Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam Community Discussion

Old 08-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
Scorcher24

[BETA] Spoilers in GameHub

Since it lists all videos there, there should be an option for setting a spoilertag on my own videos or screenshots, so people can choose to ignore those videos with a setting.
Or let the community vote if a video/screen contains spoilers, but that opens the door for abuse.

Example: For Spec Ops, there is a video on the front page of the GameHub that shows the ending of the game right away. People that did not finish the and therefore not recognizing this from the picture (how would they), could watch it and getting spoiled horribly.

I don't know whats the best way, but esp. for screenshots, something needs to be done since they are so big.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
StanGe

good point very good point. as we probably all know, spoilers are the worst enemy for a gamer. and i don´t wanna avoid the new game hubs in fear of spoilers. so give users both the option to tag a screenshot/vid with a spoiler tag so it don´t show up in the gamehub or only with a spoiler tag and give us the option to tag screenshots/vids as spoiler.
StanGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #3
Scorcher24

Does not seem to disturb many .
Scorcher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
even248

+1
This is a very valid concern. It's not an option to completely avoid the community tab while having unfinished games you don't want spoiled (which is practically always). Since the hub list shuffles all the time, you never know what you might see when you go there and for which games.
even248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #5
Tyraa Rane

I think the game hubs could do with some filtering...flags on individual pieces of content maybe, that are set by the uploader. That way a user could choose whether or not they want to see videos/screenshots that have been flagged for spoilers, for instance.

Of course, this would rely on whoever posted the video in the first place flagging for spoilers/whatever, which of course some trolls won't do. So maybe the community should be allowed to flag for stuff like that as well.

As it is now all we have is the "report" button, which can get adult/completely unrelated content removed in some cases, but doesn't do much for spoilers.
Tyraa Rane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
Chris Fifty-Two

I like the idea.
Chris Fifty-Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #7
Sitalkio

+1
My brother just told me his eyes went on fire when he opened the friends tab with my activity: it was full of Oblivion ending old screenshots
Sitalkio is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam Community Discussion