Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead

Old 08-09-2013, 01:14 AM   #1
eyeonus

Hunter Training Map Sequel discussion thread.

I'm thinking of making a second HTM.

It will be called "Hunter of Persia".

The idea is to have a full course like the Hunter of Persia set of challenges in the first. (C16-C20)

So, I'm looking for ideas.

So far, I have two:

Pouncing through a hole in the floor down a shaft to Zoey, like in No Mercy outside of the hospital.

Wall pounce to 90° turn ceiling pounce.

I want to have 10-30 challenges.

All suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by eyeonus: 10-10-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #2
-TDZ-Hello

Hello Eyeonus. I HIGHLY suggest instead of single practice courses for learning techniques, maybe v2 can be a course for those already adept at hunters, such as combining multiple techniques and movements into single parts and making it where users have to think very fast to get through the levels, as Maze used to do when people first started learning wallkicking ;P For example a room where you have to vert kai twice, then wk once then travel through a small hoop and wk again into a few poles to navigate through and then having to vert kai around a wall at 90 degrees all to land on a porthole onto Zoey :] This would only be one example, and obviously getting through all that without stopping or landing(maybe and easy and hard version for those who want to practice it and land after each jump or something and those who want to go through it all in one go)

Stuff like this completely randomized - also, I've added you on steam if you could please add me i have a very important hunter pounce technique i'd like to ask you about xD
-TDZ-Hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #3
eyeonus

Well, I couldn't do it randomized- there's a limit to what can be done in Hammer, but that is exactly what I'm wanting to do.

If you've seen any of the speed runs done on HTM, or the HTM backwards video, That's basically what I'm wanting to do: an extremely challenging obstacle course that can only even be attempted by the HTM graduates of pounce.

Something similar to that old L4D map "Hunter City", but not as, to put it kindly, crappy.

The problem is that I have very little time, thanks to real life, to sit down and come up with ideas for what to do for the map.

What I want to do is to have a fairly long obstacle course, similar to how the last few challenges of HTM aren't so much for teaching noobs as they are for experts to show off, that incorporates actual high-skill pounces from the actual versus maps (such as the manhole death-pounce outside the hospital on NM3) as well as various ideas from anyone who has them.

The easy part is compiling a list of those expert versus spots and extracting them from their maps.

The moderately difficult part is designing people's ideas- which is easier to do if the person made a picture or video of it- words can only do so much, a diagram is uber-helpful by comparison.

The hard part is figuring out how to put all the pieces together into one coherent whole that makes for a fun yet challenging Hunter of Persia map for super-pouncers to show off to each other in with speed runs etc.

At this time I have two suggestions, not including yours (which I need at least a diagram for to even know what you're trying to describe well enough to map it), and that's really not enough for even a prototype map.

Last edited by eyeonus: 10-10-2013 at 02:25 PM.
eyeonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:31 AM   #4
eyeonus

So, this thing died before it even got off the ground. I guess no one really wants me to do a Hunter City-esque map.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:51 PM   #5
Deadly_Target

Just wait a few more months for that L4D3 announcement.
Deadly_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #6
eyeonus

This is Valve we're talking about. Try years.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead