Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas

Old 06-23-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
kira_fung

Ability to add/remove free to play game to the library

There should be a way to add those free to play games to the library so that we don't need to search for the game every single time when we want to install it.

And able to remove them when we don't want to play anymore.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:48 PM   #2
Picchia

That would be useful yeah.

I noticed some other problems with their placement in the store library as well:
- I noticed new free games aren't being added in the store under the 'genre' -> 'free to play' button.
- When you use search store -> advanced search, then you cannot search for them on price either.
It would be nice if we would be able to find those games, when adding them to our library.
Picchia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:22 AM   #3
Vadius

Thumbs up!
Best suggestion I've read so far. I think they should add it every single time that I decide to delete a free game such as trackmania or alien swarm.
Vadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:07 AM   #4
mot393

Valve should fix free games on steam, the new "free to play" ones are easy enough to find, but where's Alien Swarm and America's Army etc? all the games that have been free for ages are hidden from the store page, yes you can search if you know the name but you have to go through the forum to find the free game list. I have a couple of computers and occasionally I wipe them for a fresh start or I uninstall some games so it's a hassle.

YES let us add free games to our account for easy finding, but we should also be able to remove or hide them.
mot393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:16 AM   #5
Teh_Guy

next thing you know, people will want voice commands. Grunt at a certain pitch/volume to indicate the game you want and bam! there it is.

people need to stop being lazy, it doesn't take long to type "Team fortress 2"
Teh_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:03 AM   #6
Espionage724

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Guy View Post
next thing you know, people will want voice commands. Grunt at a certain pitch/volume to indicate the game you want and bam! there it is.

people need to stop being lazy, it doesn't take long to type "Team fortress 2"
Nice attempt at trolling but I'll give you the pleasure of my response I suppose.

First of, it's not called lazy, its called convenience. What would you rather do, try to start programs on your computer via Command Prompt, and by programs, I mean every program that starts up with your computer, or would you rather have the programs start up with your OS automatically, and have a GUI with a mouse and keyboard to start programs?

But what am I thinking, maybe everyone who doesn't run a server or do IT work is lazy according to you (assuming that everyone who runs a server or IT work does it via command prompt, and anyone who doesn't run a sever probably uses a mouse/keyboard for daily tasks)
Espionage724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #7
BattleAxe_604

Well I think you should be able to delete any game you want out of your Library especially since we have Steam Guard now, and while I know some troll will come in here and say that Steam guard isn't 100%, I'm also sure that you will have no statistics to back that up.

Adding Free to Play games to your Steam Library is a no-brainer, surely they can have some kind of shortcut in a separate free to play dropdown list in your library or something.
BattleAxe_604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:43 AM   #8
CrazyIvanTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleAxe_604 View Post
Adding Free to Play games to your Steam Library is a no-brainer, surely they can have some kind of shortcut in a separate free to play dropdown list in your library or something.
I agree with this. They should just put a free to play option on the dropdown of game screen.
Something along these lines.
http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/3...tmapimagew.jpg
Old 09-16-2012, 03:15 AM   #9
gr3y_

No news on a similar feature yet?
gr3y_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:50 PM   #10
helinkin

Great stuff!!
Pin a free game on libary. I agree with this.
helinkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:47 AM   #11
Xstioph

This absolutely needs to happen! A library overhaul is desperately needed (what with only being able to move one game at a time between categories) anyway, so throw this function/feature in there at the same time.
Xstioph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:38 AM   #12
Reallifeh8er

Necropost?

This feature is running already!
Reallifeh8er is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas