Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Test Drive Unlimited 2

Old 02-14-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
Darkestwolf

Having a offline profile go online?

I made a offline profile when I bought this game as I sat there having problems logging in over and over again, I was curious if there was a way to switch it back to online without starting a new account. Am very far in and it would be very... somewhat.. disappointing to do it all over again. Any ideas or such?

Old 02-15-2011, 12:02 AM   #2
ddwmk2002

there isnt any way. though theres a way to set your online profile to "offline" it isnt a full offline since you can still see players in shops but you cant see any while travelling <all bots> go to your options and set "online interactions" to no. for offline to online though... I never tried before so i wouldnt know. you can give it a shot though and see if you can change your online interaction status
ddwmk2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:55 AM   #3
DoodoM

Talking I managed to make it work

I have been messing arround with this same problem for almost and entire hour since I bought the game through Steam last night, and I have finally be able to play on-line with my off-line profile. So it's actually possible, but you have to mislead the game to think it's the same profile.

This is what you should try to do:
1- Move the entire folder Eden Games from My Documents to Desktop.
2- Enter the game, create a new on-line profile (with the same name as the old one) with your testdriveunlimited2.com account information, and when you see the party and the swimming pool, exit the game (ALT+F4).
3- Now take the AVATAR, LICENSES folders from your old profile and copy them on the new profile on My Documents\Eden Games\Test Drive Unlimited 2\savegame\<PROFILE>\
4- Then take the files DATA and KEYMAP from PLAYERSAVE directory from your old profile and copy them on your new profile's PLAYERSAVE folder.
5- Run the game and try to open your profile. It will say it's damaged, but don't worry. Now copy the OPTIONS file from PLAYERSAVE directory from your old profile and put it on your new profile's PLAYERSAVE directory overwriting the new one. Try again to access the profile without exiting the game. Success! Now you can play on-line without starting all over again.

These are the steps I followed myself and I managed it to work in spite of so many people saying it was impossible to play on-line with an off-line profile.

I hope this will be helpful if somebody else finds this thread on Google or any search engine and he/she has the same problem.

Cheers!

Last edited by DoodoM: 03-07-2012 at 04:29 AM.
DoodoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
Br41th

I did make a video last year showing how to do it, I havent tried after the latest update though but it should still work

My Video
Br41th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
exchequer

And what if your online name is already "taken"?
exchequer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #6
Br41th

Then your kind a screwed ^^
Br41th is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Test Drive Unlimited 2