Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Competitive Team Play and League discussion

Old 02-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
Sullivan

How/where can I watch high level TF2 matches live?

Is this possible? I want to watch high level matches live instead of on Youtube, so that I can move from player to player and watch them as I wish. How can I do this?

Thanks.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
Theyleon

You can - obviously you need to find out the time and date of the match, then you need the SourceTV address. If one is available it will usually be in the same place as the match time/date, but generally will only be posted up shortly before the match.
Once you have the ip, just connect to it in TF2 (put 'connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xx' in console, with the x's replaced with the address and no quotes). You'll then be in a Source TV server, which will enable you to basically be a spectator in the match without having to join the actual server.

To find the games, you usually can go to the main websites of the various comps and/or community sites.
For NA and some EU games, http://teamfortress.tv/schedule will have many major ones, for Australia ozfortress.com will have big games on the front page, and I'd suspect there's stuff on the ETF2L site as well, but never looked personally.
Theyleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #3
CanFo

European matches are announced on VanillaTF2 at http://www.vanillatf2.org/matchticker/ and you can also find the STV IPs there. These matches usually start around 21.15 CET which equals 15.15 EST (assuming you are somewhere in NA).
CanFo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
Cuttlefishes

If you watch the STV and have the cast playing in the background, you can know which players to switch to, etc - it's what I did for i46.
Cuttlefishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
krautwurst no3

In general, on big games, I connect to vanillaTVs mumble and stv relay. It's pretty much the most authentic experience for me.
krautwurst no3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #6
trogdc

http://play.esea.net/index.php?s=lea...vision_id=2023

Click on a team > click on a match at the bottom to go to the match page > on the right you can download the STV demo, which lets you switch between POVs and open scoreboard etc.

If you want to watch a match that is ongoing, that download link will be replaced by a SourceTV address which you can connect to. If it's being casted you can just ask in the stream chat for the address.
trogdc is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Competitive Team Play and League discussion