Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2

Old 08-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #31
Milkycookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke3DFreak View Post
I've gotten kicked from more than a handful of games recently because, for whatever reason, the infected target me. I'm sticking with the group but I am the odd man out.

No, I cannot deadstop every hunter pounce or jockey leap.

I cannot dodge every charge. And I can't headshot every smoker pull.

Yes, if I am the sole person boomed on, please help shoot the common infected off me, like I do for you.

You know that hoarde you ran past and didn't bother to kill? Now they're surrounding me and the other guy I was keeping an eye on while you make a run for it. Oops, now we're boomed on and the other guy is hunter pounced.

If I'm healing myself, don't run ahead and then complain/kick me for getting attacked. That's your fault for not watching my back as I did when you healed.

If I hold my spawn to wait for a coordinated attack, why are you voting to kick me?

And if I am a tank, all survivors have green health, two of them have molotovs and no one else is spawned in don't b*tch at me to run in for the kill. And then when I don't run in only to have my butt handed to me on a silver platter you call a votekick. Idiot...

When I see other teams kicking their MVP, based on the round end stats, all I can do is shake my head and laugh.
Not saying you're a bad player, so don't take this the wrong way.

But if you're constantly targeted, you're making yourself too easy a target. If you know the maps good enough, you'll understand how to minimize your footprint in-game. Use the in-game obstacles to always create a barrier between yourself and SI.

It's harder to do it against Players who know how to use the Hunter well though, but still, there are little ledges, platforms that partially block and deter high damage pounces. In other words, make it that much harder for you to be targeted in the first place.
Milkycookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:52 AM   #32
SariKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkycookie View Post
Not saying you're a bad player, so don't take this the wrong way.

But if you're constantly targeted, you're making yourself too easy a target. If you know the maps good enough, you'll understand how to minimize your footprint in-game. Use the in-game obstacles to always create a barrier between yourself and SI.

It's harder to do it against Players who know how to use the Hunter well though, but still, there are little ledges, platforms that partially block and deter high damage pounces. In other words, make it that much harder for you to be targeted in the first place.
It seems to me you are missing the point.. I did not get the impression from original post that this was the problem.

Let's turn it the other way around: if I play in an infected team, we target the guy whom we notice the others don't help! So in this case the reason we target him are really the bad teammates he has, not his skill.
SariKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:57 AM   #33
MystMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SariKK View Post
Let's turn it the other way around: if I play in an infected team, we target the guy whom we notice the others don't help! So in this case the reason we target him are really the bad teammates he has, not his skill.
Yup. Been there, done that. In both campaign and versus. Teammates can depend on me for quick saves, but when the tables are turned I'm left hanging because my team can't be bothered to pay attention or are simply slooooooooow. If this happens in versus, it must be automatically my fault because they are perfect players, so perfect that they don't need to care about my safety as I care about theirs.
MystMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:52 AM   #34
ProudJedi23

very true agree with evrything u said that how random games going most of the time
ProudJedi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:38 PM   #35
marcus903

Here's my question: Why can't you wait until the Survivors get to a particular area before attacking without getting kicked from the game?

Ignorance is a Problem
marcus903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:21 AM   #36
RedHyuuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus903 View Post
Here's my question: Why can't you wait until the Survivors get to a particular area before attacking without getting kicked from the game?

Ignorance is a Problem
What do you mean?
RedHyuuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:49 AM   #37
agent0kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus903 View Post

Ignorance is a Problem
Sounds like people think he isnt Kredit to Team if he isnt instantly kamikaze attacking the Survivors upon spawn. Ive never been kicked for it but Ive heard a few complaints. Thats when I tell them Im a Boomer and all 4 survivors are in the middle of an open area...Id never make it in BarfRange let alone close enough to Splode on them etc etc. You cant just run face first at them every time you spawn, but many players think thats how you play.

Ive had many instances where I spawned and there was no good time to attack without getting instagibbed. Like playing Spah on Tf2, timing is key.
agent0kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #38
marcus903

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent0kevin View Post
Sounds like people think he isnt Kredit to Team if he isnt instantly kamikaze attacking the Survivors upon spawn. Ive never been kicked for it but Ive heard a few complaints. Thats when I tell them Im a Boomer and all 4 survivors are in the middle of an open area...Id never make it in BarfRange let alone close enough to Splode on them etc etc. You cant just run face first at them every time you spawn, but many players think thats how you play.

Ive had many instances where I spawned and there was no good time to attack without getting instagibbed. Like playing Spah on Tf2, timing is key.
That happened twice.

It happened when I spawned as a Smoker in No Mercy 1 and as a Charger in Blood Harvest 2.

I did this when I had L4D1 with no problem. I went outside (towards the roof of the building) and waited for the Survivor team to get outside so I can constrict them. On my way over there, I get kicked.

At the beginning of Blood Harvest 2, there is a narrow hallway and it would be hell trying to charge them. So I tried to wait until they get to the boiler room (or whatever that room called). I was kicked during the process.
marcus903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #39
ASpieboy

simple: don`t play versus or scavenge.

l4d2 players are total s

and all these white knights offering helpful advice are the guys who kicked you FYI
ASpieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #40
TheCombatMedic

I can't imagine how people from L4D would handle being killed over and over in Day-Z
TheCombatMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #41
cityuk04

Ahhh, I had the worst "community is full of idiots moment" recently...

Rochelle was on the floor with a millimetre of health so I ran over to start reviving just as she was about to expire. In the meantime a team-mate got jockeyed but I ignored him to save Rochelle. Then there's a barrage of verbal assaults from the jockeyed guy and his friend and they vote me off since stupid Rochelle doesn't even register an vote despite me saving her. I even got the jockey off the guy 5 seconds later.

People are so stupid sometimes... It's almost safer to be a nub because you don't stand out from the crowd.
cityuk04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #42
iggy04

Quote:
Rochelle was on the floor with a millimetre of health so I ran over to start reviving just as she was about to expire. In the meantime a team-mate got jockeyed but I ignored him to save Rochelle.
The ratio of you being able to save the incapped {bot?} compared to the next wave of horde and 2-3 potential SI spawns would have been minimal to saving the jockeyed player rather than letting him/her get carried away and lose Rochelle - since as you noted, she was about to die anyway.

They probably saw it as you wasting your time. If someone is a millimetre from death and there's a handful of zombies around and then a teammate gets jockeyed, then I'd go save the teammate.

Unless I'm missing something here...
iggy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #43
cityuk04

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy04 View Post
The ratio of you being able to save the incapped {bot?} compared to the next wave of horde and 2-3 potential SI spawns would have been minimal to saving the jockeyed player rather than letting him/her get carried away and lose Rochelle - since as you noted, she was about to die anyway.

They probably saw it as you wasting your time. If someone is a millimetre from death and there's a handful of zombies around and then a teammate gets jockeyed, then I'd go save the teammate.

Unless I'm missing something here...
You are completely. I guess you can't explain it, you have to understand yourself.

Rochelle wasn't a bot, it was a player - hence the vote...
There were no zombies around, it was a clean pick-up
We were in an open area and no one was getting "jockeyed off" out of site. I could see him the whole time

There's simply no contest between someone with a kit loosing 20 hp and loosing a team-mate completely... It can't get much clearer than that.

Not meaning to single you out, I'm sure you had your reasons for that reply, but it's exactly the sort of "well meaning" ignorance that can be frustrating.

Last edited by cityuk04: 08-20-2012 at 02:05 PM.
cityuk04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #44
Caesium-137

Sounds like you need to build up a block list. Every time someone kicks you (for no reason), disrespects you, griefs, ext...block them. You'll start noticing your online experience getting better and better each session.
Caesium-137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #45
Duke3DFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityuk04 View Post
You are completely. I guess you can't explain it, you have to understand yourself.

Rochelle wasn't a bot, it was a player - hence the vote...
There were no zombies around, it was a clean pick-up
We were in an open area and no one was getting "jockeyed off" out of site. I could see him the whole time

There's simply no contest between someone with a kit loosing 20 hp and loosing a team-mate completely... It can't get much clearer than that.

Not meaning to single you out, I'm sure you had your reasons for that reply, but it's exactly the sort of "well meaning" ignorance that can be frustrating.
City, you did the smart/good player thing. Losing a player is crucial. You can always pick the jockeyed guy up after you get the almost-dead player up. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't played this game enough or is dumb.
Duke3DFreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2