Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
FISH KILL!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 9
Posts: 111
F4 in MvM

I often see poeople who say that their keyboards (particularly F4 button) are broken and because of it entire team have to wait the forced start in MvM.
They are obviously trolling, but anyway I want to now, how to change the "ready" key.
What console command I use to get ready in MvM?
FISH KILL! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:33 AM   #2
greenman42
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 301
Posts: 1,527
I think the ready key can be bound to any key in the keyboard tab of the options dialog. There was an update a while ago that fixed this.
greenman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:39 AM   #3
Espeonage
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Reputation: 70
Posts: 242
It was added about 2-3 weeks ago; you are able to freely reassign it in the options as usual, and there's also the direct console command player_ready_toggle.
Espeonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:39 AM   #4
FISH KILL!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 9
Posts: 111
I didn't noticed that was fixed. Thanks.
FISH KILL! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:45 AM   #5
Bew
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 236
Posts: 350
Many laptop-users aren't aware that they have to press a combination of keys, like fn+f4, because f4 is bound to other uses.
Bew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:47 AM   #6
Doktor Elcaro
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Reputation: 19
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bew View Post
Many laptop-users aren't aware that they have to press a combination of keys, like fn+f4, because f4 is bound to other uses.
Well, they shouldn't be gaming on laptops if they don't know how they work then.

Last edited by Doktor Elcaro: 09-08-2012 at 05:50 AM.
Doktor Elcaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:48 AM   #7
Nomore1337
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 648
Posts: 2,012
i think you can change it at the console
Nomore1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:49 AM   #8
The Medic
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 3493
Posts: 12,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bew View Post
Many laptop-users aren't aware that they have to press a combination of keys, like fn+f4, because f4 is bound to other uses.
The sad thing is, I worked that out the first day I used a laptop.
The Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:52 AM   #9
Shunfglol3
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 73
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bew View Post
Many laptop-users aren't aware that they have to press a combination of keys, like fn+f4, because f4 is bound to other uses.
You're wrong, I'm on a laptop and only F4 is needed, no Fn.
Shunfglol3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:56 AM   #10
Dr.FrankenStein
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 572
Posts: 2,305
Quote:
MY F4 IS BROKEN AND MY CAPS IS TOO SRY GUIZE SRY.

DOES NE1 HAVE JARATE I CAN HAVE?
Typical MvM trolling.
Dr.FrankenStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:05 AM   #11
Tytonidae
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 29
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunfglol3 View Post
You're wrong, I'm on a laptop and only F4 is needed, no Fn.
It depends on your laptop. Some laptops have the function keys assigned to things like volume or brightness, so you have to press function to use the actual function key. The function key is also used like this for entering alt codes; many laptops have numbers around the uhjk area and, with a combination of function, you use them to enter alt codes.
Tytonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:24 AM   #12
900x900_Texture
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Reputation: 207
Posts: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH KILL! View Post
I often see poeople who say that their keyboards (particularly F4 button) are broken and because of it entire team have to wait the forced start in MvM.
They are obviously trolling, but anyway I want to now, how to change the "ready" key.
What console command I use to get ready in MvM?
This may be harsh but..

If they don't ready up, votekick them.

Most of the time if you say "mmkay lets votekick this guy" 3 seconds later they ready up
900x900_Texture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #13
Silkie
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Reputation: 150
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by 900x900_Texture View Post
This may be harsh but..

If they don't ready up, votekick them.

Most of the time if you say "mmkay lets votekick this guy" 3 seconds later they ready up
Pretty much this.

Also try and stick to playing with parties on your friends list as the MvM mode is so much better. Even when the item server craps out again.
Silkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #14
lord_beklanaze
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Reputation: 146
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunfglol3 View Post
You're wrong, I'm on a laptop and only F4 is needed, no Fn.
He said many laptop users, not all.
lord_beklanaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.