Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box

Old 08-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #31
Kirix21

Microsoft charges too much money to developers for a title update. That's why L4D DLC on Xbox 360 costs the minimum amount of money to put it on the market.
Kirix21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #32
Mincegamer

- You started this thread in the PC section
- You bashed the Xbox version
- You brought out the PC bigots
- The thread was moved to the console section, now it will sit here forever as a reminder of the inequality of the gaming world

Thanks for nothing.
Mincegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #33
XxArmandxX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mincegamer View Post
- You started this thread in the PC section
- You bashed the Xbox version
- You brought out the PC bigots
- The thread was moved to the console section, now it will sit here forever as a reminder of the inequality of the gaming world

Thanks for nothing.
First off, I never "bashed" the Xbox version, I only pointed out what was wrong with it and that it was horrifying when compared to the PC version. Secondly, I only did that because I felt the Xbox version deserved better especially when compared to the towering golden monolith that is the PC version.

Honestly, if I just didn't like it, I wouldn't have said anything. I only feel that it deserves some attention. Seriously, it's been three years since it got so much as a single patch.

In any event, thanks for the major contribution to the discussion the likes of which brings light to a bleak and sad world where the torch of you wit and intellectual fortitude serves to shepherd us through the darkness.
XxArmandxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #34
Chill Dude

Nothing is stopping valve from releasing a few small changes , bug fixes , leveled dispensers etc. they could easily add a few small things possibly a small map. As for it costing money people seem to forget how much money valve makes from the Mann co store every day. More than enough to pay for a single patch for the Xbox version.

But let's get real people . No matter what speculation on why they didn't update the truth is they are probably never going to update this game. Just give it up and enjoy the classic vanilla tf2 like everyone else. Or leave and go play the pc version. It's up to you.

Last edited by Chill Dude: 08-08-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Chill Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:31 AM   #35
Enigmantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill Dude View Post
But let's get real people. No matter what speculation on why they didn't update the truth is they are probably never going to update this game. Just give it up and enjoy the classic vanilla tf2 like everyone else. Or leave and go play the pc version. It's up to you.
You probably are right, they never will update this game...but maybe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill Dude View Post
Just between the day before yesterday and today after it has been released to download the leader boards have already gone up 3000 people. This is good.
...if enough people download the game Valve will decide to make a few updates and maybe even a new map or two. Nah, I'm just wasting my time wishing this would happen.
Enigmantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:49 AM   #36
Chill Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmantic View Post

...if enough people download the game Valve will decide to make a few updates and maybe even a new map or two. Nah, I'm just wasting my time wishing this would happen.
I also thought this. If they were ever going to update the game now would be the best time because of new revenue from the game being re-released. Still though it is unlikely.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #37
Mincegamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxArmandxX View Post
First off, I never "bashed" the Xbox version, I only pointed out what was wrong with it and that it was horrifying when compared to the PC version. Secondly, I only did that because I felt the Xbox version deserved better especially when compared to the towering golden monolith that is the PC version.

Honestly, if I just didn't like it, I wouldn't have said anything. I only feel that it deserves some attention. Seriously, it's been three years since it got so much as a single patch.

In any event, thanks for the major contribution to the discussion the likes of which brings light to a bleak and sad world where the torch of you wit and intellectual fortitude serves to shepherd us through the darkness.
Saying that it's horrifying can be pretty insulting to the people who are only able to play this version. And it can sound like you are bashing it. The same language has been used in the past by PC players who basically hated the Xbox version and all Xbox players. Source: many threads like yours that started in the PC section but were moved to the Xbox section.

It definitely deserved better. I've been working out over the past year some of the basic things they could have done to support it ("basic", as in bug fixes and adding features fundamental to the class) but of course, none of this will ever happen. It's all hypothetical at this point. The most we can hope for is a TF3 sometime in the next few years. But of course PC players would be opposed to that, so there would be another Valve boycott and it would just lead to drama. Valve's answer is to release a sequel to every other game they have first.

Thanks for trying to make us console players out to be absolute imbeciles though- just because we are tired of the hate, intolerance, and general lack of knowledge on the situation from PC regulars and we get angry about it from time to time means we are complete dimwits. FYI most of this drama comes from PC gamers to Xbox gamers, it's rarely the other way around.
Mincegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #38
DavyinaToga

If Valve had planned on fixing the bad things on console TF2, they should have had it ready to ship when the game went to Games On Demand. Sure, it could be argued that Valve wouldn't feel it necessary unless it sold well enough, but with the amount of B.S. that can happen via exploits/bugs/host options, new players who bought the game on a whim are going to see a broken multiplayer and want no part of it, even if the patch releases later.
DavyinaToga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #39
Chill Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyinaToga View Post
If Valve had planned on fixing the bad things on console TF2, they should have had it ready to ship when the game went to Games On Demand. Sure, it could be argued that Valve wouldn't feel it necessary unless it sold well enough, but with the amount of B.S. that can happen via exploits/bugs/host options, new players who bought the game on a whim are going to see a broken multiplayer and want no part of it, even if the patch releases later.
I'm thinking more along the lines of people buying the game thinking its atleast similar to the pc version then seeing what it actually is and just leaving forever. When I'm playing the pc version and talk about the Xbox version most people didn't even know it had existed .
Old 08-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #40
littledub0918

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyFlavor View Post
Well, first off the current model of tf2 (FTP, Microtransations) wouldn't work on console. That's likely not the reason it hasn't been updated though. It could be it's harder to maintain servers for consoles as there really aren't people running them there. Valve would have to run their own. I've heard it's rather expensive to push patches to console games too, so that could be an issue.

Or, maybe, just maybe, valve would rather update on their own platform.
Uncharted 3 on PS3 does micro transactions amazingly. Consoles can do that fine.
littledub0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #41
Zx2963

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxArmandxX View Post
So, it's never gonna happen, huh?
Maybe, but Valve would need motivation
Zx2963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #42
Randomhero204

Hmm I play csgo on Xbox and it's great. People are communicating and it's been lots of fun.. Sure the game doesn't control like Cod but, it's tons of fun and exactly (almost) what I've always wanted.

I suggest some of you try and change the controls to your liking and change the sensitivity until it matches what you like.

Some technical things that is have noticed is that I have to select static crosshair everytime I start up the game which is a minoer annoyance.

Also they need to remove the aim acceleration or greatly reduce it.
Randomhero204 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box