Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 08-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
stoRm.69

Thumbs up CS:GO Competitive Play

Okay, so I've played counter-strike since 1.0 and enjoyed the game until source, and global offensive came out. I'm a competitive player, and love competitive play but CS:GO just doesn't fit in that category. I have to admit that so far 1.6 is much better for competitive play than CS:GO. I know this is a new game, but what about the competitive players? We can't stick to 1.6 for ever... CS:GO Beta was a lot worse, and it seems that Valve is now listening to the forums and heading the right direction. Right now, a lot of things are out of place. The game is fine for regular play but competitive wise, it's not.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
Carverr

So, what's wrong about GO? Aside from the fact that it was released a few days ago.
Carverr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
VPPTrue

^hasn't played any other versions.
VPPTrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:44 PM   #4
mmstick

^ joined Steam forums in 2012
I'm afraid I would have to admit that CSGO is far more competitive than CS 1.6 and CSS combined. Have you not played CSGO? Can you list any good reasons for why it isn't? We can list many reasons why it is.

We have:

A recoil and weapon firing system that actually requires much more skill than previous games.

Weapons are really well balanced and thought out, no more having $16,000 all the time. Different weapons award different payout for kills, so using an AWP and deagle the entire game isn't a choice you can so easily make now.

A gamemode designed around competitive play, 15 rounds on T and 15 rounds on CT. Having an official mode dedicated to competitiveness is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by mmstick: 08-26-2012 at 11:48 PM.
mmstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:47 PM   #5
TheRabidDeer

The only thing that is holding back CS:GO is the 1st person flinching and the lack of 3rd person flinching. Fix that and the game is a graphically updated 1.6 with different spam spots.
TheRabidDeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #6
Blood Eagle

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by VPPTrue View Post
^hasn't played any other versions.
I've played CS since the original beta, and I still don't know what exactly the competitive players seem to hate about GO. I've also played a couple seasons of competitive CS in both 1.6 and CS:S years ago.

I didn't quit because the games weren't good for competitive gaming, I quit because the players in those leagues have the foulest attitudes and horrendous sportsmanship.

It would not surprise me if they refuse to switch to a new game, simply because they are whiny little babies who are afraid of change.
Blood Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:21 AM   #7
mmstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Eagle View Post
I've played CS since the original beta, and I still don't know what exactly the competitive players seem to hate about GO. I've also played a couple seasons of competitive CS in both 1.6 and CS:S years ago.

I didn't quit because the games weren't good for competitive gaming, I quit because the players in those leagues have the foulest attitudes and horrendous sportsmanship.

It would not surprise me if they refuse to switch to a new game, simply because they are whiny little babies who are afraid of change.
It's really easy to figure out why they don't like it.
A decent population of the CS community hates 'change'. If anything is even ever so slightly improved, it is instantly hated. Now that CSGO has brought drastic changes that improve CS, it has brought forth drastic hatred for the changes. Give them a year or two and they will eventually warm up to it.
mmstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #8
4ton Mantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
The only thing that is holding back CS:GO is the 1st person flinching and the lack of 3rd person flinching. Fix that and the game is a graphically updated 1.6 with different spam spots.
Agreed, do both of these things.
4ton Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:24 AM   #9
csgoreally

Not all change is beneficial.

1.6 was nearly flawless and competitive play was probably as perfect as it could get. That's why change from something that the competitive community has assumed to be "right" or "correct" for years will be initially rejected. That community expects CS:GO to become the successor, and it has failed at it. It's a work in progress, and will be until it becomes similar to 1.6.
csgoreally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:15 AM   #10
gir1337

..... but you guys do realize, that CS:GO was designed to appeal to a more casual audience, do you?

This game is far from being really competitive. And you know why? Because it wasn´t made for a purely competitive audience.

Everyone who has the slightest clue about the development of CS:GO should know that by now...seems like people still don´t get it. Oh..yeah..they have a "competitive-mode" in there..THAT changes the whole thing ...hahahaha....hilarious...
gir1337 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive