Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

Old 08-16-2012, 05:06 PM   #61
kira1000

so, what does this actually do? does it make the font bigger or what. Got E.Y.E installed but font is very small.
kira1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #62
DualJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira1000 View Post
so, what does this actually do? does it make the font bigger or what. Got E.Y.E installed but font is very small.
Mess with the resolution.
DualJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:11 AM   #63
KrazyKain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAlpha666 View Post
I'm sorry you and your friend had issues, but can't your friend install the mod so you both see the same descriptions? It should be clear that you both need to run the same mod or you will be running different versions of the game. If the both of you run the same mod, then you shouldn't experience any issues.

We changed the mission descriptions because the original descriptions were often very vague or misleading. There's little reason why those texts shouldn't be changed, and many reasons why they should be.

About the kill messages. We only replaced the random "you've killed [rank]" messages that pop-up in the middle of your screen, like "you've killed a sergeant". Why would you want those messages back?

We will look into changing the "kill confirmed" message.

Will be fixed in the next version. Thanks for reporting it!
I would want those back because they were not random, those were telling you that you killed a higher ranked more powerful enemy, usually the commanders would have more shields and deal more damage.

as for the issues with my friend. sure, I can get my friend to download it, but what about when I join random Mission servers? not everyone is going to have it, and this sort of communication issue is going to happen. Ideally you would have changed the objective description when you hold tab, but leave the actual objective that appears at the marker.
so it still says deactivate, but once you press tab it then says "Deactivate: deactivate the objectives by destroying them" or something like that.
KrazyKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:16 AM   #64
BlackAlpha666

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira1000 View Post
The mod overhauls the interface and dialogue text. Everything will be in proper English while sticking close to the original experience as much as possible. The goal was to make the text less confusing (proper English) and make it so it adds more to the atmosphere of the game. See the screenshots in the first post for examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKain View Post
I would want those back because they were not random, those were telling you that you killed a higher ranked more powerful enemy...
But does that really matter? Why do you need a confirmation that the guy you just killed was a stronger enemy? Sometimes the stronger enemies don't trigger those messages. At the end of the day, it simply resulted in random text popping up in the middle of your screen. Besides, by shooting them you should've noticed that the guy you just shot was a bit stronger, right? Well, I just don't see what it adds to the game. I think how it is now is better for the game, for the reasons you stated in your first post.

Quote:
as for the issues with my friend. sure, I can get my friend to download it, but what about when I join random Mission servers? not everyone is going to have it, and this sort of communication issue is going to happen. Ideally you would have changed the objective description when you hold tab, but leave the actual objective that appears at the marker.
so it still says deactivate, but once you press tab it then says "Deactivate: deactivate the objectives by destroying them" or something like that.
Sadly, this is simply how mods work. You both need to run the same mod to avoid issues. There will be more incompatibility issues than just the mission descriptions, so there's no need to compromise just the mission descriptions. The only real solution is to simply play with people who use the same mod. Handle this mod like any other mod out there. Really, it's up to the community to adapt the mod into the community. You could for example put in the server name that you are using the mod, that should attract like-minded people.
BlackAlpha666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:05 AM   #65
KrazyKain

Quote:
But does that really matter? Why do you need a confirmation that the guy you just killed was a stronger enemy? Sometimes the stronger enemies don't trigger those messages. At the end of the day, it simply resulted in random text popping up in the middle of your screen. Besides, by shooting them you should've noticed that the guy you just shot was a bit stronger, right? Well, I just don't see what it adds to the game. I think how it is now is better for the game, for the reasons you stated in your first post.
yes, yes it does matter. without getting into it, your Mod is about improving the English without changing the meaning. and That is exactly what you did. If you want to keep it feeling like an immersive helmet hud message then just have it say something like "Target rank Identified: Commander"

Quote:
Sadly, this is simply how mods work. You both need to run the same mod to avoid issues. There will be more incompatibility issues than just the mission descriptions, so there's no need to compromise just the mission descriptions. The only real solution is to simply play with people who use the same mod. Handle this mod like any other mod out there. Really, it's up to the community to adapt the mod into the community. You could for example put in the server name that you are using the mod, that should attract like-minded people.
I do know how MODs work, and this is not like any other mod out there. it is a text revamp and doesn't really change any of the gameplay or maps or models. If anything this is more akin to downloading a custom crosshair in whatever fps, which would be 100% compatible in multiplayer with other players. If you want to split the already small community that's your decision, but I assure you it's going to result in less people interested in the mod.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #66
BlackAlpha666

Quote:
I do know how MODs work, and this is not like any other mod out there. it is a text revamp and doesn't really change any of the gameplay or maps or models. If anything this is more akin to downloading a custom crosshair in whatever fps, which would be 100% compatible in multiplayer with other players. If you want to split the already small community that's your decision, but I assure you it's going to result in less people interested in the mod.
Ah, but that's just the thing, the goal of this mod is to go beyond the simple "reskin job". We wanted to get rid of the many mistakes and weaknesses of the game. That's why it's not acceptable for us to keep a few of those mistakes here and there, just for the sake of multiplayer (which isn't that popular). The result of this is that the mod is not a mere "custom crosshair", it's much bigger than that. It's a total overhaul. The fact that you can even play together with people who use the vanilla version is a great bonus.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #67
anticitizen101

>notices the mod is released

Kyodan, you just made my day.
anticitizen101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #68
KrazyKain

Quote:
Ah, but that's just the thing, the goal of this mod is to go beyond the simple "reskin job". We wanted to get rid of the many mistakes and weaknesses of the game. That's why it's not acceptable for us to keep a few of those mistakes here and there, just for the sake of multiplayer (which isn't that popular). The result of this is that the mod is not a mere "custom crosshair", it's much bigger than that. It's a total overhaul. The fact that you can even play together with people who use the vanilla version is a great bonus.
well fair enough, I guess the issue isnt the mod itself, it's that it's not what I was hoping for, can't blame anyone for that.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:01 AM   #69
BlackAlpha666

Hey guys,

Version 1.4 released: http://min.us/modeyetextrevamp

It mostly contains bug fixes. There shouldn't be any glitches with the combat messages anymore.

Sorry it took so long, I was waiting for Kyodan for feedback but he went MIA again.

This will probably be the last version of the mod. I'll be checking in every now and then in case you guys report a serious bug that needs fixing. But anyway, I'll be moving on to other games.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #70
tevorock

Work with Patch 1.37?

Last edited by tevorock: 01-05-2013 at 10:40 AM.
tevorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #71
King_Kosher

D/L Link for 1.4 is dead
King_Kosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #72
Dell_the_Engie

I was initially excited to download this mod, but now reading through the comments, I'm a little skeptical, since it sounds like too much was done. I suppose I'll give it a shot, though.
Dell_the_Engie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #73
Shoutenkou

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Kosher View Post
D/L Link for 1.4 is dead
It's disappointing, can someone upload 1.4 for us maybe ?
Shoutenkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #74
BlackAlpha666

Version 1.4:
http://www.mediafire.com/?n7lgma64tz6maa9

I can't promise it will work since there has been a game patch since that version was released and I don't have the time to check it out.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy