Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 02-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #106
Viper Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by FletcherD View Post
Are you sure? I am using version 1.8.4 and it works.

http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=26
Oh, when I checked the program it took me to an older page and made me think 1.8.2. was the latest update. Glad I'm wrong here, thank you.
Viper Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #107
ctb

Not enough people repping FletcherD.
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #108
thepounder1

I'd figure this would make getting updates while on a slower network faster than it currently is. Not a bad thing, that.
thepounder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #109
BanjoPw

finally
BanjoPw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #110
wingtip

I can't get my sound replacement mod to work. Keep getting this weird error in the console whenever I shoot somebody.

Code:
Failed to load sound "ui\hitsound.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
wingtip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:27 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #111
FletcherD

Valve
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingtip View Post
I can't get my sound replacement mod to work. Keep getting this weird error in the console whenever I shoot somebody.

Code:
Failed to load sound "ui\hitsound.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
You should be able to put that file on your disk at:

[Base install directory]/tf/custom/my_custom_stuff/sound/ui/hitsound.wav

Does that work?
FletcherD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:39 PM   #112
drgnzach

Are you actually going to be testing anything in the TF2 beta so that we all have a reason to download 7 gigs?
drgnzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #113
Thorisoka

Another question (yeah sorry, and thanks for all these answers):

Is there a reason all files are now in the common folder, and not in a specific user's one?

From what I understood in the FAQ all customs files and VPK are to be relocated in the common folder and shared by every account... Won't change too much for me, but I still hope I'm wrong.
Thorisoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #114
wingtip

Quote:

Does that work?
Nope, I used those exact directory names this time and am still getting the same error.

edit: A friend told me this is an issue in l4d2 as well and to try rebuilding the sound cache with "snd_rebuildaudiocache". This seems to have fixed the problem.

Last edited by wingtip: 02-20-2013 at 07:03 PM.
wingtip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #115
Kariko

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnzach View Post
Are you actually going to be testing anything in the TF2 beta so that we all have a reason to download 7 gigs?
Nah, just an entirely different file system is all. I'm testing it because of the multiple mods and visual fixes I have installed. I want to make sure they work when this transitions to TF2.

Also, FletcherD needs all the rep.
Kariko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #116
Viper Snake

Quote:

Does that work?
Works for me this way, and I was even able to replace two gamestartup mp3s with custom music (despite the default music not playing) which is normally impossible to do with the current release of TF2 because they are automatically overwritten.

I also tried this as a vpk but it plays static for the hitsound, and the gamestartup mp3s I replaced doesn't play at all. This is probably just because I used the L4D2 vpk.exe though.

On another note, I loaded up a listen server on itemtest and the console says my server is out of date.

Last edited by Viper Snake: 02-20-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Viper Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:46 PM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #117
FletcherD

Valve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper Snake View Post
I also tried this as a vpk but it plays static for the hitsound, and the gamestartup mp3s I replaced doesn't play at all.
Hm, probably we have some issues with custom sounds and the sound cache. Thanks for testing and reporting that. It will give me some things to look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper Snake View Post
This is probably just because I used the L4D2 vpk.exe though.

On another note, I loaded up a listen server on itemtest and the console says my server is out of date.
There was a new update released that has vpk.exe in the bin folder, and also your listen server should have the correct version.
FletcherD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #118
Xtreme2damax

@Fletcher, can you comment on whether or not this will finally fix the infinite verification issues with TF2 a lot of us are experiencing? Every time I want to play the game if I shut down steam or restart my system I have to re-verify the TF2 cache files for whatever reason. If I delete tf2 completely and reinstall the problem goes away until another update is released then the same issue happens again.
Xtreme2damax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #119
Thorisoka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme2damax View Post
@Fletcher, can you comment on whether or not this will finally fix the infinite verification issues with TF2 a lot of us are experiencing?
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...3&postcount=68
Thorisoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #120
wgooch

Hey Fletcher, you noted earlier that adding workshop support is something you have in mind. This would obviously allow players to subscribe to mods such as maps. However, would it be potentially possible for servers to subscribe to the same mods as clients in order to keep the custom content between the two synced?

I ask this as it would be a wonderful feature for server operators, mappers, and players as it would lower the workload of every party significantly.

Server operators would no longer need to frequently check for custom map updates, mappers would no longer need to worry about servers potentially running outdated map builds & would no longer be forced to add a version number to the end of their map name, and clients would no longer need to download a new version of a custom map each time one is updated, resulting in a bloated maps folder.

Quote:
There was a new update released that has vpk.exe in the bin folder, and also your listen server should have the correct version.
I'm still not seeing any vpk.exe. Care to share the path to the directory you stuck it in?

Last edited by wgooch: 02-20-2013 at 08:55 PM. Reason: More questions
wgooch is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2