Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Old 02-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #211
hawkshadow741

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveEyes View Post
I'd say no to genuine. Why? Its usually reserved for a promo deal, not based on how many versions their are. Plus I get finicky as a genuine collector, granted if this were true I'd still get one.
Max, Bills, Ellis, Frying Pan, Lugermorph, Big Kill, License to Maim and every early promo item isn't Genuine

Neither are Buds or Tux
hawkshadow741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #212
TheLemonGod

I hope another Halocaust happens
Or they make it so that you can only access a Tux, no matter what, if you're playing on Linux

Letting people who don't play on a Mac have earbuds is just weird
TheLemonGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #213
hawkshadow741

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLemonGod View Post
I hope another Halocaust happens
Or they make it so that you can only access a Tux, no matter what, if you're playing on Linux

Letting people who don't play on a Mac have earbuds is just weird
Making them Untradeable/ungiftable would solve a lot of issues with the Economy, ie, the fact they're used as currency

Oh wait, Valve doesn't care about the economy
Old 02-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #214
FiveEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkshadow741 View Post
Max, Bills, Ellis, Frying Pan, Lugermorph, Big Kill, License to Maim and every early promo item isn't Genuine

Neither are Buds or Tux
Thats not my point. My point is that the item should not shift to genuine or even use these levels. If another lament would be given out all previous ones would become vintage. All of them. Why would it make sense to give out genuine quality to something that was never a promo? Max, Bills, Ellis, Frying Pan, Lugermorph, and the Big Kill were not around at the time of genuine items or having promos craftable. If these were to become craftable by all means add the genuine tag, it makes sense to do so. License to Maim was an achievement item, like the spiral sallet, it remains unique
FiveEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #215
Blk_Mage_Ctype

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldnuts View Post
Qualities actually sounds cool

Tux having the halo on himself should be priority..
That would be hilarious.
Blk_Mage_Ctype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #216
hawkshadow741

Quote:
Thats not my point. My point is that the item should not shift to genuine or even use these levels. If another lament would be given out all previous ones would become vintage. All of them. Why would it make sense to give out genuine quality to something that was never a promo? Max, Bills, Ellis, Frying Pan, Lugermorph, and the Big Kill were not around at the time of genuine items or having promos craftable. If these were to become craftable by all means add the genuine tag, it makes sense to do so. License to Maim was an achievement item, like the spiral sallet, it remains unique
I'm talking about the Big Kill, Max head and Lugermorph you got by pre-ordering The Devil's Playhouse

Achievement promo items items could at least be Vintage, like the original Achievement weapons
Old 02-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #217
Jordax142

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldnuts View Post
Qualities actually sounds cool

Tux having the halo on himself should be priority..
On the other side of the scale, the cheaters get a Tux tatoo branded on their bottom. Permanently.
And it takes a Misc slot up, too.
Jordax142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #218
LimeSheep

sum guys got an penguin 4 not obtain linux. pls valb take away item so mi tux cn b infitinee budz. D:<

an gib halo. the fourth one.
LimeSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:33 AM   #219
Blk_Mage_Ctype

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeSheep View Post
sum guys got an penguin 4 not obtain linux. pls valb take away item so mi tux cn b infitinee budz. D:<

Says the guy who's hoarding Festive weapons...
Old 02-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #220
A Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeSheep View Post

See, I can't stand this.
You can make anything look good if you take an argument and type it out like a simpleton.
A Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #221
Blk_Mage_Ctype

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Ghost View Post
See, I can't stand this.
You can make anything look good if you take an argument and type it out like a simpleton.
Not if you look at his backpack, then he just looks like a hypocrite.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #222
FiveEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkshadow741 View Post
I'm talking about the Big Kill, Max head and Lugermorph you got by pre-ordering The Devil's Playhouse

Achievement promo items items could at least be Vintage, like the original Achievement weapons
You act as if don't understand how promos work, and I don't think you do either. Why would achievement based promos be vintage? Vintage was give for items pre-mannconomy, and for the ones that crafted the Australian Christmas and shogun update weapons. What is the logic in a achievement based promo becoming vintage? There is none. Also going back to the S&M promos, they are not vintage nor genuine due to when they were released, which was before genuine existed and the craftable option after the promo was over. The S&M pomos were never made craftable, thus no genuine versions.
FiveEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #223
MunkeyCheez3k

Quote:
You act as if don't understand how promos work, and I don't think you do either. Why would achievement based promos be vintage? Vintage was give for items pre-mannconomy, and for the ones that crafted the Australian Christmas and shogun update weapons. What is the logic in a achievement based promo becoming vintage? There is none. Also going back to the S&M promos, they are not vintage nor genuine due to when they were released, which was before genuine existed and the craftable option after the promo was over. The S&M pomos were never made craftable, thus no genuine versions.
Vintage Low-Fi Longwave.
MunkeyCheez3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #224
chicobo329

Honestly it's as simple as removing the Tuxes from the people who used gibtuxpls and then being done with it. Nothing extra needs to be rewarded for people who got a Tux by any other legitimate means. I have to say it was quite a clever honeypot of sorts on Voided's part to catch so many cheaters!
chicobo329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #225
WhatSecretPrjct

If Valve doesn't do anything about the Steam Achievement Manager, why should they do anything about this?
WhatSecretPrjct is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2