning there is always atleast one game going , all you need are 13 - 15 other people and you have a great match on your hands .
The xbox version is dead compared to the pc version. You are limited with the maps and the weapons. For example, it would be nice to have the ability to air-blast opponents and soldiers missiles with the Pyros flamethrower. It would also be nice to have a few more options as to weapon choices and at least 5 more maps for variety. I also got tired of some of the restrictions the people hosting a match would put on some of the classes that I preferred to play. I love playing tf2 on my xbox but I haven't played it since playing the pc version 2 weeks ago.
Enigmantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #9
Chill Dude
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Reputation: 225
Posts: 1,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmantic View Post
The xbox version is dead compared to the pc version. You are limited with the maps and the weapons. For example, it would be nice to have the ability to air-blast opponents and soldiers missiles with the Pyros flamethrower. It would also be nice to have a few more options as to weapon choices and at least 5 more maps for variety. I also got tired of some of the restrictions the people hosting a match would put on some of the classes that I preferred to play. I love playing tf2 on my xbox but I haven't played it since playing the pc version 2 weeks ago.
I do understand where your coming from . But you can't really compare the player base to the pc version mainly because it's free and there are always many new players playing every single day. Still though for a game that came out in 2007 36000 people is a hell of a lot of people to be playing a game that old. Also remember because of the way xboxlive works atleast with this game you won't ever see a lot of the people playing because they live in different countries and are to far to connect to.
Chill Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.