Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion

Old 08-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #31
ultrapwner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRanger57 View Post
So, just wanted to let everyone know, I downloaded this mod and never deleted this file (not knowing that it caused bans if rewritten).

Ever since hearing about this, I've been super paranoid about my steam since my account is from 2004, and I have almost 350 games. If I had KNOWN that playing a game running on Half-Life's engine would have caused a VAC ban, I would NEVER have even downloaded this game. I'm not blaming the developers for anything, but for something as serious as getting someone VAC banned, they definitely did a ty job alerting people and making their players more aware.

I've contacted support and they told me they couldn't provide any details on the mod providing VAC bans, but they did say

That being said, I wasn't as worried as I am now from reading their VAC discussion which says this.

I think that pretty much sums up that because this game modified a .DLL file, people like me are ed.

Not trying to make this sound like my blog, hopefully it's just telling the developers how I feel. Again, I'm not blaming them for anything, but they should make a notice in their game to delete this file before playing other multiplayer games. I'm sure if they did make a notice, people like me wouldn't be paranoid as about a potential VAC ban.

Valve, nor Steam, give any warnings such as what you used as an example since like I said, they don't comment on VAC problems related to mods.

And didn't one of your other games get people VAC banned? If so, that supports my statement about how the developers should be making this problem more aware especially if it's happened in your previous games.

And here I am now, having to worry about the day where I get an email telling me I got VAC Banned :C
wait how long was it that this happened? if you aren't banned after i think its like a month maximum your fine
ultrapwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #32
ericL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrapwner View Post
wait how long was it that this happened? if you aren't banned after i think its like a month maximum your fine
vac bans are permanent
ericL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #33
Clanks2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clanks2 View Post
Sorry to revive this thread.....but I have to ask, if you downloaded and installed this mod, however you had no other half life 1 mods or half life 1 engine related games installed at the time, is there a possibility of getting a VAC ban when your playing? Or is it when you may possibly be only playing on VAC secure servers in other games?

Also if I delete the mod and everything related to it, the next time i install cs 1.6, I should be fine, correct?
Can someone that knows more about this type of thing answer my question please?
Clanks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #34
NabsterHax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clanks2 View Post
Can someone that knows more about this type of thing answer my question please?
If you haven't played on any VAC secured servers in a goldsource (hl1) game then you shouldn't be banned.
NabsterHax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #35
Justin_PC*Gamer

I have been playing Cry of Fear for over 1 month. I don't have a Vac Ban.
Justin_PC*Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #36
CTRL ALT DEL !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_PC*Gamer View Post
I have been playing Cry of Fear for over 1 month. I don't have a Vac Ban.
Please read
CTRL ALT DEL ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:40 AM   #37
Slerio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas4140 View Post
I'm still searching what "opengl32.dll" stands for but if you google it. The results are always cheat bound
Opengl32.dll

Is Part of Open GL a Rendering Engine like Direct X just can be Used on any OS and is Mostly Superrior to Dx if used Right

it can be abbused the same as DirectX.dll data
Slerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:55 AM   #38
durrchet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas4140 View Post
I'm still searching what "opengl32.dll" stands for but if you google it. The results are always cheat bound
Open glut 32 bit. Graphics API library. It's not a cheat, even though it can be manipulated into being one.

And you only get banned if you play hl1dm with it being in the files as far as i'm aware, due to way the gold source mods work.
durrchet is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion