Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gundemonium Collection

Old 10-14-2011, 03:38 AM   #1
Admiral Tipsy

Gundemonium Collection games randomly stuttering?

Alright, so when I was playing Gundemonium Recollection, I was completely lost on what a few of the terms and such meant, so I quit out of the game and checked the manual. As soon as I relaunched the game, however, there started to be a terrible stuttering with the game, making it look as though it were playing at 10 fps, even though the counter showed 60. This now happens with all three games and I can't find a way to fix it. Help?
Old 10-14-2011, 03:41 AM   #2
PyroToaster

I've had minor stuttering since the patch, not sure what's causing it, though it seems to be worse if I have something like Skype in the background. It didn't happen before the patch.
PyroToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:49 AM   #3
Admiral Tipsy

Odd, the game worked just fine for me after the patch. This problem seemed to come out of nowhere. It might help to add that I reinstalled all three games, and they all now refuse to update from version 1.0. D:
Admiral Tipsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:21 AM   #4
KawaiiSara

XSEED Games
I was asked by the creator to change the version to "Steam 1.00" instead of a plain version number that matched the original release. In fact, "Steam ver 1.00" is the latest. As for the stuttering, I'm not entirely sure what's up and am not personally having any problems, but rest assured I'm going to look into it. It's just a bit harder since I can't personally reproduce it.

Last edited by KawaiiSara: 10-14-2011 at 04:23 AM.
KawaiiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
Admiral Tipsy

Oh, phew; I thought the game was falling apart for me. As a bit more info on the stuttering on my system, it started at complete random, but seems to only happen in fullscreen mode. It isn't random either; the stuttering is constant and doesn't really look like low fps, but more like the frames literally skip. It sort of reminds me of if you were to fast-forward a dvd at a slightly higher speed than normal, and -in fullscreen at least- makes the game rather unplayable for me. Here is my setup:

Windows 7 64-bit
i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz
8.00 gb RAM
Nvidia GTX 460 (1 gb)

Thank you for hearing me out!
Admiral Tipsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:48 PM   #6
STGScorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Tipsy View Post
Oh, phew; I thought the game was falling apart for me. As a bit more info on the stuttering on my system, it started at complete random, but seems to only happen in fullscreen mode. It isn't random either; the stuttering is constant and doesn't really look like low fps, but more like the frames literally skip. It sort of reminds me of if you were to fast-forward a dvd at a slightly higher speed than normal, and -in fullscreen at least- makes the game rather unplayable for me. Here is my setup:

Windows 7 64-bit
i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz
8.00 gb RAM
Nvidia GTX 460 (1 gb)

Thank you for hearing me out!
Same thing is happening to me. It's like playing with 1/6 frameskip. It makes the game so much harder... The game I played was Hitogata Happa. I haven't tried the other games yet. Maybe I'll test them tomorrow when I have more time.

And its not just the game, even the menu screen looks like it's skipping frames.
STGScorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:00 PM   #7
KawaiiSara

XSEED Games
If you guys are using modern CPUs you should check your power settings. Try making sure your OS is set to Always On (XP) or High Performance (Vista/7) power mode and see if it makes a difference. It might be triggering SpeedStep/Cool 'n Quiet in weird ways, that's happened to me with some programs before, including some past builds of GundeadliGne actually. I am not saying this is the solution, just that I'd rather rule it out early on so I can look for the real problem here.

Last edited by KawaiiSara: 10-17-2011 at 06:05 PM.
KawaiiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #8
PyroToaster

I changed my power setting to High Performance (usually have it on HP Recommended, which is pretty much the same and works fine for every other game I've played) and it didn't help.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #9
PyroToaster

I seem to have found a way to fix this problem, at least for me.

What I had to do was go to gundemonium.exe, go to properties, and tick "disable desktop composition" under compatibility.

This means that Aero gets disabled as soon as the game launches, and now it runs just as smoothly as it did before the patch.

I'm guessing here, but I think that patch may have broken or changed full-screen in some way, since I was getting skype notifications while playing, which doesn't happen with any other fullscreen games.

Hopefully this helps other people, and maybe helps Sara pinpoint the problem.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #10
nigel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroToaster View Post
I seem to have found a way to fix this problem, at least for me.

What I had to do was go to gundemonium.exe, go to properties, and tick "disable desktop composition" under compatibility.
Thanks for this - was stuttering really badly for me and this seems to have fixed it completely.
nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroToaster View Post
I've had minor stuttering since the patch, not sure what's causing it, though it seems to be worse if I have something like Skype in the background. It didn't happen before the patch.
jamestown for example starts with just one core at a friends notebook. have a look, good luck.
6327 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gundemonium Collection