Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 07:01 AM   #1
Smac1018
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Reputation: 67
Posts: 526
When can we expect the Dragonborn DLC to go on sale?

I know it's just recently announced and not even out yet, and I know us PC users have gotten our DLC right on schedule (Approximately 1 month after xbox)but with PS3 users getting everything 50% off, I've decided I won't be getting dragonborn until there's some sort of discount sale.

Then again even without the little incidental nudge regarding the PS3 discount I'd be waiting regardless as I'd rather not spend $20 on just DLC, lol.

Whatever my reasoning, my question stands, any idea when we'll be seeing it on sale?
Smac1018 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #2
Fish-E
 
Fish-E's Avatar
 
Volunteer Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2008
Reputation: 6029
Posts: 5,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smac1018 View Post
I know it's just recently announced and not even out yet, and I know us PC users have gotten our DLC right on schedule (Approximately 1 month after xbox)but with PS3 users getting everything 50% off, I've decided I won't be getting dragonborn until there's some sort of discount sale.

Then again even without the little incidental nudge regarding the PS3 discount I'd be waiting regardless as I'd rather not spend $20 on just DLC, lol.

Whatever my reasoning, my question stands, any idea when we'll be seeing it on sale?
It'll probably be on sale sometime in the next 3 months on steam. However I imagine you'd be able to purchase it from GreenManGaming for ~25% off using a voucher sometime soon! (Like Skyrim, the DLC requires steam activation)
Fish-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
Urah
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 36
Posts: 113
Summer, I'm affraid
Urah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
ZalmanS
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Reputation: 26
Posts: 286
I'm sure it'll start out at a discount because of the highly necessary 2 month day.
ZalmanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #5
Joreel
 
Join Date: May 2010
Reputation: 16
Posts: 282
3-6 months most likely.
Joreel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #6
FrostyTheUnbald
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Reputation: 138
Posts: 909
Dawnguard is still full price. What was it on sale for at Christmas, 25 percent for a few days? How long will you wait for $5? Every fiat currency inflates you know. The thieves in government are stealing value from every note on every day. Are you earning interest to compensate? You are? Well don't forget that that interest is also taxed and inflated.

You can vote for for the production of AAA single player content now while it is still being produced. Perhaps you are making a "statement" to the suits. Well the only statement that they understand is printed on your national currency notes and if you don't give it to them they can't read it.

There has never been a free lunch, just the advertising illusion of such.

Last edited by FrostyTheUnbald: 01-28-2013 at 08:35 AM.
FrostyTheUnbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #7
Fish-E
 
Fish-E's Avatar
 
Volunteer Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2008
Reputation: 6029
Posts: 5,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyTheUnbald View Post
Dawnguard is still full price. What was it on sale for at Christmas, 25 percent for a few days? How long will you wait for $5?
50% off. It was also 50% off a few days ago.
Fish-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #8
FrostyTheUnbald
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Reputation: 138
Posts: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-E View Post
50% off. It was also 50% off a few days ago.
That's a great price and well worth waiting a few months for if money is tight. No telling when the next sale will be though. You could put it on your wish list I suppose and wait to be notified of the sale.
FrostyTheUnbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.