Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead

Old 01-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
hayezy

Cant join online servers

Just got OA today after playing Arma 2 for about a year now, basically when i launch oa or co it wont let me connect to any servers like warfare etc i choose my slot and it loads and just as im about to spawn it chucks me back to the server list without explanation. My arma 2 is on disc and not steam related but my oa is on steam maybe this is the problem although ive just connected to a friends custom scenerio online game on combined ops with no problems. combined ops and oa work fine on singleplayer aswell so i have no clue whats going on!

Old 01-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
vohk

BattlEye didn't install properly maybe? If single play works fine, but it boots you out of MP *after* loading, my first guess is it failed to initialize. Try right click on ArmA2:OA and then click 'Reinstall BattlEye Anti-Cheat'. (Make sure to run Steam with administrator privileges, just in case)
vohk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #3
hayezy

Thanks for the reply, neither worked although when i click reinstall battle eye it didnt do anything at all tried it a few times to no avail.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #4
7th_Serf

are you playing Combined Operations mode? You have to start your Arma 2 in Steam at least once to have it work. A lot of what look like Operation Arrowhead servers are in fact, Combined Ops servers. So add Arma 2 to the steam library, launch it and then launch Operation Arrowhead in Combined Ops. Then try some gaming.
7th_Serf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #5
vohk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th_Serf View Post
are you playing Combined Operations mode? You have to start your Arma 2 in Steam at least once to have it work. A lot of what look like Operation Arrowhead servers are in fact, Combined Ops servers. So add Arma 2 to the steam library, launch it and then launch Operation Arrowhead in Combined Ops. Then try some gaming.
Trying to join a server running CO (or any add-on really) while running vanilla OA should boot you out before the lobby though, shouldn't it?
vohk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:50 PM   #6
7th_Serf

Not sure Vohk.
7th_Serf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:26 AM   #7
hayezy

After starting steam u today when i got in it seems to be working fine i can join any server ive tried so far, im pretty sure it was the battle eye thing so thanks for the replies guys appreciated.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #8
captainkent

bump for same problem. I've tried re-installing BattlEye multiple times, still hasn't solved the problem.
captainkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #9
Jedra

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkent View Post
bump for same problem. I've tried re-installing BattlEye multiple times, still hasn't solved the problem.
If you locate your rpt file...

c:\users\[Windows Username]\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\arma2oa.rpt

Opem it with a text editor and have a look at the end, it should give you an indication as to why you were booted. From there we might be able to help further.

Nb. You will need to enable hidden files and folders in explorer view options to see AppData.
Jedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #10
DarkWiiPlayer

I know this is a bit late, but I was having the same problem. I also read this thread, and tried reinstalling BattleEye, and also it didn't work. What I had to do was to go into the program files/steam/steamapps/common/arma2/battleeye directory, and manually uninstall BattleEye.
Then I reinstalled it from the BEsetup folder and now everything works just fine. At least until the next bug appears xD
DarkWiiPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead