Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Old 07-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #61
ghore557

Demopimp(freedom) staff.

Vaccinator.

Solem vow would be rather nice.
ghore557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #62
Dadding

AWPer Hand!
Dadding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #63
1Fort 2Fort

disciplinary action 5 ever
1Fort 2Fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #64
Jackimole

Mann Co. Supply Crate Key
Jackimole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #65
Moses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingolas View Post
Valve is already re-releasing other weapons (medigun for example, originally released in #26, was recently re-released in #55). And consider this: it would be in your best interest if you want a strange version of a weapon, if it came in a regular crate - since those are a lot cheaper. Re-releasing items in a salvaged crate is actually a positive thing, since it means a higher chance that the item you want will drop from a regular, cheap crate.

And since Valve already re-released the medigun, it wouldn't be too far a leap to also re-release the kritzkrieg. And since they probably will not put it in a regular crate (at least, that would really upset pricing and destabilize the market), the next salvaged crate would be a perfect candidate. Think about it: Medigun in #26 and #55, Kritz in #30 and #60. Sounds good, no?
Yes, valve has done rereleases. What they HAVEN'T done is rereleased things that were originally found in a SALVAGED crate, and I hope very much that they never will. The whole point of a salvaged crate is to contain RARE items; rereleases, even in the form of another salvaged crate, make these items less rare. It's a collector's item, only to be possessed by a small portion of the playerbase. This would be a bad thing if there were MANY of these salvaged weapons but for now they are very few. Leave them alone. :/
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #66
Mr_Noname

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Yes, valve has done rereleases. What they HAVEN'T done is rereleased things that were originally found in a SALVAGED crate, and I hope very much that they never will. The whole point of a salvaged crate is to contain RARE items; rereleases, even in the form of another salvaged crate, make these items less rare. It's a collector's item, only to be possessed by a small portion of the playerbase. This would be a bad thing if there were MANY of these salvaged weapons but for now they are very few. Leave them alone. :/
All you've been saying is that

1. Because Valve has not re-released any Salvaged Stranges, they won't do it (This is an assumption)

2. The items are better off limited, and ought to be expensive and only be owned by a very small sliver of the playerbase (This is opinion, and an unpopular one at that)

It's obvious that Valve does want a degree of exclusivity for Salvaged Stranges, but it has also been shown that Valve feels they should keep the current Salvaged Crates out longer than they did for crate #30. Why else would they give #40 a year, and then leave #50 out even after going past #60 and getting to #70?

I feel like the Crate #30 Stranges deserve some sort of limited re-release to make up for their short initial length of availability, perhaps in the form of a rare 1% drop from other Salvaged crates, in place of Unusuals.

Last edited by Mr_Noname: 07-24-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Mr_Noname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #67
Moses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Noname View Post
All you've been saying is that

1. Because Valve has not re-released any Salvaged Stranges, they won't do it (This is an assumption)

2. The items are better off limited, and ought to be expensive and only be owned by a very small sliver of the playerbase (This is opinion, and an unpopular one at that)

It's obvious that Valve does want a degree of exclusivity for Salvaged Stranges, but it has also been shown that Valve feels they should keep the current Salvaged Crates out longer than they did for crate #30. Why else would they give #40 a year, and then leave #50 out even after going past #60 and getting to #70?

I feel like the Crate #30 Stranges deserve some sort of limited re-release to make up for their short initial length of availability, perhaps in the form of a rare 1% drop from other Salvaged crates, in place of Unusuals.
I didn't say Valve WOULDN'T rerelease. I said I very strongly hope they won't. As for keeping rare things rare, I feel that TF2's success is largely dependent on its trading system, where items that actually affect gameplay (weapons) are super common, and everything else is rare, but purely cosmetic. It incentivizes buying from the store and participating in the trade system without REQUIRING it.

Rare items are what keep people interested in the trading system -- if everything is super easy to get, then no one has any reason to trade anymore. Again, I am not suggesting making all, or even most stranges this rare. I am simply suggesting leaving a small portion of items as collectors' items, AT THE VERY LEAST until every weapon in the game has seen a strange release.

As for my opinion being unpopular, just because something is popular doesn't make it logical, and the inverse is true as well.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #68
mooseyluke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Trader identified
mooseyluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #69
Wuggums47

Damn I didn't know what I was getting myself into 67 replies? That's my best thread yet, gunna spend an hour or so updating the OP.
Wuggums47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #70
derpherpyerp

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDXZ View Post
Crate
Crate
Crate
Crate
Crate
Crate

Or exceedingly rare special Crate with orbiting Crates

Because you hoarders.

you took my
Jarate or Unusual JArate with Orbiting Jarate idea.
derpherpyerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #71
Wuggums47

So far our winners are:
Stuff Included in other crates X 10 (Mostly Kritzkriegs and other #30s)
Disciplinary Action X 7
Crates X 6
Vaccinator X 5
Bonk X 5

3/5 of these things seem realistic enough, and one of the things I'm voting for got into the top. Looking pretty good so far.

Last edited by Wuggums47: 07-25-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Wuggums47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #72
Selbi

Gunboats
Rescue Ranger
Wrangler
Red-Tape Recorder
Solemn Vow

No idea what Strange Gunboats would be like, but I still want them to be strange.
Selbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #73
JBski

I would think the Dr. Grordbort weapons would make a great crate 60.

Besides, a strange Phlog would need to be crazy expensive, to discourage the use of it when they release a strange one.

Crate 60: Alien Salvage Crate: An old dusty crate from who knows where, filled with who knows what, from a certain "Area" that Mann Co. swears does not exist.

Phlogistinator
Manmelter
Cowmangler 5000
Pomson 6000
Righteous Bison
Third Degree
Eureka Effect

Last edited by JBski: 07-24-2013 at 03:34 PM.
JBski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #74
JBski

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkshadow741 View Post
Every stock reskin, like the Sharp Dresser, Big Kill, Lugermorph, Frying Pan (MORE GREASE), Objector, Market Gardener, etc, etc

Umm...

http://tf2b.com/tf2/item/76561197995326228/1279184311
JBski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #75
Blk_Mage_Ctype

Sun-on-a-Stick
Scottish Handshake
Eviction Notice
Shahanshah
Sharp Dresser
Blk_Mage_Ctype is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2