Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

Old 08-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #16
Zurp 2.0

They're not immune to all spells, mind you, just to the basic ones. Gates work fine on them.

I speculate that the Jians might be more cybertech focused and Culter more psi focused given that the Jian are the ones who provide new cyber implants (through Asmadai) and have more advanced-looking armour, while the Culter are the ones who provide new psi spells (through Hecathe) and have more primitive-looking armour. Additionally, most Jian seldom use polyclones, while most Culter use them all the time.

That's all I'm basing it off, though, and there could well be Jians in the mission who're immune that I didn't encounter. Certainly the ones in ltemple were immune.

Scrabal drones don't seem to be upgradeable apart from the researches for shield, armour, and laser. Hacking characters benefit mainly from hacking's ability to amass a slaved army and from cyber implants' extreme potency.
Zurp 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #17
charliebarker

See, I have trouble amassing an army . . . because my would-be slaves always stupidly try and go aggro against their MASS of friends before they can even get to me. What's the preferred method to amass a small militia before they moronically get themselves killed? Possess and send them elsewhere, then re-hack?

Also, would maxing hacking give any benefit aside from MUCH better numbers? Do hacking skill points improve SPEED of action AND att/def/HP stats? I've seen conflicting accounts.

And I'm seriously wondering about the difference in spawned weapons on those scrabs, if they're never upgradeable via skills.

EDIT: Are Jians up to/including masters hackable?

Last edited by charliebarker: 08-14-2012 at 10:25 AM.
charliebarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:13 AM   #18
charliebarker

Not sure if this thread has anyone's attention anymore . . . but I think the Pillars in the siege on the temple might be buggy.

While I didn't try it all that many times, the only entity I noticed invocation working on was a Pillar-- which was funny. I then proceeded to go to eliminate the next one, and close by him I hacked a culter soldier . . . then noticed that the "soldier" had a triangle on him that said "eliminate." His hacking stats were akin to a lower-level soldier!

Also, I noticed then once I've hacked 7 culters, shortly thereafter they begin to beat/shoot each other to death. I don't know if it's a feature put in to keep me from enslaving too many of them, or just a bug . . . but it seems to sequentially cause one to be the target of 2-3 others. Very odd.
charliebarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #19
DualJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebarker View Post
Not sure if this thread has anyone's attention anymore . . . but I think the Pillars in the siege on the temple might be buggy.

While I didn't try it all that many times, the only entity I noticed invocation working on was a Pillar-- which was funny. I then proceeded to go to eliminate the next one, and close by him I hacked a culter soldier . . . then noticed that the "soldier" had a triangle on him that said "eliminate." His hacking stats were akin to a lower-level soldier!

Also, I noticed then once I've hacked 7 culters, shortly thereafter they begin to beat/shoot each other to death. I don't know if it's a feature put in to keep me from enslaving too many of them, or just a bug . . . but it seems to sequentially cause one to be the target of 2-3 others. Very odd.
I don't know.
Very occasionally, they'll have low hacking.
That's a glitch.
DualJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #20
Zurp 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebarker View Post
Are Jians up to/including masters hackable?
Yes, although Jian masters in the co-op missions, when hackable, seem to have extremely high Hacking skills.

I'm not sure if they're hackable in the current patch but they were in the patch immediately preceding it.
Zurp 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy