Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binding of Isaac, The

Old 11-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
animefreak

How to remove lag in The Binding of Isaac

Hello, if you are here it is probably because you are experiancing unbearable lag in BOI. I have a couple methods that will most likely fix it, if not completely remove it.

1) Firstly, check to see if all of your settings are low. If not that should be your first step, and could remove the lag right then and there; However, for less powerful computers continue reading to make sure that you get the best experiance out of this amazing game.

2) If you have the DLC installed, this step might help very much, and even if you don't, I would reccommend trying it anyways; HOWEVER, be warned that this step could possibly erase your saved data, so you may want to back up a specific file (explanation on how to back up the file will be provided later on). Okay, so basically, this is what your gonna wanna do:

Start -> Control Panel -> Flash Player -> Advanced tab -> Delete All (under Browser Data and Settings).

Now that SHOULD help remove slowdown MASSIVLY, and I highly reccommend trying it. However, like i said, your save will most likely be deleted, so make sure you follow these instructions if you don't want to lose you stats.

1) Windows key + R
2) Copy this in the run box: %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\
3) If there are several folders then search manually for one containing a localhost folder, or write "localhost" or "so.sol" into the search bar in to top left corner.
4) Back up the "so.sol" file.

That should succesfully back up your saved data and prevent any loss of stats.

3) This is the final step for removing lag, and is VERY simple. When you are in-game, press "Ctrl+Alt+Delete" and select "Start Task Manager"; Then, click "Processes and scroll down until you see "isaac.exe". Right click that and select "set priority", then click "high". That's it. Please note, however, that you may have to repeat this step every time you launch the game. However, this is a small price to pay for being able to play the game with little to no lag at all whatsoever.

And thats it! Follow these steps exactly and you should be killing Mom in NO time! Thanks for reading, and if this worked for you please feel free to leave a comment. Thank you so much for reading, and have a nice day. -Animefreak

Sources: Ishanji, TheMadCat, Experiance

Last edited by animefreak: 11-23-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
animefreak

Don't forget to comment!
animefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #3
Darth Boht

Banned
That's not lag...that's low framerate.
Darth Boht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
Vimescarrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Boht View Post
That's not lag...that's low framerate.
The two are often used synonymously in video games. Don't confuse etymology with definition.
Vimescarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #5
Darth Boht

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vimescarrot View Post
The two are often used synonymously in video games. Don't confuse etymology with definition.
Uh, no, people use it wrong, that's different.

They will end up asking somewhere else "how do I get rid of this lag", getting responses like "check your connection", then they'll have no idea what to do then.

Instead if they ask "how do I improve my framerate", the answers will be more accurate.
Darth Boht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:23 AM   #6
loraen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Boht View Post
Uh, no, people use it wrong, that's different.

They will end up asking somewhere else "how do I get rid of this lag", getting responses like "check your connection", then they'll have no idea what to do then.

Instead if they ask "how do I improve my framerate", the answers will be more accurate.
Except it isn't a framerate issue when you have a decent PC but the game gets very unresponsive. Before I did some of the fixes mentioned above, fighting Mom was just about impossible, because the game took longer and longer to respond to commands. Try dodging when it takes Isaac 10 seconds to react to your keypress.

Flash is just a bad platform for this game. I'm glad we'll eventually get a remake (after the console version) that doesn't use flash.
loraen is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binding of Isaac, The