Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Just Cause series

Old 09-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
SooperPsycho

Angry Fatal DirectX Error! Code 3

So I have recently upgraded to windows 8, and I'm loving it. It can run all my games and everything at a faster speed then windows 7 did, except for just cause 2. Whenever I open it, I get this error:

Fatal DirectX error!
Code:3
Result: 0x887A0002: DXGI_ERROR_NOT_FOUND

The game will now exit. Try starting the game with /failsafe if the problem persists.

Now the game was working on windows 7 before, and yes, I'm almost positive all my graphics cards and Direct X drivers are up to date.
I have read forums where people have been saying that just cause 2 works flawlessly on windows 8, and I cant even get it to run.
Anyone know whats going on?
Old 09-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
Maverick

Try starting it with /failsafe as it said.

Also, Windows 8 is just preview, I really hope you installed it virtually/dualboot. It doesn't work correctly yet, and probably won't work with all hardware.

Just use Windows 7.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #3
ha1o2surfer

I am having the same issue. I got it to work once but subsequent runs have thrown this error. No matter what updates I do or direct x fixes I try. Every other game runs perfectly fine!
ha1o2surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #4
galactic11

I'm having the same problem. I downloaded the demo after playing it on my friend's PS3, but I'm getting the same error as you except it says Code 15 and E_INVALIDARG instead of DXGI_ERROR_NOT_FOUND. How do I start it with /failsafe? I went to the Properties and Set Launch Options and typed /failsafe but it still didn't work. I'm on Windows 7, by the way.
galactic11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #5
ha1o2surfer

Right click on the game title and click the properties option. Then under the General Tab, at the bottom, click Set Launch Options. Then type /failsafe.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #6
thejakenixon

Same issue

Hey there, I've had the same issue ever since I got my current laptop. I have a Dell XPS L701x with an Nvidia GeForce 435m. I'm running the final build of Windows 8 as well right now, yet I have also had this problem on multiple different installations of Windows 7. I am 100% confident that all of my drivers are up to date and that all dependencies have been fulfilled, yet the problem persists. I have looked into this issue on more than one occasion over the past year and have not yet found a solution to rectify this error. I'm surprised to see such a new post! Hope we find a fix soon, this game looks awesome.

Edit: adding /failsafe to the launch options through Steam did nothing.
thejakenixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
ha1o2surfer

ok, after a lot of searching and almost giving up... The newest beta driver has solved my issues!!!

http://www.nvidia.com/object/noteboo...ta-driver.html

be sure to do a clean install of the driver. SOOO HAPPY!! Just Cause 2 works perfectly!!

FYI, I Run Windows 8 x64 on my W110ER, 3630QM and the GT650m in Optimus.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:44 AM   #8
cat2tiger1

try this it worked for me:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/94349...use-2/65018447
cat2tiger1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Just Cause series