Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > MapleStory

Old 08-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
RenTed

Crashing on Start Up ?

Hello, i installed that game and when i try to play it on start up, i got a black screen and it force me to ctrl+alt+delete and force close the game since is not responding.

Anyone else got this issue ? or got a solution ?

Thank you in advance.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
LoganJFord

Same here. I tried running as admin... nothing. Windows tells me that it has compatibility issues maybe steam is not starting up the correct version or there just isn't a compatible version for windows 7 (doubt that...) hopefully some one answers soon.

and by the way the thread title is a little misleading you say your game crashed but the description says you get a black screen might want to mention a Black Screen in the title.
LoganJFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #3
Crow86

The title is a little misleading but I do have a problem when trying to start the game. I can log in fine but after I select a server (world) to go into, the game closes and says that I've been disconnected from the server and to wait a little while. I installed this game last night and it gave me that message and it still gives it to me. How can I resolve this issue?
Crow86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #4
LoganJFord

OK so I actually just let it sit there on the black screen and it finally started up after about 2 min...

If it doesn't start with in at least 5 min... just exit disable steam in game overlay and retry.
LoganJFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
Silverfreak1

You all should be lucky that maplestory at least launches, for me,dosn't even connect it keeps saying "Application initialization failed. The application needs to be launched from Steam. Please, try to launch again from steam." I launch it multiple times and still dosn't work! AND I AM LAUCHNG THE F***ING GAME FROM STEAM! DX
Silverfreak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
AbelPR

RenTed It depends on what version of Windows you're using.
If its Vista, you're screwed since MapleStory isn't Compatible with it (although there is a work around for this, but it doesn't seem to work with the Steam Version ).
If its Windows 7, then it should work fine since Nexon made it Win7 compatible (YET THEY SAID NAY TO THE VISTA USERS).
If all else fails, use the client side version.
AbelPR is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > MapleStory