Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 10-12-2012, 06:15 AM   #646
pigosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.O View Post
am trying to use a ps3 with motionjoy and 360 controller for coop, I tried every config posted on here, but i cant seem to get both working at the same time or properly. Can anyone help me out in making them work
ps3 controller with motionjoy driver and 360 emulator mode
+
360 controller with its original driver
are this working?
pigosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #647
topeira

im trying to play with 2 wireless 360 controllers but can only make it work with one controller and a mouse\kbd.
i changes the line in the CFG file, but still - one controller doesnt control anything.

what should i do to change the m+kb into a the second controller?
topeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:00 AM   #648
pigosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by topeira View Post
im trying to play with 2 wireless 360 controllers but can only make it work with one controller and a mouse\kbd.
i changes the line in the CFG file, but still - one controller doesnt control anything.

what should i do to change the m+kb into a the second controller?
watch with this if your controller is recognized as first and second
Old 11-02-2012, 02:22 AM   #649
AnoshW1003

I found a new way of changing the 360 wireless controller assessment so that it is player 2 even though there is only one controller.

1. First plug in your receiver and turn one your wireless 360 controller.

2. When it says that it is set to player 1 unplug the receiver and plug it back in after 1 second, DO NOT turn off the controller.

3. The controller will now try to find and sync with the receiver. When it does it will say player 1 for 1 second and then it will change to player 2
AnoshW1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #650
Awesome Weegee

Maybe I'm lost but I got JoyIDsInstall, installed it but now it wont show up on my computer. another thing is I'm not sure how to make a config file or open one for that matter. maybe I'm not too experienced with this kind of stuff but I do know how to work the developer console though. any help would be nice if you understand how I'm stuck.
Awesome Weegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #651
Sir Arun

making a config file is simply typing "notepad" in the searchbar of your startmenu and once the text editor pops up and you have written down whatever you are supposed to write in there, to then save the file not as a textfile (.txt), but as "All Files" and then as a .cfg file
Sir Arun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #652
zedz

Is this thread obsolete now since Portal 2 has an official split screen feature from today?

I'm trying to play split screen using keyboard and mouse for player 1 and a controller for player 2. However, I can only play split screen with 2 controllers only.

Is there a way to play using keyboard and mouse as one of the player with the new update for Portal 2?
zedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #653
Sir Arun

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedz View Post
Is this thread obsolete now since Portal 2 has an official split screen feature from today?

I'm trying to play split screen using keyboard and mouse for player 1 and a controller for player 2. However, I can only play split screen with 2 controllers only.

Is there a way to play using keyboard and mouse as one of the player with the new update for Portal 2?

bump. I'm interested in this as well.
Sir Arun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:19 PM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #654
JeepBarnett

Valve
http://store.steampowered.com/news/9429/
- Added convars to remap which player each controller controls. To play splitscreen with a single controller, set controller #1 to control player #2 with this command: joy_remap_player_for_controller1 2
JeepBarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #655
evieiraporto

Hey I can't shoot portals or jump on controller 2. I just started portal, went to coop screen and pressed X on second controller. Any ideas? Both controllers are real microsoft wired xbox360 controllers. Thanks
evieiraporto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:47 AM   #656
pigosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepBarnett View Post
http://store.steampowered.com/news/9429/
- Added convars to remap which player each controller controls. To play splitscreen with a single controller, set controller #1 to control player #2 with this command: joy_remap_player_for_controller1 2
will this be added to other valve game? (like l4d, or.. hl?)
Old 11-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #657
-Sn1PeR-

Quote:
Originally Posted by evieiraporto View Post
Hey I can't shoot portals or jump on controller 2. I just started portal, went to coop screenthat pressed X on second controller. Any ideas? Both controllers are real microsoft wired xbox360 controllers. Thanks
Going into the controls options menu and disabling the controller and then enabling it again fixed this for me.

Does anyone know of a good way to load up community workshop maps using the new official split screen option? I have tried manually loafing through the console, but always lose the second player.
-Sn1PeR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #658
Monkeyknight67

I've tried everything that I can think of to get the Logitech Dual Action config to work with a mouse and keyboard. Does any of if have to do with the fact that my mouse and keyboard are both Logitech?
Monkeyknight67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #659
zedz

Delete your config/settings files to reset the controls and settings. It worked for me. (Can't remember exactly which file fixed it.)
zedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:12 AM   #660
pigosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedz View Post
Delete your config/settings files to reset the controls and settings. It worked for me. (Can't remember exactly which file fixed it.)
or even
Code:
unbind all
in console

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2