Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 04:14 AM   #16
heinous
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 312
Posts: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatio View Post
It does have a rootkit (Think of it as a keylogger that hides the key inputs and encrypts them before anything else can read them) as part of the anti-cheat system in the game, but it's not nearly as bad as people call it out to be, and it can also easily be removed manually
yes, it may be easily removed manually, but having to remove it manually in the first place is already a red flag. i play games for fun, it's not fun if i have to jump through hoops snooping around my own computer to clean it up afterwards.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:46 AM   #17
Vatio
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Reputation: 171
Posts: 1,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
yes, it may be easily removed manually, but having to remove it manually in the first place is already a red flag. i play games for fun, it's not fun if i have to jump through hoops snooping around my own computer to clean it up afterwards.
You know that most things aren't fully removed from your system when you uninstall them? The only problem it causes is taking up space.
Vatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:39 AM   #18
Koopa Rokudaime
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 176
Posts: 624
That rootkit's a SPAH
Koopa Rokudaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:54 AM   #19
Sugioh
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 322
Posts: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveVista View Post
Embarrassing!
Sugioh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:05 AM   #20
Blk_Mage_Ctype
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 1934
Posts: 7,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Bitman View Post
I really wouldn't use SAM right now.
Valve will soon do something against all the "gibetuxpls" users, I think there's a chance they will also punish other people that use 3rd party programs on steam.
That's actually pure speculation at this point. The renaming of users accounts to "i cheated for a tux" was actually part of the program used to do so, (i.e. gibtuxpls.cs) it's merely speculation that Valve will take action against abusers, and while it is highly likely, I doubt that Valve will suddenly start punishing the use of ALL 3rd Party Programs at once.
Blk_Mage_Ctype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #21
Wiredbomb0
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Reputation: 8
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk_Mage_Ctype View Post
That's actually pure speculation at this point. The renaming of users accounts to "i cheated for a tux" was actually part of the program used to do so, (i.e. gibtuxpls.cs) it's merely speculation that Valve will take action against abusers, and while it is highly likely, I doubt that Valve will suddenly start punishing the use of ALL 3rd Party Programs at once.
I mean, the Tux is only till the first, so I could probably just wait and see. If nothing happens, I might use SAM since I should have earnt the achievement; I wouldn't think Valve would have a problem with me getting something that I earned legitimately.
Wiredbomb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #22
Wiredbomb0
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Reputation: 8
Posts: 41
Well, just for an update for people; I got a reply from Steam Support, who basically palmed me off to the AVA forums, and there was a thread there about achievements not working, so I decided to look into it. I did what it said, and it didn't work, so I just kept playing and I leveled up and I got 8 achievements at once. I think you just have to keep playing until it ticks over. Hopefully someone will see this if they have the same problem, and you can get the achievements even if you're not allowed for that region (as I'm Australian). Best of luck!
Wiredbomb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:14 AM   #23
Kel007
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Reputation: 0
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredbomb0 View Post
Well, just for an update for people; I got a reply from Steam Support, who basically palmed me off to the AVA forums, and there was a thread there about achievements not working, so I decided to look into it. I did what it said, and it didn't work, so I just kept playing and I leveled up and I got 8 achievements at once. I think you just have to keep playing until it ticks over. Hopefully someone will see this if they have the same problem, and you can get the achievements even if you're not allowed for that region (as I'm Australian). Best of luck!
What if you can't even install (because it's not available in my region)? This kinds of crap.
Kel007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.