Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 08-11-2012, 07:07 AM   #31
schnitzeljaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon Vampire View Post
Say you have many catagories but only have your window sized to show a few of them, you can NOT scroll to the bottom of the list unless the very last catagory is open. You can get close but as soon as you scroll one click more, it bounces right back to the top of the list.
I just tried to replicate that but it works for me...
Old 08-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #32
Zuko

"- New content system now supports preloading and shared content "

so we can share one game content for eg two pc's? (eg lan share? )

btw. I really want ability to set up local content server for games I have (and my brother), why I must download it twice (and yes I know, I can copy it over lan but you know... laziness)
Old 08-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #33
B33 ENN

Library Detail View:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRL ALT DEL ! View Post
...Confirmed, scroll to bottom category and mouse over to open it and it bounces you to the top of the list.

Other issues with the list as well, probably the same bug though. If I open a dategory 1/4 down my list and then try to close it, the list jumps away from my mouse, bouncing me down the list and seeing the bottom of the open category. Scroll up to close it and mouse over, it jump down the list again.

Also with the 5th caterory and lower open it bounces from the top and bottom I have about 30 categories.
- Also not using beta, have 30 categories, but unable to replicate any of these issues.

- However, using the drop-down menu, if you switch to "Media" or "Tools" and then back to "All Games", all the categories expand.

- Aside from that, there is a small issue here with the Overlay web browser that needs looking at:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2867592

Last edited by B33 ENN: 08-11-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #34
DocHouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuko View Post
"- New content system now supports preloading and shared content "

so we can share one game content for eg two pc's? (eg lan share? )

btw. I really want ability to set up local content server for games I have (and my brother), why I must download it twice (and yes I know, I can copy it over lan but you know... laziness)
I doubt they refer to that. Surely they refer to the shared content between two old valve games, since they have common content that is accessed from several games in big files. And this file alone is used for several games at once. Surely that's what "shared content" means.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #35
Zuko

@up kk
btw. someone else already suggest same thing

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2644954
Old 08-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #36
jello

BUG:

Tools that are no longer shown in the Tools tab but rather in the All Games tab:
  • Counter-Strike: GO Beta SDK
  • Nuclear Dawn Authoring Tools
  • Red Orchestra 2 SDK
  • Sid Meier’s Civilization V SDK
  • Starvoid Beta Server

Tools that vanished completely from any Library tab:
  • America’s Army 3 Dedicated Server
  • Dungeon Defenders SDK
  • Nexuiz Dedicated Server
  • Nuclear Dawn Dedicated Server

After clearing the beta, everything’s like it should be again.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #37
derrman0426

I'm still getting X3: Terran Conflict and Nuclear Dawn - Dedicated Server appearing in downloads at startup at 0 bytes.

I can confirm what Jello has reported.

Would it be hard to implement a check at startup, that checked for games that need to be converted to the new content system? I like to keep my games up-to-date even if i don't play them, and it's kinda annoying having to convert just so a game can update.

Also, i would very much like a collapse all/uncollaspe toggle for categories.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #38
CTRL ALT DEL !

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrman0426 View Post
I'm still getting X3: Terran Conflict and Nuclear Dawn - Dedicated Server appearing in downloads at startup at 0 bytes.

I can confirm what Jello has reported.

Would it be hard to implement a check at startup, that checked for games that need to be converted to the new content system? I like to keep my games up-to-date even if i don't play them, and it's kinda annoying having to convert just so a game can update.

Also, i would very much like a collapse all/uncollaspe toggle for categories.
With over 1000 games installed, I had to convert each manually buy clicking on play, it took about a week.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #39
eydeeb

Bug in the beta (and most likely in the non-beta as well):

If you are downloading multiple games, let's say more than 3, most of them goes into suspended state so that the ones that are really downloading get more bandwidth. That's OK.

Now if you press the "pause all" button, it does pause currently downloading games, but games that were suspended start downloading instead of going into the same, strictly paused state.

I guess "pause all" should do what it says, pause all. Not pause some and start others downloading.

Last edited by eydeeb: 08-11-2012 at 06:22 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 08-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #40
venomblade89

Is anyone aware that the last Steam update(before this one) broke the jumplist/taskbar right clicking and setting to away? All other statuses work, but right clicking steam icon and choosing away doesn't work anymore. Not a monumental deal but I just want to make it aware to those at Valve.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #41
CTRL ALT DEL !

BUG: Copy link url doesn't work in the beta or the normal version.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:59 PM   #42
squall_leonhart

New content system corrupted Doom 3 and Ghost Recon by removing all their files

not impressed.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #43
CTRL ALT DEL !

Bug:

When you have a large number of games downloading (I have 102) not sure at what level the issue starts.

Your pause all does not pause all, it become a pause some.

Then going through downloads individually and clicking pause works on some more but definately not on all or even most.

Then as nothing else stops the downloads I go to the games list and have to click pause and resume a number of times to stop the downloads.

That games this occurs on have not downloading or download paused, just the name of the game in yellow with no comments after it at all, so they are very hard to spot as a downloading game.

Might I suggest that you add downloading and updating and paused to the search function in the games list, so you can see all updating/downloading or paused games quickly without having to open 32 categories and scroll through 1000 games. (make an old man smile)
Old 08-13-2012, 03:50 AM   #44
KorDen

Quote:
Originally Posted by alikforum View Post
There are much more platform-speficic issues with Steam. They have chosen to use their proprietary windowing and control system but failed to implement many of the platform-specific behavior, standards and guidelines.

Few bonus challenges for you:
* Try to show a Steam window's system-provided menu by mouse (that one with Restore, Move, Minimize, Close etc.)
* Try to open the View menu using an Alt key.
* Try to get game properties window using just a keyboard.
* Disable window and control animation using System control panel and see whether it disables animation of Steam UI.
* Play with a Tab key in the Steam Settings dialog. Notify the control focus order and how many clickable controls gets the focus at all.
And Extra-bonus challenge for you:
Try to install Steam to Windows XP Mode (Windows Virtual PC) and start from Win 7 Start menu as virtual app - Steam will start, you can see only black window, but you can type in chat window, etc (but you can't see this window normally)

PS: Also, Valve, please, FIX LINK TO BETA THREAD, this is second beta with link to this theme

Last edited by KorDen: 08-13-2012 at 04:16 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:23 AM   #45
MIEZOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRL ALT DEL ! View Post
Also link is not opening as new tab.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion