Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sleeping Dogs

Old 09-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
Callius

Sleeping dogs doesn't start have tried reinstalling

Hey guys I'm getting an annoying problem with sleeping dogs since I formatted my computer it will install then when I try to run it from steam it doesn't load anything my steam status changes to "ingame - sleeping dogs" then back to "online" again loading the steam popups that come after quitting a game.

I've tried reinstalled several times and that doesn't seem to change anything, the only other thing I can think is that steam is installed on a separate hard drive as my OS is on an SSD but sleeping dogs worked before like this before I formatted so I don't think that's the problem.

I didn't have any crashes during game play and the game goes seem to crash per say I don't get any "HKShip has stopped responding etc"

Help?
Old 09-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
buckiesmalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callius View Post
Hey guys I'm getting an annoying problem with sleeping dogs since I formatted my computer it will install then when I try to run it from steam it doesn't load anything my steam status changes to "ingame - sleeping dogs" then back to "online" again loading the steam popups that come after quitting a game.

I've tried reinstalled several times and that doesn't seem to change anything, the only other thing I can think is that steam is installed on a separate hard drive as my OS is on an SSD but sleeping dogs worked before like this before I formatted so I don't think that's the problem.

I didn't have any crashes during game play and the game goes seem to crash per say I don't get any "HKShip has stopped responding etc"

Help?
Have you tried installing/reinstalling the redistibutables. Dx and Microsoft visual C++?
buckiesmalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
xxhemixx

Reinstall DX11
xxhemixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
shof

how about setting the hkship.exe file to windows 98 compatibility mode? that make the game work for me
shof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
icecoldbabe

have u updated yr NVidia to newest? I had this problem previously and I installed the newest driver update in the official site (beta), then it woeks for me
icecoldbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
zifnab369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callius View Post

Help?
I have seen some other forums and links saying this could be a "DLL" or like a "DLL3" issue but I dont even know what that is. Or how to solve the problem. I am having the exact same issue. OS is on an SSD with steam and all my games (Skyrim,Dues Ex, GTA, Fable, etc) on my 1T HDD for some reason part of Sleeping Dogs tries to install on my SSD and part is on my HDD. I do not know I this is the source of my problem but either way it is annoying. I want nothing but windows on my SSD yet steam gives me little to no option. Any way any help would make me <3 U!
zifnab369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #7
fleischer444

I have windows on an SSD and my steam games on an 3tb disc. Could this be the problem?
fleischer444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #8
jhatfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleischer444 View Post
I have windows on an SSD and my steam games on an 3tb disc. Could this be the problem?
Doubt it, that is similar to how my gaming PC is set up and it works flawlessly. 128GB M4 boot disk, Samsung F3 1TB storage drive (where games are located) with 60GB SSD cache. However on my HTPC, takes 10-15 minutes for the game to successfully launch. Just sits on the initial launch page forever before finally starting the game. Updated and reinstalled everything I can think of and the problem still persists. Both computers have similar hardware running the same Z68 chipsets, AMD 7xxx series cards, Windows 7 64bit, etc.
jhatfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #9
fleischer444

I disabled "desktop composition" from the compabilyty tab and now everything works great
fleischer444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:57 AM   #10
mgcdeanuk

Thumbs down Sleeping Dogs

I have uninstalled this poor game, due to me not once being able to start the game. At first I could not get past the logo screen(The one with all the sponsors) so I disabled Steam Overlay,I then managed to get to the game loading screen, so I waited & waited & waited, until another forced reboot (The 5th on this game alone)was required just so I could get into a different game.

Sorry Square Enix, stick to Final Fantasy, leave sandbox alone as you are unable to make them run properly, that's another £30.00 down the drain. My graphics & processor can run more demanding games than this with no issues at all.
mgcdeanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:06 AM   #11
iNCQRiT

I had the same problem (using windows 8), and fixed it by running the directX 9.0c web installer:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=35
iNCQRiT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sleeping Dogs