Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Bulletstorm

Old 07-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
Fazer2

First experience with GFWL - bad one

I wanted to warn you about my first experience with GFWL. I decided to buy Bulletstorm on summer sale, despite knowing it uses the dreaded service. I launched it and saw I had to create GFWL account. I wrote my email - turned out that one already existed (but I don't remember creating such account).

I didn't know the password, so I reset it and when I tried to log in I got an error "Email or password is incorrect". I reset it again, with the same effect.

I can't even log in to live.com website, so I sent a request for account verification yesterday. I don't know if they fix the problem, I don't know if I should create local profile and play without multiplayer or achievements, I don't know if I should tie my cd-key to the online account - what if I lose access to it in the future?

To sum up, developers should abandon GFWL as soon as possible. Gamers, you have been warned.

Edit: I got the reply from MS and the data I gave about me was incorrect. -_- I'm done playing games with them.
Edit 2: Apparently Bulletstorm doesn't work with local profile, I still need to log in with a GFWL account :/

Last edited by Fazer2: 07-22-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
Malkhuth

I'm having similar difficulties as well.
GFWL kept going through repeated updates and now it won't even try to sign in so I can't play the singleplayer game I paid for because an online service is broken.
Steam is annoying enough already but DRM within DRM is insufferable.

While Steam is mandatory for a lot of games, millions still use it by choice. No one uses GFWL by choice. When will publishers realize this?
Malkhuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:06 AM   #3
BogLin

My first experience from 2011

Steam installing Bulletstorm...
Preparing to launch Bulletstorm...
Laggy EA logo could not skip (updates stopped that)...
This game requires a games for windows live profile...
Create a profile with my valid email address and password (which I use on a regular basis)...
Updates to GFWL...
Could not log into the service, password or email is wrong nonsense...
Create another account and email I use on a regular basis to see what happens...Oh look it works...
Try again with the other account...Does not work...
Try to use game key with other email address...
Thinking about what to do about this...Is the game related to Steam or a third party game...Oh dear...
Tried all the forum threads for solutions (even the silly ones)...Fail...
Looks on Micro$oft sites about this, one suggestion is buying another copy of the game...What!?
Tries again over the months, even in 2012. Fail.

Games for Windows Live (GFWL) is a scam
One thing comes to mind when a program or software claims to do what is advertised and when you use it, it fails. And then it suggests you pay for something; Malware, adware, fraudware, crapware, virus, trojan, dodgy emails or phishing attempts. And much of the notorious internet advertising comes from America anyway.

Game news site ignores the obvious (no surprise really)
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...rm-2-canceled/

Its just as pointless reading game news as it is reading regular news - they never tell you what it really is about.

Some people say that Micro$oft employs so called former crackers or dodgy programmers to keep their OSs updated regularly. Well it seems to me they employed people to let some people buy the game and be allowed to play it while some people don't get to and they try to blame it on the user's end and even suggest buying another copy of the game. And how easy can this be what with this being the net and everyone can so easily be miffed or think a comment is a rant and not fully researched info or what to do on a problem.

Get rid of Micro$oft
They are third world exploiters anyway what with claiming to be helping poor people in harsh areas of the world which is only harsh because of all this divide and conquer and industrialisation. Bill Gates foundation or whatever dumping money into useless lobbies that are making people sick with so called medical treatments or the food donations which isn't food but junk food. Oh and lets not forget Micro$oft's lies about the linux stuff and their own products.
BogLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
CTRL ALT DEL !

Same issue here, I have been locked out, how can they think you don't own the account if you own the email address associated with it. I am totally screwed here I have a crap load of games on that account.
CTRL ALT DEL ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
JohnHadley

You aren't screwed if your account is locked. That might just mean someone entered the wrong password too many times. Go to account.live.com and click on "Can't access your account?", answer the questions, and they'll send you a password reset email so you can get your account unlocked, password reset, and you can log in again.

As long as you have access to the email account you registered with you should be able to recover your account.
JohnHadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:49 AM   #6
Fazer2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHadley View Post
You aren't screwed if your account is locked. That might just mean someone entered the wrong password too many times. Go to account.live.com and click on "Can't access your account?", answer the questions, and they'll send you a password reset email so you can get your account unlocked, password reset, and you can log in again.

As long as you have access to the email account you registered with you should be able to recover your account.
The problem is that I already tried that. Here's how it looked like:
1. I requested password reset.
2. I got the mail with a link to do it, clicked on it.
3. I changed my password successfully.
4. I tried to log in with my email and the new password.
5. I got an error that login or password is incorrect.

This happened many times, no matter wbat password I set.
I also tried a method where I pretend I don't have access to my email. They wanted me to answer some personal questions, but my answers were wrong.

I gave up and created a new email (which also wasn't easy, because it seems every sensible name on hotmail is already taken and they don"t shlw you available ones).
Fazer2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Bulletstorm