Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 07-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #76
Amiral Benson

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetf View Post
If you did not get the achievement - can you:

1)Confirm the update by checking that the uncompleted achievement exists on your L4D2 client (open up the game and check for it through that interface not just the web site).

2) If it isn't there, verify your cache.

3) Are you playing on official dedicated?

4) if you get the error and have your console open - what does it say?

5) Can you verify you aren't running with cheats or any odd debug stuff on?

6) Are you running with any addons on?

We are looking into it right now and we have enough steam names for research. Thanks.

thanks
I'm sorry to come back with this topic, but this bug is driving me crazy since 2 years now.
I tried so many times in so many ways, and it never worked.

I have 68/69 achievements since 2 years, and in my ingame achievements menu, the Connecting Fights one has the icon of Good Guy Nick, and is unlocked, but yet the game says 68/69, and Steam says also 68/69 but don't have the bug of the icon.

Here is a screenshot of my ingame menu:

http://i.imgur.com/qzxQdnw.png

To answer your questions chetf, if they can still help:

1) The achievement exist in my client game, but it has the icon of Good Guy Nick, and is unlocked, all achievements are unlocked, but the game says 68/69. Check provided screenshot.

2) I verified my cache many times, and beyond that, I reinstalled L4D2 on 3 brand new computers and OS since 2 years.

3) I tried on Official dedicated, on my own hosted server, and on other 3rd party servers.

4) I think no errors appears on the console, but if needed I can do it one more time and check.

5) I run no cheats, in fact I just installed a clean Windows 8 on a new computer, a clean Steam, and a clean L4D2 with no modifications.

6) No addons, not even a workshop file, nothing, just the pure original client.

Here is the link to my Steam account:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/amiral_benson/
steamID32: STEAM_0:0:282999
steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960831726

Please chetf, when searching on the internet, we can see that so many people are still stuck with this bug, can you do something, it's been 2 years I watch very closely every new patch of L4D2 in the hope to see that it is fixed.

For people who care and like achievements, it's disappointing to see we can't complete a good game, thank you in advance.
Amiral Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #77
blaquicat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiral Benson View Post
I'm sorry to come back with this topic, but this bug is driving me crazy since 2 years now.
I tried so many times in so many ways, and it never worked.

For people who care and like achievements, it's disappointing to see we can't complete a good game, thank you in advance.
Thats weird man, are you considering opening a ticket with support?

I hate to say, but you can "lock" it with SAM, so you can get it on pretty easy. (or unlock)
blaquicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #78
Amiral Benson

I don't know if the support is able to deal with achievements problems, as for the "tool" you pointed out, even if I'm hopeless, I will never cross that line, I understand that you can give me this last chance advice, but once a cheater, always a cheater.

I want to win that broken achievement with the regular and lawful way.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #79
dlind70

i couldn't get it in normal VS either. I got it finally in taaaaank mode, Find a friend and play tank mode mutation through the whole campaign.
dlind70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #80
Amiral Benson

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlind70 View Post
i couldn't get it in normal VS either. I got it finally in taaaaank mode, Find a friend and play tank mode mutation through the whole campaign.
Thanks a lot dlind70 for your advice, I tried it and it worked flawlessly, I played a Versus game on Dead Air with the Taaaaank mutation, and I finally got this achievement.

Now my ingame achievement menu is back to normal, no bug, not stuck anymore.

I hope that people who are still encountering this problem will find this topic and this working solution.

Again, thank you very much dlind70.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #81
WarNikolai

The fact is the achievements is bugged. I had to do dead air complete, from lobby to evacuation 5 times and got it.

Maybe you could get it if you did dead air more times.

Last edited by WarNikolai: 07-27-2013 at 05:59 AM.
WarNikolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:46 AM   #82
Amiral Benson

Maybe, but I did it one time after every new patch of L4D2 for 2 years, something like more than 20 times I believe, but yeah, even with that, maybe this last time was pure luck, or not, it does not cost anything to try this solution for people still stuck on this achievement instead of doing it the regular way, so I hope it's a real workaround that will work for everybody.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2