Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Off Topic

Old 10-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #31
tibetanpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan0078 View Post
Do you have a link? Not saying I don't believe you. But I know which developer was the one doing all this stuff, and he doesn't appear to even have a forum account, and all the stickies made by him have been reposted by other devs/moderators now.

*EDIT* Nvm, I found his user profile, his stuff is still there. Do you really have any solid proof that it was this specific dev, and not someone else? The guy I know who is the culprit behind the incident in question is generally an all round decent guy, and I doubt he would post on the dayz boards, I could see some of the other devs doing it though.

And not to go all titfortat(it's not right regardless of who stuck first though), but DayZ forum members have been attacking the WarZ forums since the game went into playable alpha, some even went as far as setting up spam accounts to just keep posting walls of text that included pretty harsh insults towards the developers.
His name on the DayZ mod forums is "RussianKaliber" and he was labelled as a WarZ dev after being caught out repeatedly promoting WarZ on the DayZ forums and claiming he didn't work for them...

You can search his user name on there and read his posts. The DayZ forum admins don't really censor people, so you can see all his posts.

He gets called out every time and eventually he realised that no one was buying his crap and he stopped posting.

You can read his (and Sergey's) posts in the "WarZ discussion thread"...

Be warned though, it is nearly 200 pages long. They posted a lot in there though, and ultimately made complete idiots out of themselves.

Rocket also posted there repeatedly, but mostly he was just appealing to people to stop being to each other and have a reasonable discussion.

There is a big difference between the devs trolling a competitors forum, and a handful of their most assholish fans.

Last edited by tibetanpunk: 10-28-2012 at 06:44 PM.
tibetanpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #32
radluke

Don't listen to all the people arguing . After playing both WarZ and DayZ I can say that I honestly can't make up my mind. Both of them have bugs because they are both in alpha (although WarZ devs are patching faster than I can report the bugs ). If I were you get the WarZ now and then get DayZ when it goes standalone.
radluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #33
spartan0078

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibetanpunk View Post
His name on the DayZ mod forums is "RussianKaliber" and he was labelled as a WarZ dev after being caught out repeatedly promoting WarZ on the DayZ forums and claiming he didn't work for them...

You can search his user name on there and read his posts. The DayZ forum admins don't really censor people, so you can see all his posts.

He gets called out every time and eventually he realised that no one was buying his crap and he stopped posting.

You can read his (and Sergey's) posts in the "WarZ discussion thread"...

Be warned though, it is nearly 200 pages long. They posted a lot in there though, and ultimately made complete idiots out of themselves.

Rocket also posted there repeatedly, but mostly he was just appealing to people to stop being to each other and have a reasonable discussion.

There is a big difference between the devs trolling a competitors forum, and a handful of their most assholish fans.
That is a pretty dickish move I won't deny that lol. I don't understand what Kalibre thought he could gain by posting on the forums of a competitor game (don't bring up the stealing again...) other than fans or that game telling him off. And advertising there, that's pretty stupid to lol. They are incredibly outspoken and prone to getting into fights, that is why they need a PR team to handle this stuff and they can just work on the damn game. I still love the game and won't stop playing, but I will admit I lost a little respect for them doing this.
spartan0078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:54 PM   #34
rasitha_raw

Ive played neither, but from what Ive read throughout the internet, My opinion is that you should wait till both full games are released.
Dayz has a lot of probs with hackers
Warz just sucks right now(tiny map. too much pvp)
rasitha_raw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:22 AM   #35
Larry1212

DayZ is the better product right now. It's further along in development and has the better experience in general.

WarZ the zombies can kill you one on one and they terrify you if aggroed and don't glitch out. Players in WarZ are s. Every single one of them are s. This is the penultimate reason I hate WarZ right now: Everyone's a PKer no matter what. You can't see if someone has weapons right now so it's a gamble if you see someone rummaging around the map. They could turn around and whip out and gun then proceed to shoot you and kill you.

The devs of WarZ seriously need to be hidden from view because they do not conduct themselves professionally and the way they patch and allow you access to patch notes is just a pain in the . In order to view patch notes you need a forum account to view them. You can't view notes from the launcher just "Patch notes 26.10.2012" is shown on the launcher which just gets spammy.

Honestly, the devs need a kick in the teeth for the way they conduct themselves in public and the publishers need to kick them in the and tell them to shut up and let PR handle the community if they're incapable of acting in a professional manner.

DayZ is better, the map is bigger, the spawns are better and you're not prey the moment you spawn in. You actually have a chance of picking up a weapon in DayZ than you do in WarZ which creates a massive gap in tiers in WarZ. If you have a gun you're a god. Simple as. If you have a hammer you're a demi god. If you have nothing you're lambs to the slaughter. So, 95% of the population are lambs and 5% of it are Gods walking the earth.

I see potential in WarZ but right now it's just not fun at all. You thought PK in DayZ was a terror? Atleast you could bypass hotspots for snipers camping for the hell of it and atleast you had the chance to meet someone friendly. In WarZ you have nowhere to go and are forced into hotspots because the map is so small, atleast right now. Maybe this will change when they finally open up the map a bit more but as is now it's not worth playing until the PK issues are fixed because PKing is an issue here. It's not a random annoyance, it is a serious problem.

I won't say get either or simply because there's a lot of room for improvement in WarZ and priority on that is getting the devs off the forums and having someone who can communicate professionally. In the game the maps needs to be opened up completely and PKing needs to be punished or have some form of punishment implimented or atleast give people a heads up(Such as showing weapons you have on your persons or atleast a rifle shown on you if you have a rifle equiped but not out or have it in your backpack and the same for other weapons). WarZ actually looks better and it's cheaper. The map is smaller, there's a load of bugs and glitches but right now it's in an Alpha state and that is evident.

On the 31st they're going to wipe the servers clean and hopefully open up the map some more. This is a good thing because most people who have weapons glitched and hoarded them(They server hopped to spawn points of weapons, picking up loads of weapons). There was also an issue where drop rates were higher than they should have been but the devs fixed this issue I believe but still, there's a lot of players around with guns. Thankfully since the fix(And wipe of people who essentially cheated and hoarded weapons) snipers are virtually non-existent and you're less likely to see people with AKs running and gunning.

They update it regularly, it runs smooth enough and looks decent. There's bugs both minor and major and some balances that need to be implemented asap but there's definitely potential there. Also, night in WarZ looks beautiful. It kind of has no place in a zombie survival and it's too bright for my liking but it is beautiful once you look up at the stars and clouds at night.

Right now, however, DayZ is the more complete experience and you'll have fun with it if you can forgive it's short comings and bad performance on the ARMA II engine. Night in DayZ is better because it's actually dark and you actually need a source of light to see but it needs tweeking so you can atleast see two feet ahead of you at night as opposed to having a black screen. What WarZ does have going for it is the quick load times. It takes a minute tops to load into a server whereas DayZ it can take up to ten minutes and it's a pain in the to find a server and join, spawn in and everything that goes with it.

Last edited by Larry1212: 10-29-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Larry1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #36
spartan0078

I would agree with you Larry, that DayZ has a more complete experience. But I depends on what you prefer. I still think both games, while in the same vein/genre, are ultimately heading in two different directions. DayZ is HARDCORE in it's simulation, blood loss, breaking bones, passing out from blood loss, etc. etc. While WarZ isn't taking that hardcore of an approach. I know tons of people feel DayZ is very off putting because it's so punishing, while the same reason draws players looking for a challenge. Those player may ultimately seek out WarZ because it practices survival on a smaller scale E.I. As it stands right now, it's just food/water/disease that you have to worry about (maybe they'll add more, but I don't know).

I still play both, and one of my biggest issues right now, is both games kind of make me want to play the other. But I've been spending most of my time with WarZ because, it feels much less buggy to me in it's current state (aside from the zombie AI, which is random per patch).

The zombies desperately need a tweak in DayZ, I'm all for having to desperately run away from the infected in DayZ, but If you don't have a weapon to defend yourself, you may aswell just let them kill you, there is no limit to the aggro range in DayZ, some could argue it's a play mechanic, and it very well could be. But it just feels futile to even try to escape them in the game. The only way you're going to lose them is if they glitch out and the pathfinding just stops hunting you, or if it's a crouching zombie, you hop a fence and they can't follow, so you're essentially safe as long as there is no opening close to the zombie to get at you.

The zombie aggro in WarZ is a lot les sensitive to you, which I complain about also, because it's to easy to skirt around them sometimes, but if you do aggro one, they will follow you a randomly set distance (as far as I can tell anyways) and stop following once you've increased the gap between you, and the zombie. Generally it's a couple hundred yards to de-aggro a zombie in WarZ.
spartan0078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:19 AM   #37
tibetanpunk

In DayZ, hatchets are everywhere and I favour them over primary weapons until something really good comes along...

I have taken on a chopper crash site on my own, with just a hatchet, on several occasions and come out of it armed to the teeth (I've also had my handed to me).

They are stealth, so no one is alerted when you take down an aggroed zed near them and other zeds in the vicinity aren't alerted either.

I come across dead players all the time that basically have nothing, or they die with a Winchester or an Enfield, when there are hatchets lying everywhere.

With a hatchet, if you get aggroed, get to an area where the zeds have to shuffle to get at you, and use the hatchet.

When you know how to deal with them, the zeds in DayZ aren't really a challenge at all. In fact, they are too easy.

Last edited by tibetanpunk: 10-29-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:27 AM   #38
Larry1212

Quote:
In DayZ, hatchets are everywhere and I favour them over primary weapons until something really good comes along...

I have taken on a chopper crash site on my own, with just a hatchet, on several occasions and come out of it armed to the teeth (I've also had my handed to me).

They are stealth, so no one is alerted when you take down an aggroed zed near them and other zeds in the vicinity aren't alerted either.

I come across dead players all the time that basically have nothing, or they die with a Winchester or an Enfield, when there are hatchets lying everywhere.

With a hatchet, if you get aggroed, get to an area where the zeds have to shuffle to get at you, and use the hatchet.

When you know how to deal with them, the zeds in DayZ aren't really a challenge at all. In fact, they are too easy.
Zeds in DayZ are too easy. :P That's the biggest problem. When indoors they shuffle, making barns a choke point for them. This makes it incredibly easy to lose them. Most of the time you should never fight zombies in DayZ, what you need to do is avoid them at all costs and if you aggro them just run away and find some place indoors to slow them down.
Larry1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #39
ACJCLIGHTNING

After hearing that the map is extremely small in Warz, im almost leaning towards getting Dayz mod now.

I need to ask, is it really infested with hackers?

Also, since me and my sister will be playing together, how hard will it be to find eachother on such a huge map. how do you find friends that you want to play with without having to walk for hours?

Also, another thing Dayz has going for it is that I CAN play it singleplayer apparently. of course it would only be zombies but still.

Im probably buying in a few hours, I really need to know how bad the hacking is and how exagerated the system requirements are. If it can run arma 2 free can it run this?
Is the hacking bad enough that it will effect me and her.
Ive played alot of games that people say are full of hackers and have almost never seen someone actually hacking. I also heard that dayz turned into a big TDM after awhile.

So point is, will I get the same experience in dayz as I would if I had played dayz earlier.
You guys said warz is more casual which may or may not be good, especially for my little sister.

Or going the other way, is Warz's map really that small?
I know its not finished, but for now.

Im still not sure which to buy, help please.
ACJCLIGHTNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #40
tibetanpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACJCLIGHTNING View Post
After hearing that the map is extremely small in Warz, im almost leaning towards getting Dayz mod now.

I need to ask, is it really infested with hackers?

Im still not sure which to buy, help please.
The DayZ standalone could be out as soon as November. I'd honestly advise you to wait for it.

As for the mod. Hacking isn't a problem as long as you stay on low populated servers (10-20 people), it also means you are much more likely to survive.

I love DayZ mod more than any online game I have ever played, but there are a lot of things that they are going to fix/change in the stand alone...and they really need fixed.

The performance should be much, much better, there should be next to no hacking, there will be much more of the map that is worth exploring, most buildings will be enter-able, the UI will be different (hopefully improved and simpler!), and more content in general.

I'm really looking forward to it.

You can meet up with people on the coast quite easily and it doesn't take long at all, but once you are inland it can become a little more tricky without a map, a compass and some knowledge of the land.

Last edited by tibetanpunk: 10-30-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #41
Scorpio27

Ignore DayZ mod if you ignoring Arma 2
Scorpio27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #42
pattongeorrge

Banned
I hope you like cawadoody dude bro games. These aren't zombie survival games. Don't be fooled. There's barely any zombie interaction in game. This is mostly pvp with a few zombies here and there.
pattongeorrge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #43
ACJCLIGHTNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattongeorrge View Post
I hope you like cawadoody dude bro games. These aren't zombie survival games. Don't be fooled. There's barely any zombie interaction in game. This is mostly pvp with a few zombies here and there.
OK, I was aiming more toward what one reviewer said "A cruel social experiment". Trust me, Im not expecting left 4 dead. Im sortof expecting a combination of minecraft, fallout 3, and <insert zombie game here> (and of course Arma 2/War inc), then add alot of people.
Basicly a bunch of people dropped into a post apocolyptic world and left to do their own thing.

Im now leaning towards either warz, or none right now.

In 7 days halo 4 comes out, which should keep me busy for awhile and after that I will just hope the Dayz standalone comes out, if its true that it might come out in November.

But warz does look like it has a more interesting environment, which might make me want to get that.

A quick question about both, is it possible to start a LAN server? that would solve the problem of hacking pretty easily.

If I don't get one, then I guess I need a new halloween game. Maybe Ill make a thread for horror games.....Or maybe just buy amnesia.

I might just wait, or might not. Ill see by tomarrow.

Last edited by ACJCLIGHTNING: 10-30-2012 at 04:03 PM.
ACJCLIGHTNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #44
tibetanpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattongeorrge View Post
The great thing about DayZ, probably the greatest thing about it, is that you can play it in whatever way you want.

If you choose to play it in a way that isn't fun for you, whose fault is that?
If you choose to allow the way other people are playing it to ruin your experience of it, who's fault is that?
Old 10-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #45
pattongeorrge

Banned
Quote:
The great thing about DayZ, probably the greatest thing about it, is that you can play it in whatever way you want.

If you choose to play it in a way that isn't fun for you, whose fault is that?
If you choose to allow the way other people are playing it to ruin your experience of it, who's fault is that?
The viral marketing rocket attempted. The game was marketed as a zombie survival game not pvp cawadoody get the loot! If you even attempt to warn people what the game really is on the dayz forums their mods ban you instantly. They are trying to cover up the fact its a cawadoody death match game. There should be a mass class action lawsuit for false advertising against rocket.
pattongeorrge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Off Topic