Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 06:11 AM   #91
Mr_Noname

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetica9 View Post
I bought one, just so I won't shoot myself through the head when it turns out incredibly valuable.
You mean by storing it on an alt account and waiting for 6 months or more?

Good luck with that. Every single time I've tried that get rich quick (in a year) scheme, I've accidentally opened TF2 on my alt, forgetting what was on it.

I only hope you are more careful.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:23 AM   #92
Mr. Slippyfist

Maybe they'll make new botkiller prizes for Mann Up, and put the old ones in these crates. That way we can get stuff like a Botkiller Brass Beast, Phlog, Or frontier Justice.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:25 AM   #93
NinetyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippyfist View Post
Maybe they'll make new botkiller prizes for Mann Up, and put the old ones in these crates. That way we can get stuff like a Botkiller Brass Beast, Phlog, Or frontier Justice.
Why would anyone want to uncrate the robo-crate to get botkillers that have been around forever and are now pretty cheap? It makes more sense the other way around.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:55 AM   #94
SpikeTheDragon

i am crying from laughing when i look at the posts between SPUF and facepunch.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #95
ned_ballad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeTheDragon View Post
i am crying from laughing when i look at the posts between SPUF and facepunch.
SPUF: Ugh... hats? Valve is so lazy, come on, where's the weapons. Strange robo sandvich here I come! Maybe it'll be strange botkillers? Testinglol says something. lol Valve *lists of things that will never happen in the update*

FP: I LOVE YOU VALVE HAVE MY BABIES OMG HYPEEHYPEEE wink wonk -snip- HYPEEEEEE OMG IT's HAPPENING THEY TOUCHED SOME FILE ON A DATABASE MAYBE USED BY TF2!! Hey guys I just woke up and can't be bothered to read the last 2 pages, please summary. I wonder if Pyro will be buf*banned*

Just different ways of interpreting the update. Also many members of FP probably already know what's in the crate, which leads to different opinions.

I consider them two sides of the same coin. Both incredibly similar at their core, but very different in execution.

Last edited by ned_ballad: 04-26-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:26 AM   #96
Usernamedan

I'm sort of hoping the keys are only obtainable by completing MvM tours; the key has to be a rare drop though.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:28 AM   #97
Mr_Noname

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by ned_ballad View Post
SPUF: Ugh... hats? Valve is so lazy, come on, where's the weapons. Strange robo sandvich here I come! Maybe it'll be strange botkillers? Testinglol says something. lol Valve *lists of things that will never happen in the update*

FP: I LOVE YOU VALVE HAVE MY BABIES OMG HYPEEHYPEEE wink wonk -snip- HYPEEEEEE OMG IT's HAPPENING THEY TOUCHED SOME FILE ON A DATABASE MAYBE USED BY TF2!! Hey guys I just woke up and can't be bothered to read the last 2 pages, please summary

Just different ways of interpreting the update. Also many members of FP probably already know what's in the crate, which leads to different opinions.

I consider them two sides of the same coin. Both incredibly similar at their core, but very different in execution.
Oddly, I find myself on Facepunch's side for this update.

While normal cosmetics would not get me excited, I do like Valve's (And the community's) MVM-style cosmetics, and I'll probably uncrate a few for some robotic loot.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #98
Mr. Slippyfist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyL View Post
Why would anyone want to uncrate the robo-crate to get botkillers that have been around forever and are now pretty cheap? It makes more sense the other way around.
They would put new cosmetics in there as well. And maybe for more motivation an additional type for the botkillers? Like Bloody Gold?

Introducing the new botkillers by moving the old ones to a crate would allow them to keep the old ones in circulation (with a spiced up money making effect via a few new cosmetics) and get people to hunt for the new Botkillers via tickets. Which will bring in more money.

This would keep the amount of work to a minimum, and the amount of profit to a max really.The same number of people are going to want botkillers from a crate or from MVM, MVM makes more money PER player. So why not get them to go through MVM first, then once that river of cash has dried, go on to the fattest cash cow they have?
Old 04-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #99
rainbowsnivy

I think that maybe the Deflector might be one of the weapons in the RoboCrate, or a thing similar to the voodo-cursed souls that make you look like a robot as miscs.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #100
japanimater

I'm just glad I sold my Genuine Robo-Sandvich before the crate contents are known. Though I had to sell it for $30 less than the average price it sells for due to a lot of people not wanting or not able to use their credit/debit cards. Now I could care less if it contains Unique Robo-Sandvichs.

Last edited by japanimater: 04-26-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #101
IAMZESPY

I just want new weapons.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #102
winnerhead34

Some of them seem likely. But robo proof of purchase, cheaters lament, HOUWAR, bills, max? No, no, no.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #103
winnerhead34

Quote:
Originally Posted by japanimater View Post
I'm just glad I sold my Genuine Robo-Sandvich before the crate contents are known. Though I had to sell it for $30 less than the average price it sells for due to a lot of people not wanting or not able to use their credit/debit cards. Now I could care less if it contains Unique Robo-Sandvichs.
Ha, youre super lucky if this scrappy crate contains strange robo sandvich
Old 04-26-2013, 11:13 PM   #104
ProXymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Ghost View Post
To be honest, I'm going to be disappointed if it's just hats.

I mean, yeah, those boogaloo hats are nice, but.. geez, how many hats do we need?
This. Robo-themed weapons with unique stats would be awesome. Imagine a Mann Co. vs Gray Mann Update with a crapton of weapons. They can't keep creating variations on hats forever. When are we going to get content that affects the core of the game non-cosmetically?

Also, don't hold your breath, guys. This crate is common as for a good reason, I bet. I can't imagine most of the stuff in it would be TOO valuable. It's no Salvaged crate or anything.

Last edited by ProXymoron: 04-26-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:54 PM   #105
aabicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by japanimater View Post
I told you it wouldn't be hard! You also (mostly) paid off that Oculus Rift of yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by ned_ballad View Post
Also many members of FP probably already know what's in the crate,
Just curious, how would they know that?

Last edited by aabicus: 04-26-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2