Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 09-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
musser

ESL Wire - questions

Does anyone on here regularly use ESL wire for the versus on CS:GO?
I have some questions to direct at someone who uses it without issues. Myself and my clan are fed up of wasting hours on end each night trying to use it and basically having ESL wire crash or csgo crash for 2-3 people constantly.
Wasted 3 hours this evening and didnt get a single match played with all 5 of us on, massive waste of time.

So, does anyone regularly use it who I can ask some questions of?
Old 09-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #2
Corrupt^

Think it's a VS ESLWire issue. I've had people complaining about crashes and problems in other games too.

I even had a bug with ESLWire and the VS system where I couldn't do ANYTHING on the PC, it was still running perfectly, I could hear people on teamspeak and such but my input devices just stopped working, I couldn't even use CTRL ALT DEL.

So I doubt it's CS GO's fault in this case.

I've used ESL Wire alot without issues for officials but with the Versus system it seems quite buggy.
Corrupt^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
musser

whats different about using it in an official to using it in versus?
do you just need it running for an official and not actually launch the game through it like you do in a versus?
musser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
harmde

Quote:
Originally Posted by musser View Post
Does anyone on here regularly use ESL wire for the versus on CS:GO?
I have some questions to direct at someone who uses it without issues. Myself and my clan are fed up of wasting hours on end each night trying to use it and basically having ESL wire crash or csgo crash for 2-3 people constantly.
Wasted 3 hours this evening and didnt get a single match played with all 5 of us on, massive waste of time.

So, does anyone regularly use it who I can ask some questions of?
hi, played against you today well, yes, ESL Wire is such a mess, but during our game only your team had that constant crashes and so on... nobody from our mix had that. I played 3 or 4 Versus games today, and only your team had that problem. On other games nobody crashed from both sides. So I just assume you should think that the problem is on your side. Maybe ask ESL admins or google for a solution.
harmde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
ChocOrange

Game crashes randomly for many players even without an anti-cheat running.
Last update caused the issues for most.
ChocOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:29 AM   #6
musser

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmde View Post
hi, played against you today well, yes, ESL Wire is such a mess, but during our game only your team had that constant crashes and so on... nobody from our mix had that. I played 3 or 4 Versus games today, and only your team had that problem. On other games nobody crashed from both sides. So I just assume you should think that the problem is on your side. Maybe ask ESL admins or google for a solution.
It did seem to be just us in all the games we played that night.
Duno why though, not like theres anything common between us, we each live at different ends of the country and CSGO works fine normally for all of us.
We played on the same server straight after our game with you and everyone closed ESL wire and we were all playing fine.

Maybe ESL wire doesnt like signing up with 5 people in a party ?
Old 09-14-2012, 05:31 AM   #7
musser

I had some other questions apart from "why is ESL wire so bad" however.

Do you really have to open and close CS every time so that it "uploads" the game info to the server? Or is there a way to just stay on CS/the server you are going to be on and get it to do the same thing?
Don't want to try it any other ways than the way I have it working at the moment as I don't want "no anti cheat" on all my games.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:25 AM   #8
TutsiRebel

use ESEA instead... it's in Europe now
TutsiRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #9
musser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TutsiRebel View Post
use ESEA instead... it's in Europe now
I will be
Old 09-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #10
perestain

If its your server you might want to disable spectator gui (sv_competitive_official_5v5 0), which is believed to cause some of the crashes.

THe only other advice I have is that logging off from windows and relogging in has so far always made ESL Wire work again, and its faster than restarting the whole system.

Hopefully this will get fixed soon, I rarely play a VS in which noone has a timeout...
perestain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #11
tykeee

set multicore rendering off...
i have no problems with wire
tykeee is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive