Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Orcs Must Die! series

Old 08-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
Burstcontrol

OMD2 Singleplayer

I don't really have anyone to play with for OMD2, so I wana play it solo, but the levels seem a bit hectic. Can the game be played solo fine? Or should I just wait to find a co-op partner?
Old 08-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
abiku

Co-op definitely makes it easier, but you can do it solo. It'll just take a little practice and some experimentation with different trap combos and layouts. I started out pretty bad at the game, but I've 5-skulled all of the maps solo on War Mage and all but the last map (only 2 skulls, so far >.<) on Nightmare.

Get used to watching the minimap to see where things are and listen for them to call out things you need to pay attention to. (Sappers on the way, mobs getting into areas near your rifts, etc.)
abiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
Gerroh

I five-skulled all the maps on warmage and nightmare playing solo, you should do just fine.
It'll probably get challenging at some points, but don't give up and look for someone to give you an explanation or ask Robot to reduce the difficulty like so many others have, instead just keep trying. Keep trying new strategies and see what works.
Gerroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
Smeggit

Solo is good fun. I've finished with the Sorceress and a few maps had me saying Oh crap but all are manageable.
Smeggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
Hamster Gutz

I haven't even played Co-op yet. Don't have any friends who have the game. But this is fine in singleplayer, except some of the maps get kind of ridiculous. It took me so many tries to finally beat Twisted Halls on War Mage. I finally just did endless a few times for more skulls, then was able to beat it.
Hamster Gutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #6
Backslider.r2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster Gutz View Post
I haven't even played Co-op yet. Don't have any friends who have the game.
I can sympathize. I met most of my friends in L4D. Having a hard time convincing any of them to buy a fantasy tower defense, no matter how great I say it is. :/

To the OP: while the maps seem to be more hectic and have more paths to the rift(s) than the average map in the original, you can still 5-skull all of them on Nightmare by yourself. Barricades are your friends, especially if you don't have that sweet, sweet, blatantly OP tar.
Backslider.r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #7
johnh10

It's also rather easy to jump into the OMD2 steam group chat room to find someone to play coop with.
johnh10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #8
Hamster Gutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backslider.r2 View Post
I can sympathize. I met most of my friends in L4D. Having a hard time convincing any of them to buy a fantasy tower defense, no matter how great I say it is. :/

To the OP: while the maps seem to be more hectic and have more paths to the rift(s) than the average map in the original, you can still 5-skull all of them on Nightmare by yourself. Barricades are your friends, especially if you don't have that sweet, sweet, blatantly OP tar.
I'd totally play Co-op with you, if you wanted to.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:44 AM   #9
Backslider.r2

Quote:
Sounds like fun. Friend request sent!
Backslider.r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #10
Ishan451

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burstcontrol View Post
I don't really have anyone to play with for OMD2, so I wana play it solo, but the levels seem a bit hectic. Can the game be played solo fine? Or should I just wait to find a co-op partner?

It gets better in Act 2 when you are defending Rifts again and are out of the Mines. The Mines are just a stressful, unpleasant and very unrewarding part of the game if your playing solo.

That said, as soon as you have left them behind, it gets much more fun on your own and even though the levels still aren't as much designed with a possible singleplayer experiance in mind, you should have all you need in order to deal with them without having the same feeling of needing to be at two places at once as the Mines gave.
Ishan451 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #11
Wardiaper

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backslider.r2 View Post
Sounds like fun. Friend request sent!
OMD2 makes new friendships
Wardiaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #12
Hamster Gutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardiaper View Post
OMD2 makes new friendships
How heartwarming.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #13
Walter Matthau

I'm also always down for some co op! Feel free to invite! Big Coffin Hunter on Steam.
Walter Matthau is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Orcs Must Die! series