People really should look up the review itself, not look on the score only
Mosquito Senor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:52 AM   #17
sergio_mikkos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito Senor View Post
Sigh
People really should look up the review itself, not look on the score only
Sure, I have read the review itself and the 85% of that review is a lie or an exageration.
The game doesn´t have issues like the perfomance is around 15 fps.
Other German magazine has reviewed the PC version and said that the optimization was great and the perfomance is over 60 fps.

So, who we believe?
Of course, I believe German magazine, and I believe other magazines that have been reviewed the game with great scores.

PC Gamer says that Hitman Absolution is bad at graphics, at history, at sound, at gameplay, at AI.
Is Hitman Absolution the worst game ever or what?
On the review there is not one good point of Hitman Absolution...

Last edited by sergio_mikkos: 11-13-2012 at 05:54 AM.
sergio_mikkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:19 AM   #18
Marsbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by QaaQer View Post
People still preorder games? weird.
Some of us have to, or else publishers would axe PC games completely, and you wouldn't be able to buy all of them at $4.99, during the Christmas sales.
Marsbergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:23 AM   #19
Aerowix

You are saying a measurement of a good game is its performance? MP3 might have ran good on pc, but that alone doesn't give it a top score. There was gameplay elements there too, right? .. or was there?

What I remember is a 1 hour cinematic show after clicking play from the menu. Go down this hallway, another cinematic, walk up to these ladders, another cinematic showing MP climbing the ladders. And several shooting galleries.
Aerowix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #20
Obfuscated

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcinelli View Post
I'm affraid the same could be said about Absolution and the fact that two important people (Jesper Kyd and David Bateson)
The new music is amazing, and Bateson is still the voice behind Hitman in Absolution...
Obfuscated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #21
madnek

i've pre-ordered it! for the same reason i've pre-ordered Splinter Cell Conviction back then.
i've seen the gameplays, i've seen what it offers and being a fan, all added up to having tons of fun!
SCC so far has +110 hours played, good investment? the answer is obvious (i hope...)
madnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #22
Nose Nuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio_mikkos View Post
MP3 is a 55?? Loool.
And CoD MW2, MW3, MW4, MW5... MW78974564 what are? A 10?
No... wait, they are +85...

And wait, another review of PCGamer, yes the fantastic Dragon Age 2!!
Score? 94.

MP3 is a +90 game, and if this inept gives it a 55, I don't believe anything he writes, like this "review", if we can call it like that, of Hitman Absolution.

But I have to say, there are two PC Gamer magazines.
The US Version, and the UK Version.

The US Version scores MP3 with a 87.
The UK Version scores MP3 with a 55.
The UK Version scores Hitman Absolution with a 63.
The US Version scores Hitman Absolution with a ??. (We don't know yet).

And of course, inside the same magazine, sometimes review one person, and sometimes reviews other different.
This reviewer that reviews Max Payne 3 and Hitman Absolution, is simply an idiot.
you can draw all the conclusions and make all the assumptions you want. if the review of absolution is accurate, the score is warranted. i would have given MP3 a 55, but like i said i enjoyed it. it was a fun game, and i felt i got my moneys worth. i don't think it was a bad game.

what about mp3 makes it a 90+ game for you?
Nose Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #23
MADDOGGE

Knew the new one would blow as a HM game just as Max Payne 3 does. They just don't get it. These developers anymore just don't understand what made the old one great. They are only interested in name recognition of the IP and to hell with the core gameplay.
MADDOGGE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #24
Nose Nuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOGGE View Post
Knew the new one would blow as a HM game just as Max Payne 3 does. They just don't get it. These developers anymore just don't understand what made the old one great. They are only interested in name recognition of the IP and to hell with the core gameplay.
This is kind of the feeling i get as well. Its a mechanism to make product. There is no real drive to make a better Hitman game, Hitman is the name we will use to sell our next game.
Nose Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:44 AM   #25
Fakubaku

I don't know about how trustworthy that magazine is. The only thing I know is that the article is not entirely an opinion. It gives us some facts that show negative aspects of the game and I think it's pointless to argue about that.
Fakubaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:34 AM   #26
Atomic Hamster

Here's a comment from someone below the Gameranx article:

Quote:
GameReviewerByTrade • a day ago −
I have reviewed this game, although I would like to remain anonymous. I can honestly say that the comments Mr Francis has made about the game are entirely false. Assassinations are NOT cutscenes any more than they are in Blood Money (IE an animation once the 'accident' is set up or whatever is the way it's always been – it's not a cutscene because you're either choosing to stick around and watch – in full control – or you're already making your escape or whatever, NEVER is control taken away from you).

As for checkpoints THEY ONLY EVEN EXIST ON LOW DIFFICULTY. Meaning this reviewer played it through on easy or medium and since he claims to be an experienced Hitman player, he should know that these difficulty levels were not made for him. He has essentially failed to do the job he has been paid to do.

The 'pointless' objectives (open a door) refers to exiting the level once the hit has been complete. YOU HAVE ALWAYS HAD TO EXIT THE LEVEL ONCE THE HIT WAS COMPLETE.

Some of the levels are small, sure, but THERE ARE FIFTY OF THEM.

The AI is fantastic as always. 47 is the catalyst. Mix him with the AI in any way and entertaining (and often unexpected) things happen. Just as they always have, but way, way better than ever before. The story is, admittedly, quite poor, but it's also irrelevant. It ties one playground to the next by a thin thread and that's all that matters.

Do not listen to Tom Francis. He has failed to do his job and speaking as a fellow reviewer, in my opinion deserves to be severely scolded for it, both by the general gaming public, who he has failedf, by the developer and publisher of the game, who he has failed, and by the company he works for, who he has failed. Once you lot get to play the game, you will immediately see how FACTUALLY incorrect this review is. It's chock-full of out and out lies.
I'm sticking with it as I do not go on reviews in magazines and review sites, if I do listen to peoples views it is people I know and who like the same games as I do. Sniper Challenge runs perfectly for me on ultra so I don't believe the '15fps' remark.
Atomic Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #27
Gaikai

PCGamer is a decent site, but they have the most inconsistent reviews ever! And i'm not over exaggerating. You can just skim through their previous reviews and see. Now some might agree to these score, but i certainly don't.

Dishonored - 92 (any true stealth gamers would disagree)
Breach - 81
Bulletstorm - 80
Duke Nukem Forever - 80
Rage - 84
Dear Esther - 84

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3fIDa1E1Bk (console i believe)

You can judge Hitman Absolution yourself just by watching all those full play-through videos IO Interactive put out. Gameplay is no different than Blood Money. Blood Money actually had a lot of gun-play.

The only problem i have are the bloom/flare/blurry effects and the mouse smoothing in Sniper Challenge. Definitely not made to be played with a mouse and keyboard.

Last edited by Gaikai: 11-14-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Gaikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #28
Kaybald

This is a pointless thing to argue.

Look at the facts.

Are there ACTUALLY performance issues? We don't know.
The whole door cutscene whatever thing is because you use doors to exit levels, as you have always done in Hitman games. Fact.

Some people will agree with reviewers. It is absolutely pointless to argue opinions about the quality of a game. You have to look at the facts and compare them. We have no idea if this reviewer was telling the truth or if he interpreted things right. Also, as he got an early release of the game, he probably played a buggy version that is not at all representative of the final game.

In other words, wait till the damn game is out before you go ape. As one guy said, that was the UK magazine. If you are in the US/tend to agree with the US magazine more, then wait for their review. It's important to find a reviewer you like (Who reflects your tastes) and stick with him. If someone else on his magazine reviews a certain game, email the guy and ask him his opinion instead.
Kaybald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #29
Stoib

Quote:
Some of the levels are small, sure, but THERE ARE FIFTY OF THEM
Oh wow is that true? That's... quite a lot
Can't wait.
Stoib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #30
NightLight

Well, I'd like to give my 2cents actually. I have seen the game (in Xbox, unfortunately) played in a friend's house (do not ask me how he got it and yes i know it sounded cliched, but this is what i see) and I can certainly say that, as a Hitman fan myself, I see a lot of things being changed.

Some of them I do not like (NOT being able to select weapon loadouts beginning of a mission, looking at my weapons collections, no save anywhere function) but I really see the improvements in the AI and the way disguise works now.

I believe the way the story works now related to the gameplay mechanic (as in not able to select loadouts and see weapon collections) since the story now depicts agent 47 as being 'on the run'. I guess I can live with no weapon selection (would be nicer actually to have), and if the save function can be implemented later (instead of the silly checkpoints), i think it will be a better game.

The game mechanic now caters to people who wants to shoot their way out of a mission instead of being a sneaky stealthy agent (which definitely you can still do). If you go through the missions stealthily, it will impact how the next level is laid out for you (as in wearing different disguises, loadouts, etc). Hits can still be carried out like before (as a silent kill, accidents, close up and personal, snipe, or 'orchestrated events'). I think this is still viable. As for points, I think it is fair enough that if you kill a non-target, it will penalize you (more if it is civilians). If you subdue anyone, it will give a significantly lesser penalty to points which can be neutralized if you hide the body, so I think the point is fair. I just wish the point can be hidden instead of showing up on the HUD like an old-school game (without going purist mode).

I'm still keeping my pre-order. I really like what I see so far despite what hardcore hitman fans said, for some reason. I cant talk about stability or control issues, but I'm pretty sure IO would have ironed out the control 'port' from console to PC.
NightLight is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hitman series