Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darksiders

Old 08-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
Michiel23

Darksiders 2 pc vs consoles

I am just curious about this one, because if readed some reviews of the game on the consoles and they talk about lag glitches graphics that looks like sd quality and sounds that goes away, i hope the pc version wil be allot better then the console versions lol now my question is to u guys, do u guys have the same glitches graphical lag tearing and sd quality also on the pc version ?

I didnt noticed any lag or tearing or sd quality on the first game on the pc, i think it looks beautifull on the pc, i loved the first one very much

It was running very smooth here on 1920x1080 with no tearing @ all or framedrops, al realy smooth in 120 frames per sec with a 120 hz monitor .

I realy wanne hear what u guys think about the pc version, and ofcourse i wanne know it from some people that got some good rigs like myself.

I myself cant talk about it yet because the game isnt out yet here in europe [netherlands]

Ps sorry for my bad english.

Last edited by Michiel23: 08-14-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
truestatic

I've managed to resolve my graphical issues (tearing, stutter) by using D3DOverrider to turn on triple buffering and vsync (the in game vsync toggle doesn't actually do anything.)

The issues that remain, and significantly detract from my fun, are camera issues. Specifically, the game constantly tries to reset the camera to its default position behind Death, whenever you move. This makes any attempt to mouse look while moving a jerky struggle. You try to move the camera one direction, the game simultaneously tries to move the camera the opposite direction, and what you end up with is a camera that practically vibrates.

The second issue is slightly less important, but still something it's hard to believe was somehow left out: an FoV slider. The camera is just too damn close.
truestatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
Michiel23

Quote:
Originally Posted by truestatic View Post
I've managed to resolve my graphical issues (tearing, stutter) by using D3DOverrider to turn on triple buffering and vsync (the in game vsync toggle doesn't actually do anything.)
Besides the enoying camerawork m8, and the mouse and keybord issues, so u mean with the lag and stutters, the game in-build vsync options dont work correctly?

Can i ask u what rig u play the game m8 ?, i know u fixed it with overide, but i am just curious
Michiel23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
truestatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiel23 View Post
Besides the enoying camerawork m8, and the mouse and keybord issues, so u mean with the lag and stutters, the game in-build vsync options dont work correctly?

Can i ask u what rig u play the game m8 ?, i know u fixed it with overide, but i am just curious
Right. The in game Vsync toggle, for whatever reason, has no apparent effect on anything.

My computer isn't impressive, but it should be more than sufficient for the game.

Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz
8.00GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5830 753MB
Windows 7 x64 SP1
truestatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #5
cmdrdredd

The game runs fine, but looks dated if you're comparing it to something like Battlefield 3 lol. SD graphics is taking it a bit far as it's not that bad. It's a direct port more or less so I didn't expect much. I run with vsync off to keep input lag to minimum and don't get screen tearing since I'm way over my refresh rate.

i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz
8GB DDR3-2133 @ 10-10-10-28
GTX 670 SLI @ 1242/6772
2x Crucial M4 SSD
cmdrdredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
Michiel23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
The game runs fine, but looks dated if you're comparing it to something like Battlefield 3 lol. SD graphics is taking it a bit far as it's not that bad. It's a direct port more or less so I didn't expect much. I run with vsync off to keep input lag to minimum and don't get screen tearing since I'm way over my refresh rate.

i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz
8GB DDR3-2133 @ 10-10-10-28
GTX 670 SLI @ 1242/6772
2x Crucial M4 SSD
I got a similar system and if seen people that having more problems with AMD cards then NVIDIA cards, you btw the first guy if seen so far with no problems

i7 3820 @ 4.0 ghz
16GB DD3-1600 9-9-9-24
GTX 690
2x Crucial Real SSD

In Darksiders 1 i only did one thing in the NVIDIA control panel thats forcing 16x AF to have sharper textures

If its similar to Darksiders 1 i am one big happy guy
Michiel23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:40 AM   #7
ToveriJuri

I'd prefer to play the pc version, but bought a ps3 recently so it's a secondary option for multiplatform titles. It seems that a lot of people are having problems with the game and usually when there are problems with some games i'm having them too.

PC versions are usually superior, but only when they work well. Game are less likely to have problems and errors on a console. So are there enough problems with the game currently that going for a ps3 would save me from a world of pain and annoyance?
ToveriJuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
iceveiled

I didn't have any camera issues playing with a 360 controller on PC, but yeah...screen tearing because vsync doesn't work was the main issue I had, and of course my GPU overheating because it's maxing out at 100% trying to pump out as many frames as it can. Did nobody test this prior to shipping it? :-\

I don't care how good the game is, this kind of sloppiness and half-assedness is unforgivable.
iceveiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:37 AM   #9
AustralianMagic

You do understand the pc version is a console port right?

The game is still fantastic though.
AustralianMagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darksiders