Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2

Old 08-29-2012, 05:00 AM   #1
RE3-Frankie

I love Half-Life 2

this game was a rebranding of my life and a new beginning that changed the way I see hear and feel things as well as the way I communicate with others. I have this story memorized from the point go and have played many hours day and night going through the levels never ever getting pulled back board or tired in any way. There are so many ways to play this game it's like it never ends. It has the best story and characters any game has ever had. I love Gordon Freeman and all the antics you get up to inside. I always browse the game reviews that come up from time to time just to see what I might discover next. I never get sick of people talking about Half-Life series. I am installing it now to play again as reading people's posts has got me wanting to play it again. Nothing is like the first time you play it and for me it has been nearly 7 years and HL2 was the first steam game I ever bought back in 2005. I still remember buying it in the store and seeing Alyx's glowing charming smile look back at me and I knew it was going to rock. Thankyou
Old 08-29-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
Alexander Bell

Good for you, I guess.

I thought Alyx's smile was strange - teeth aren't supposed to be that white, and I highly doubt she had time to brush her teeth during the revolution...
Alexander Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
Sinnah

You're kind of a weird bird, AB. I'm usually a stickler for detail myself but I never found myself criticizing a game because of the whiteness of an NPC's teeth.

Besides, everyone knows that the Combine have a great mandatory universal dental program.
Sinnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
CoBB1e

I`m too
CoBB1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #5
Ali Duderino

Half-Life is a pretty awesome game. My childhood would have sucked without it. Oh, the nostalgia!
Ali Duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #6
RE3-Frankie

your childhood. Lucky yoo. when I was young the games I played were on the sega master system included alex the kid in miracle world which I played with my Dad and right at the end when you have to decode the buttons to complete my mom accidently pulled out the plug for the console with her foot, but I played it over and over after that. My fav levels from that game were the ones where you could cruise through each level in a vehicle or get awesome powerups. after that game I got stuck into commander keen and the original Duke Nukem games. Since then I have only really enjoyed benchmarking as my youth took everything else Lol
RE3-Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #7
The Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE3-Frankie View Post
this game was a rebranding of my life and a new beginning that changed the way I see hear and feel things as well as the way I communicate with others. I have this story memorized from the point go and have played many hours day and night going through the levels never ever getting pulled back board or tired in any way. There are so many ways to play this game it's like it never ends. It has the best story and characters any game has ever had. I love Gordon Freeman and all the antics you get up to inside. I always browse the game reviews that come up from time to time just to see what I might discover next. I never get sick of people talking about Half-Life series. I am installing it now to play again as reading people's posts has got me wanting to play it again. Nothing is like the first time you play it and for me it has been nearly 7 years and HL2 was the first steam game I ever bought back in 2005. I still remember buying it in the store and seeing Alyx's glowing charming smile look back at me and I knew it was going to rock. Thankyou
I couldn't agree with you more. I too have played HL2 to death and am always amazed at what you can discover. People say the game is linear and I guess it is but there's always a different way to play it. I personally like to find the short cuts. Not to necessarily to bypass parts of the game but to skip ahead and then play backwards.

I had a good example of finding something new just last night. A couple of years ago, we had a discussion here on how to pick up the 2 grenades near the end of Water Hazard where you have to fight the helicopter. The grenades are found setting on a log that's also setting up high on some rocks. Even though I was able to stack enough boxes high enough that I could climb up to get them, it wasn't the way valve intended.

Then last night during a play through I discovered how valve really intended you to get the grenades. Once I discovered the solution I couldn't believe I had missed this all these years especially since I had spent time looking for a way to get them.
(imo this was pure genius the way they hid it right out in the open.)

I have made a video of it and hope to have it on my youtube channel in a few days.
The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2