Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare 3

Old 08-26-2012, 01:01 AM   #16
Dante*

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by der_pwner View Post
Just wait for the first people who say that "BO2 got dedicated Servers, cheating will be no problem".

I bet that cheats from MW3 or Black Ops 1 will work with minimal changes by the developers.
Most of the cheats that work with MW3 wont work with BO2. They wont even work with BO1, and that's because of the differences in engine and multiplayer infrastructure.

As for the BO1 hacks working with BO2, I would reckon that a few of the privately created hacks - that is, the ones that cost a fair bit of money and are still undetected by VAC - will work with BO2, but most of the public hacks for BO1 have already been detected and banned by VAC.

FACT: BO1 was pretty much a hack-free game. I only ever saw a handful of hackers during its heyday, and recently, I haven't seen a single hacker in BO1 in over 5 months and I play it every day. Treyarch did a good job making the game as hack free as possible.
Dante* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:41 AM   #17
Hamster Gutz

It seems like most hackers stick to Ground War. Every single time I try to play Ground War, I've encountered a hacker. Hell, one time there were 3 hackers on the same team. All other game modes seem to have a lot less hackers, simply because there are less players per team, so they get less kills.
Hamster Gutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:30 AM   #18
Phrenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante* View Post
Most of the cheats that work with MW3 wont work with BO2. They wont even work with BO1, and that's because of the differences in engine and multiplayer infrastructure.

As for the BO1 hacks working with BO2, I would reckon that a few of the privately created hacks - that is, the ones that cost a fair bit of money and are still undetected by VAC - will work with BO2, but most of the public hacks for BO1 have already been detected and banned by VAC.

FACT: BO1 was pretty much a hack-free game. I only ever saw a handful of hackers during its heyday, and recently, I haven't seen a single hacker in BO1 in over 5 months and I play it every day. Treyarch did a good job making the game as hack free as possible.
I'd say now because very few people play it. 90% of the servers are pure crap, crouch/nuketown.
Phrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #19
auptyk

If you are claiming to see hacks more than... 2 times a week, then you simply just suck. And that 2 times a week is being WAY OVER GENEROUS. I play ~20 hours a week so around 80 hours a month, and in 80 hours of play a month I maybe come across 2 hackers. ... maybe.

However, if I compare the amount of hackusations I and my friends get on a nightly basis... wow. I would say on an average night I am called a hacker and or told I will be reported four or five times a night. I don't hack... I am just better than most. <- That equals hacker I guess.

Chances are if you are seeing hacks on a nightly basis, it's not hacking, you are just terrible.

I own both DLC packs and never have a problem finding a game... ever. I play in the Domination Playlist or the Content 2 playlist. ~2 hackers every 80 hours of play. Get over yourselves and realize you aren't as good as you think you are, and that you are simply getting owned by better players.
auptyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #20
GK147

Quote:
Originally Posted by auptyk View Post
If you are claiming to see hacks more than... 2 times a week, then you simply just suck. And that 2 times a week is being WAY OVER GENEROUS. I play ~20 hours a week so around 80 hours a month, and in 80 hours of play a month I maybe come across 2 hackers. ... maybe.

However, if I compare the amount of hackusations I and my friends get on a nightly basis... wow. I would say on an average night I am called a hacker and or told I will be reported four or five times a night. I don't hack... I am just better than most. <- That equals hacker I guess.

Chances are if you are seeing hacks on a nightly basis, it's not hacking, you are just terrible.

I own both DLC packs and never have a problem finding a game... ever. I play in the Domination Playlist or the Content 2 playlist. ~2 hackers every 80 hours of play. Get over yourselves and realize you aren't as good as you think you are, and that you are simply getting owned by better players.
Right, if I see hackers snapping around and shooting the other team through walls or teleporting everyone to a point in front of his gun it's because I suck at the game.
GK147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #21
der_pwner

Quote:

It's the same engine. Most developers may need to change a few offsets and they're done. The same bug on MW3 might aswell be on BO2, meaning you can execute stuff from memory where VAC doesn't scan.

Hacks for MW3 were out the day it was released. I bet you'll find Youtube videos uploaded that day.

Enforcing a hack free game depends on server admins. If you are lucky enough the admin will kick hackers. If not you'll have the same .
Problem is also, while people might think that admins are good and dedicated servers are the best what ever happened it depends on admins. And they are not online 24/7.
Black Ops 1 isn't even as popular as MW2.
der_pwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #22
CrazyMoeFoe

Quote:
Which had absolutely nothing to do with dedicated servers or admins.

The only reason is because the gameplay (and performance) in MW2 is FAR superior to BO.

If MW2 had proper dedicated servers, BO would likely have 1/2 the population it does now, and MW2 would have at the very least 2-3 times as many players daily.
CrazyMoeFoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #23
der_pwner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMoeFoe View Post
Which had absolutely nothing to do with dedicated servers or admins.
Correct, just wanted to point out that people are not playing a game just because it got dedicated servers while the previous game had not.

Quote:
The only reason is because the gameplay (and performance) in MW2 is FAR superior to BO.
Also correct. Black Ops 1 never performaned as good as MW2, no matter who low I set the graphics it never got me 90 FPS constantly.
MW2: Never a problem. MW3: Installed and worked flawless with 90 FPS.

Quote:
If MW2 had proper dedicated servers, BO would likely have 1/2 the population it does now, and MW2 would have at the very least 2-3 times as many players daily.
I think many people left IWnet and are now playing on 4d1.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #24
Jareef

Sorry, the idea the there are going to be no (or at least fewer) cheaters in another Call Of Duty game isnt enough to make me want to buy it. With a track record this bad the history cant be ignored. The makers can make all the promises that they want, Im not buying it (the games or their lies). The talk of dedicated servers is another load of bull. If that is the only gaming option that dosent include many cheaters than why even bother? The creators of these games prey on buyers with the bait of "VAC Enabled" but it seems that they purposely alter the code or fix the situation so the VAC can not work. I'll find another game to support. Hopefully I'll find one that actually appreciates its clients more than and of the Call Of Duty teams.
Jareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:29 PM   #25
kaiohken

You'll get hackers in every FPS. Dedicated servers won't stop them.
Sure, the full on aimbotters will be kicked, but the morons using wall hacks and trying to hide it won't. Most of the time you won't even know they're doing it. And ALOT of people do it, trust me.
kaiohken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:48 AM   #26
T0XX

there will never be a 100% free cheat pc game...

i go buy a ps3 or xbox.
T0XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:51 AM   #27
der_pwner

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0XX View Post
there will never be a 100% free cheat pc game...

i go buy a ps3 or xbox.
neither are x360 or ps3 100% cheat free.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:15 AM   #28
Dante*

Banned
Quote:
It's the same engine. Most developers may need to change a few offsets and they're done. The same bug on MW3 might aswell be on BO2, meaning you can execute stuff from memory where VAC doesn't scan.

Hacks for MW3 were out the day it was released. I bet you'll find Youtube videos uploaded that day.

Enforcing a hack free game depends on server admins. If you are lucky enough the admin will kick hackers. If not you'll have the same .
Problem is also, while people might think that admins are good and dedicated servers are the best what ever happened it depends on admins. And they are not online 24/7.
They are not exactly the same engine - MW2/MW3 does not totally separate the client from the server in the way that Black Ops does. MW2/MW3 allows easy access to things like rank, prestige, weapon or attachment via a simple memory offset edit; Black Ops does not. We did not see the same level of rank/prestige hacking/weapon + attachment unlocking in Black Ops as we did in MW2 and MW3. The Cheat Engine memory offsets which allow very easy hack creation for MW2 or MW3 do not work for Black Ops, and that's because of the differences in engine infrastructure.

There were day 1 hacks for MW3 which came from MW2. The same engine exploits which plagued MW2 were not removed in MW3. You have not proved your case because you wrongly assume that the engines are identical. With a game engine, if you change the tools which are used to create a game, you thereby change the engine; tools are part of a game engine. Black Ops uses a different set of compiling tools than either MW2 or MW3.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:25 AM   #29
der_pwner

Quote:
They are not exactly the same engine - MW2/MW3 does not totally separate the client from the server in the way that Black Ops does. MW2/MW3 allows easy access to things like rank, prestige, weapon or attachment via a simple memory offset edit; Black Ops does not. We did not see the same level of rank/prestige hacking/weapon + attachment unlocking in Black Ops as we did in MW2 and MW3. The Cheat Engine memory offsets which allow very easy hack creation for MW2 or MW3 do not work for Black Ops, and that's because of the differences in engine infrastructure.
I never said that they are the exact same engine. But close enough.
Yeah, Black Ops got stats completely outside the client, but what for? Nobody is gonna care if you are Prestige 1 or 10.

Quote:
There were day 1 hacks for MW3 which came from MW2. The same engine exploits which plagued MW2 were not removed in MW3. You have not proved your case because you wrongly assume that the engines are identical. With a game engine, if you change the tools which are used to create a game, you thereby change the engine; tools are part of a game engine. Black Ops uses a different set of compiling tools than either MW2 or MW3.
I don't think they are identical. There were day 1 hacks for Black Ops too, so what? All three of them are easily hackable.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:22 AM   #30
Dante*

Banned
Quote:
I never said that they are the exact same engine. But close enough.
Yeah, Black Ops got stats completely outside the client, but what for? Nobody is gonna care if you are Prestige 1 or 10.

I don't think they are identical. There were day 1 hacks for Black Ops too, so what? All three of them are easily hackable.
The principles of memory offset editing used to create ranks hacks in MW2 and MW3 are the same principles that are used to make many of the hacks we see today in MW3. So, it isn't the case that no one cares about rank or prestige hacks; it's the case that because the server is the client in MW2 and MW3, memory offset editing is so very easy in them, and therein lies the problem.

And yes: there were day 1 hacks in Black Ops. But they were quickly dealt with by Treyarch, and the hackers could not use the same principles again afterwards because Black Ops hides the server executable away from prying eyes. The changes Treyarch made to the hidden executable were enough to eliminate the hack principle, and as the hackers no longer had access to that executable, it became impossible for them to tell what changes were made to it.

This is fundamental in combating cheats: hacks mostly use the multiplayer executable as a means to hook into the game. When that executable is hidden away, it becomes very difficult for the hackers to use it to create hooks into the game. All they are left with is the client executable. And as this wont hook into a server's behaviour, it becomes difficult to create hooks that have any meaningful effect on a multiplayer game. Hence, why Black Ops was relatively hack free.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare 3