Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion

Old 08-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #1
diegobas

Unhappy My last Steam game

Today I've tried to play to "MW3" four times. All of them were hacked, full of cheaters, impossible to play.

Why do you, Steam, have an anti cheaters reporting system and did not read those reports? Why I must spend my money in DLCs when you don't care about players? Why?

I love MW3... It's an awsome game. But I'm tired. Sorry Steam, this was my last game with you.

Last edited by diegobas: 08-10-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
Ali Duderino

MW3 is not by Valve, and even if you didn't get it from Steam, it would be the same thing.
Ali Duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
CourierSix

You're done with Valve... because they didn't detect the hackers in an Activision game?
CourierSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
diegobas

Sorry, I mean Steam report system not Valve.
diegobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
Konork

The report thing apparently just makes VAC scan more frequently. And just so you know, Valve does care about it's customers, at least from what I've seen. Activision, however, who made the decision to not have dedicated servers (And by extension, admins who can kick cheaters until VAC bans them) as well as other decisions that end up making VAC less effective, only cares about profits.
Konork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
CourierSix

Indeed. I myself only had bad experiences with BO in my Xbox days. If you're going to blame someone for your bad experiences with CoD, blame Acti.
CourierSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #7
Misguided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konork View Post
The report thing apparently just makes VAC scan more frequently. And just so you know, Valve does care about it's customers, at least from what I've seen. Activision, however, who made the decision to not have dedicated servers (And by extension, admins who can kick cheaters until VAC bans them) as well as other decisions that end up making VAC less effective, only cares about profits.
I seriously doubt Valve care about their customer anymore or less than activision.

This Valve/Steam love is getting absurd. For you people who havn't worked it out.

Steams customers are not the public. It is the publishers.
Why else do you think steam enacted regional pricing?
Why else do you think steam allows multiple DRM at the detriment to us?

Keeping us happy is a second thought. Just question every business decision Steam has made and it will be self-evident.
Misguided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #8
Misguided

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourierSix View Post
You're done with Valve... because they didn't detect the hackers in an Activision game?
They didn't detect cheaters in a game that is protected by Valve anti-Cheat (VAC)

It is obvious VAC isn't working, popular titles like MW3 prove this. Even Black Ops proved this and it had dedicated servers. The only difference is the community got to control their own public/purchased servers.

Hacks have reached a different level of sophistication. Vac wont tell you, but i will. They cannot detect them precisely enough to ban multiple accounts. The only people that get caught are users of well known public hacks whose code never changes and are the same for every single copy.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
Satoru

Are you using MW3SA?
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #10
Misguided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru View Post
Are you using MW3SA?
We don't need more people abusing that program.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #11
Satoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
We don't need more people abusing that program.
Dunno I thought it was 'blessed' as a reporting tool of some kind? Again I"m not realy into the whole "Concrete Simulator of the Month" games so I only tangentially know about it.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #12
Justin_PC*Gamer

That's too bad then. It is also a shame to blame steam.
Justin_PC*Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #13
MalBoY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
They didn't detect cheaters in a game that is protected by Valve anti-Cheat (VAC)

It is obvious VAC isn't working, popular titles like MW3 prove this. Even Black Ops proved this and it had dedicated servers. The only difference is the community got to control their own public/purchased servers.

Hacks have reached a different level of sophistication. Vac wont tell you, but i will. They cannot detect them precisely enough to ban multiple accounts. The only people that get caught are users of well known public hacks whose code never changes and are the same for every single copy.

Server admins sucks i have been banned in over 100 server in 1.6 because admins think i cheat.
MalBoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #14
Misguided

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalBoY View Post
Server admins sucks i have been banned in over 100 server in 1.6 because admins think i cheat.
Good for you, I am not sure why you quoted me. Players kicking/banning other people in servers they pay for is a tried and true tradition of gaming. take it as a compliment and move on. Find a pro-lobby and head there.

There are pro-servers out there. I tend to try and find them from the start.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #15
MrPancakesFatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourierSix View Post
But, Valve is still using THEIR anti-cheat in the game, doesn't really matter whose game it is...
MrPancakesFatty is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion