Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas

Old 08-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #16
GDL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuller556 View Post
That's the message: GFWL should effectively be banned until it's fixed.
There are a lot more people who have issues with Exchange, Windows, SCCM.

Lets ban them all.
GDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #17
exoriority

I've been lurking around batman arkham city forum since it's pre-order. 3 effective DRM at once, securom, steam and GFWL... are they kidding?

I had batman arkham asylum... and I fetched non steam installer for it. Yes, sometimes I can't access couple of stuffs, and sometimes in offline I can't even get into my saves. But the game didn't really got me hooked anyway.

GFWL offline mode is sort of like steam's offline mode. The only difference is that GFWL offline mode sometimes works, sometimes not, while steam offline mode is that sometimes it works, most of the time it's not (lol).

I dunno about DLCs, I never had them on GFWL based games. I want to buy costumes for SSFIVAE but apparently they refused my CC. So whatever.

Nevertheless, I'm not sure whether GFWL is to blame on this game. I would rather blame the publisher for such paranoid move using 3 different kind of DRMs at once.

I would agree that if ALL steam games don't use any other DRM... steam itself are already DRM.

DRM only hurts legit buyers. Would valve be more stricter on this case? I mean GoG surely can persuade even ubi to remove the DRMs from their games in order to get them distributed through GoG. Sure they're older games. But still... steam is a DRM by itself. It's more than enough. The userbase count surely would have valve at the upper hand on this kind of table.
exoriority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #18
lourivellini

please dont stop selling - but at least disclose what type of DRM each game uses. I like having all my games in steam, please dont change it.
lourivellini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #19
Geotpf

Quote:
Originally Posted by lourivellini View Post
please dont stop selling - but at least disclose what type of DRM each game uses. I like having all my games in steam, please dont change it.
This. Steam should attempt to sell every game that the publisher lets them do so, no matter what the DRM, etc., is. But it would be nice if it was disclosed on the store page for the game.
Geotpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #20
fuller556

I thought it WAS disclosed on all of the store pages. At least, it has been for the ones I've been interested in... If it's not, then you're right, it should be. We need to be informed.

Anyway, I MIGHT have stabilized the GFWL client finally. I'm going to start a separate thread in the Arkham City forum. Thanks to GDL for forcing me to read the event logs. The truth is, the only reason I didn't read them in this particular case is because I had never once gotten anything useful out of them. This is the one exception, LOL. Anyway, if anyone reading this has had major problems, maybe it will be a place to start. I'll detail everything I did there, and how to duplicate it.
fuller556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #21
no1dead

Here's what I think should happen.

How about a toggle between GFWL and Steam.

Cause the GFWL is a bit annoying at times and sometimes the steam GUI is annoying at times.
no1dead is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas