Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Old 08-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #106
lillythemoogle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlPower23 View Post
15$ is also not even that much money..
For some people it is who would rather play solo portions of the game and not with other players

Like for instance, I wanted to try out TOR for the longest time for the story, but couldn't as I lacked the monthly funds towards an online game. It going free to play is great for me as I'll experience the story.
lillythemoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #107
awzum

^As far as I know, you can do the single player content in a month.

I just wonder how do they keep servers up n' stuff if they don't get monthly funds. Well, I guess the playerbase is small enough for that. With WoW it would seriously be a problem.

And also the 3 character slots is a money sink. No excuse for that. WoW has 2 factions and 50 character slots.

As fun as this sounds... 60€ - burn in hell. Even WoW is cheaper at start. Hell, you can even get the expansions with that price. Monthly fee isn't a problem for me tho.

Also, end game being 5-man instances and raids. Hooray. Sounds extremely fun and new and god knows what
awzum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:36 AM   #108
GirlPower23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillythemoogle View Post
For some people it is who would rather play solo portions of the game and not with other players

Like for instance, I wanted to try out TOR for the longest time for the story, but couldn't as I lacked the monthly funds towards an online game. It going free to play is great for me as I'll experience the story.
Not even sure why someone would pay for a MMORPG for single player experience..

Quote:
Originally Posted by awzum View Post
And also the 3 character slots is a money sink. No excuse for that. WoW has 2 factions and 50 character slots.
TSW has three factions and one character can learn every skill in the game. There isn't any reason to have more than three slots. In WoW you can't learn every skill in the game. You pick a priest you are a priest forever. In TSW you can be a mage/dps.. and then the next minute be a healer and then a tank. There is zero restrictions on what you want to be. Also, WoW only offers 10 Character Slots per server.

Last edited by GirlPower23: 08-09-2012 at 08:39 AM.
GirlPower23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #109
Mivo

Well, if they had offered it at launch, I'd probably have picked it up. But by now the little interest I had is gone and my friends who did play it didn't extend past the free months (they all said it was pretty good, however, though the end game is apparently the same grind like in every other MMO since Ultima Online).

And for €50 they can keep it anyway.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #110
lillythemoogle

Quote:
Not even sure why someone would pay for a MMORPG for single player experience..
Some people like the gameplay, story, etc.?

I can think outside the box, maybe you should too sometime.
lillythemoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #111
Aruba_BR

Quote:
Oops, sorry!
An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region
Nice
Aruba_BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #112
Mivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xruiner89 View Post
If SWTOR couldn't pull it off with all their resources and huge license, i don't think this has much chance at surviving with a sub fee.
SWTOR had incompetent or restricted designers. Pretty blunt, I guess, but considering the size of the budget, it surprised me how lacking the game was. They created a product that, from a MMO perspective, had about the feature set of mid-2005 WoW.

SWTOR basically ignored the QoL advances that had been made over the years and that players got used to, and simultaneously did not improve on any of the issues that the dominated MMO has. In fact, end game content and PvP was even worse than in WoW. It's not the "amount" of content (a game with three expansions obviously has more), but the way it was implemented and how engaging it was.

SWTOR offered nothing besides the license, the art and the audio. But as a game, it was very average and very unspectacular. It's no surprise that it would fail. It pretty typical of today's EA-influenced Bioware. They have money, but good games need more than money.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #113
Definer

€50 and subscription, what..
Definer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #114
StingingVelvet

Quote:
Not even sure why someone would pay for a MMORPG for single player experience.
A lot of people, like myself, enjoy playing open world RPGs for the exploration aspect, exploring new worlds. MMOs offer that even if you ignore other players and stop playing at the cap.

I much prefer offline games like Skyrim, but if an MMO has a cool or well made universe/world/story I like to explore it. I have only done this a few times because of the expense and online requirement, but The Secret World seems like a good candidate.
StingingVelvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:47 PM   #115
graspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
A lot of people, like myself, enjoy playing open world RPGs for the exploration aspect, exploring new worlds. MMOs offer that even if you ignore other players and stop playing at the cap.
Unlike, say, WoW though, SWTOR feels a lot less free and open. The outdoor areas feel like a load of rooms and corridors even though they are outside if you know what I mean. It's not like WoW where you can just roam around exploring.
graspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #116
insyami

Nice, though I guess I'll wait 6 months, when it'll become F2P.
insyami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #117
Justin_PC*Gamer

I'm hearing good and bad things about it. PC Gamer gave it a 69.
Justin_PC*Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #118
nimbusland

Guys, just go check the metascore.......72. LOL
Its a shame, it looks like a fun game.

/thread
nimbusland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #119
BadBeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbusland View Post
Guys, just go check the metascore.......72. LOL
Its a shame, it looks like a fun game.

/thread
What the hell do you mean, /thread?

72 is *not* a bad score. Some people...

Edit: Just to expand, 72 is a decent score, not great, but you'll likely get some enjoyment out of it. Not to mention, that's 72 for a subs based MMO with a huge upfront price tag. You can bet your life that the score is going to be lower than it perhaps should be, because people in general don't like that system of payment any more.

Last edited by BadBeat: 08-09-2012 at 10:15 PM.
BadBeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #120
Hardwatch

The game does look interesting. But $50 and a subscription turned me away from this game right away. Plus based on these forums and reviews I don't think the game will do very well.
Hardwatch is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion