Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Old 02-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #61
Mob_zter

I got a feeling that Ubisoft Going Solo in the near future.Just like EA Origin. Now Ubisoft Partnered with EA , WB & selling lots of 3rd Party titles on their Uplay Stores. Ubisoft recently adding lots of things to Uplay. IF this is going to happen Im sure We'll see a massive update with Uplay soon. Why Give money to steam/Valve if Ubi have their own Client. Ubisoft can handle their own games easily. If this happens,Sole Steam Market will be Divide.

Of Course this is only my Opinion
Mob_zter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #62
samhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatonium View Post
It's good to see a big publisher like Ubi produce a new IP. Watch Dogs seems to be an expensive project so there's definitely risk involved. In the age of sequels this deserves some respect.
I agree. It looks incredible too. I really hope it lives up to the hype
samhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #63
Sir_Brizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mob_zter View Post
I got a feeling that Ubisoft Going Solo in the near future.Just like EA Origin. Now Ubisoft Partnered with EA , WB & selling lots of 3rd Party titles on their Uplay Stores. Ubisoft recently adding lots of things to Uplay. IF this is going to happen Im sure We'll see a massive update with Uplay soon. Why Give money to steam/Valve if Ubi have their own Client. Ubisoft can handle their own games easily. If this happens,Sole Steam Market will be Divide.

I doubt it. They are very successful the way things are right now. They aren't stupid, Steam brings them a boatload of money. People won't stop buying from third parties just because EA pulls an Origin. I have a few Origin games but I haven't bought a single thing from Origin.
Sir_Brizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:50 AM   #64
gustone

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinlo View Post
Graphics look good, but aren't that spectacular. I reckon Crysis 3 is better technically.
if they use the same engine as in assassins creed ,ofcourse crysis3 is in higher standards.
but its not the textures that only count, its the setting and the atmosphere and im sure in that department watchdogs will be million times better than any generic fps (like crysis has unfortunately become).
but for me the graphics as well (in the trailer at least) seem better than anything i have seen (skyrim modified excluded maybe)
gustone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:24 AM   #65
Menphues

Just watched the new gameplay demo of the game and is amazing. Only 4minutes which is fine but wow.

Also preorder it here: http://watchdogs.ubi.com/watchdogs/en-gb/purchase/

I have emailed them asking if we will have the option to preorder it via Steam, as I want it so bad I will preorder it tomorrow, but I am waiting to see what they say really because I want to pay for it so it is out the way paid for.

Hopefully it is rolling to Steam as a preorder.
Menphues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:26 AM   #66
rasitha_raw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menphues View Post
Just watched the new gameplay demo of the game and is amazing. Only 4minutes which is fine but wow.

Also preorder it here: http://watchdogs.ubi.com/watchdogs/en-gb/purchase/

I have emailed them asking if we will have the option to preorder it via Steam, as I want it so bad I will preorder it tomorrow, but I am waiting to see what they say really because I want to pay for it so it is out the way paid for.

Hopefully it is rolling to Steam as a preorder.
No pre order bonuses yet?
rasitha_raw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:37 AM   #67
Menphues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasitha_raw View Post
No pre order bonuses yet?
Not that I've seen. Just a one off £39 no extras I can see.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #68
rmartinezdl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mob_zter View Post

you could be right, but splitting from steam would only mean less money for UB & WB, and whatever other dev wants tos plit from steam.
rmartinezdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #69
vman411gamer

Saw this @ PS4 announcement. Cannot wait

I feel like it is going to be sort of similar in format to sleeping dogs. I see pics of some similar moves

Last edited by vman411gamer: 02-21-2013 at 02:19 PM.
vman411gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #70
Lepinkäinen

Banned
This goes a bit off topic, but I am really hoping watch dogs is not just another open world game focused on shooting and running with mild hacking elements in between. I would much rather that the whole hacking/manipulation element would be the major mechanic you would use for most of the game. That would of course mean slower, almost puzzle/stealth style gameplay. Or in short I´d like it to be closer to hitman that Assasins greed, but preferably without all those dudes constantly on your back, searching every nook and cranny for cool stuff or the staring at patterns of ppl. Wider scale all around. And timed missions, finding convoy routes, figuring out how to make them change that ect. At worst you could resort to shooting everything.

But that is just me hoping.
Lepinkäinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #71
vman411gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepinkäinen View Post
This goes a bit off topic, but I am really hoping watch dogs is not just another open world game focused on shooting and running with mild hacking elements in between. I would much rather that the whole hacking/manipulation element would be the major mechanic you would use for most of the game. That would of course mean slower, almost puzzle/stealth style gameplay. Or in short I´d like it to be closer to hitman that Assasins greed, but preferably without all those dudes constantly on your back, searching every nook and cranny for cool stuff or the staring at patterns of ppl. Wider scale all around. And timed missions, finding convoy routes, figuring out how to make them change that ect. At worst you could resort to shooting everything.

But that is just me hoping.
Just by the 4 min I have seen of the game I can tell the hacking is your really main weapon. You would not be able to play the game without it. No need to worry
vman411gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #72
Fatonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlPower23 View Post
New IP but not exactly original or risk taking. It looks like it could be fun but it's still another open world game. Which is a genre that's proven to be successful. They aren't exactly trying to break the Open World Genre mold.
Successful genre doesn't automatically equal successful game. There's always risk when you start a new IP without the whole "spiritual successor" bull.
They are trying something different this time around. I don't know how deep that hacking system is going to be but it sure looks great.
Fatonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:11 AM   #73
Menphues

Well I got an E-mail back from EA and they said they do not know but will know more towards the date of release.

To me that is not any good news at all because I want to preorder the game and get it out the way.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:16 AM   #74
LolJohnLol

I think it would come to Steam, as Far Cry 3 and AC3 came to Steam with a uPlay CD Key.
I see no reason for Ubisoft to change their policies, unless they follow EA.
LolJohnLol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:22 AM   #75
Glenbo1981

Hope it does come to steam, looks amazing!
Glenbo1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion