Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
xyzevan1
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 6
Posts: 19
cs:go keeps crashing

ill be playing cs:go for like 2 or 3 rounds and then ill freeze and cs:go will crash. Ive had cs:go ever since it came out and this JUST started to happen today.


additional info: i reinstalled cs:go and it hasnt helped, i also turned graphics down, and stuff like that none of it helped.

this is not my graphic card because i can run games like payday, l4d2 and such perfectly fine.


any suggestions?
xyzevan1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
wuped
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Reputation: 158
Posts: 2,350
>this is not my graphic card because i can run games like payday, l4d2 and such perfectly fine.



That's a rather funny conclusion you reached there, first thing I would suggest you try is updating graphics drivers.
wuped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
effenberg
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Reputation: 48
Posts: 646
I never had any problems until I overclocked my CPU and RAM today. Now it takes 5min until the game crash, and everytime I tried to play after that the game crashes when I finished joining the server.

Got any problems in any other application.

If I undo the overclock the game runs just fine.
effenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:09 AM   #4
wuped
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Reputation: 158
Posts: 2,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by effenberg View Post
I never had any problems until I overclocked my CPU and RAM today. Now it takes 5min until the game crash, and everytime I tried to play after that the game crashes when I finished joining the server.

Got any problems in any other application.

If I undo the overclock the game runs just fine.
Sounds like overheating issue.
wuped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:38 AM   #5
BullDoser
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 14
Posts: 331
I have not played Cs:go for 2 weeks but i started again yesterday and my game kept crashing too. It crashed 30 seconds ago, that's why i'm here... My pc is running at stock clocks. But i use an option in bios that lowers cpu speed when it doesn't need it. Maybe here is the answer, idk. But it did not crash before, so I won't bother testing it.
BullDoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:18 AM   #6
xyzevan1
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 6
Posts: 19
any there any SOLUTIONS, and when i say crashed it doesnt mean my computer shuts off, it just means cs:go ends and im at my desktop screen
xyzevan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:29 AM   #7
wuped
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Reputation: 158
Posts: 2,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzevan1 View Post
any there any SOLUTIONS, and when i say crashed it doesnt mean my computer shuts off, it just means cs:go ends and im at my desktop screen
Did you try installing newest graphic drivers?
wuped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:30 AM   #8
xyzevan1
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 6
Posts: 19
how do i do that?
xyzevan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:31 AM   #9
wuped
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Reputation: 158
Posts: 2,350
There's this thing called google that's usually pretty good at answering questions like "how do I update my graphics card drivers?".
wuped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:14 AM   #10
murerg
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 71
Posts: 565
Same happens to me. Game keeps crashing every hour or so.

Can play any other game without any issue for ages... only happens in CS GO. :/

Low or High display settings doesnt change anything.

Any suggestions?
murerg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #11
wuped
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Reputation: 158
Posts: 2,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by murerg View Post
Any suggestions?
Maybe the exact same suggestion I've given the other guy twice? Updating graphics drivers is cool.
wuped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #12
xyzevan1
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 6
Posts: 19
hey wuped, just cause your some teenage kid without a girlfriend giving advice on a forum doesnt mean you have to be a total D*** to everyone.

Here ill give you a suggestions computer geek, go outside and see the bloody sun.
xyzevan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #13
wuped
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Reputation: 158
Posts: 2,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzevan1 View Post
hey wuped, just cause your some teenage kid without a girlfriend giving advice on a forum doesnt mean you have to be a total D*** to everyone.

Here ill give you a suggestions computer geek, go outside and see the bloody sun.
Here's a suggestion, maybe be a little more grateful to people who are genuinely trying to help you. It won't affect you much on internet forums but in this mystical realm of sunlight and grass you speak of there might be consequences. I got a little snippy but it's annoying when you have to explain the same thing 3 times because of bad reading comprehension.
wuped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #14
Jorw
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Reputation: 0
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuped View Post
Here's a suggestion, maybe be a little more grateful to people who are genuinely trying to help you. It won't affect you much on internet forums but in this mystical realm of sunlight and grass you speak of there might be consequences. I got a little snippy but it's annoying when you have to explain the same thing 3 times because of bad reading comprehension.
You're the one in the wrong, Wuped. You're being very rude for no reason.
Jorw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #15
Strafio
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 3
I've got the latest driver and it's still happening.
Suspect the problem is something else.

Any further suggestions?
Strafio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.