Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Old 08-28-2013, 11:15 PM   #46
superfarm3

Banned
bind [ "impulse 202"

in ahk
loop
{
send [
sleep 5000
}

enjoy.
superfarm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:11 AM   #47
SnowshoeIceboot

Updated the OP, the actual file size limit is 500kb, and you can also lip sync the sound sprays to make your class speak the sound.
SnowshoeIceboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:01 AM   #48
Daerados

Could you make guide with this sdk thingy for the lip sync?
Daerados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:17 AM   #49
Dr. Sabotage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daerados View Post
Could you make guide with this sdk thingy for the lip sync?
Well it's rather tedious, and I don't exactly have time to explain right now, but here's what I've figured out:

1) Open the Face Poser. AFAIK it doesn't work via SDK, so go to steam/steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2/bin. should be in there as a .bat file.

2) Load a model -any character model, apparently aside from the Pyro they all share the same phonemes animations

3) This is where it gets tricky: First you have to open the Phoneme Editor (double click on the tab on the bottom). You'll be faced with a mostly empty window.

Now before loading anything, you want to right click and change the speech software to Microsoft's. You should also download said software here.

Right click in the window and load your wav file. Then immediately re-load it (right click, reload); you'll be prompted to enter whatever is said in your wav file. The Face Poser will then create words basing on what you entered and audio activity. If you're lucky, they sync perfectly with the audio. If you're like me, you'll have to resize each word, one at a time.

Select a word using the mouse. Only one at a time, otherwise the face poser will crash. Repeatedly. Don't forget to deselect, also. Use shift + arrows to move the word, and ctrl + arrows to adjust the size. Do that for each word until you're satisfied with the synchronization.

If you play the soundfile (with space), you'll notice your character's lips do not move; that's normal. We don't have any animations yet. You'll have to create them for each word.

Right click on a word, and add phonemes. You'll be presented with a rough array of animations associated with sounds, and have to work out your words with those. If you wanted the Demo to randomly blurt out "CYCLOHEXANE" when divebombing a Medic, you're in for some trouble. Luckily I assume you have a face and know enough of how it works to sketch out the animation for each word. If you need to adjust the position or length of said phonemes, use the same method as above.

EDIT: Oh yeah, save your file when you're done. And before. The damn thing crashes A LOT.

Well that's rather rough, but it should give you a good start anyway.

Here's mine, took me somewhere around half an hour (most of which was dedicated to find out just why the SDK won't launch the Face Poser): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsPS8...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Dr. Sabotage: 08-29-2013 at 04:21 AM.
Dr. Sabotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:56 AM   #50
Mastermind01

Console says "Failed to load sound "temp\c12cc55b.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
N"

This happens everytime I try to play the sound. Any ideas?
Mastermind01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:04 AM   #51
Dr. Sabotage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind01 View Post
Console says "Failed to load sound "temp\c12cc55b.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
N"

This happens everytime I try to play the sound. Any ideas?

Where's your sound ?
Old 08-29-2013, 06:05 AM   #52
Mastermind01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sabotage View Post
Where's your sound ?
in the tf/custom/jingle/sound/player
Mastermind01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #53
walkabout747

Quote:
It must be WAV format, not MP3
walkabout747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #54
Rcforme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yishai View Post
I'm guessing your problem has something to do with the highlighted part, which makes no sense. What's this about the LAME MP3 codec and compressed WAVs? I assume you need normal, uncompressed LPCM WAVs.
Now I am using a 41.1khz 8bit mono track in LPCM WAV, and it still does not work at all. Not even an error in console, my TF2 makes no attempt to even play a sound, even though I have f bound to "impulse 202"

Edit: I have also defined where the sound is:

cl soundifle "sound/player/jingle.wav"

Edit 2: Yes, it is under 512kb
Rcforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #55
CarlZalph

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowshoeIceboot View Post
Updated the OP, the actual file size limit is 500kb, and you can also lip sync the sound sprays to make your class speak the sound.
Sample rate does NOT have to be that one in the OP.

Any rate the Source Engine handles, which are the default 11025*n n=[1,4].

Edit:
Also the limit is 512 KiloBytes.

Last edited by CarlZalph: 08-29-2013 at 09:54 AM.
CarlZalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #56
Toadgineer

I found a server where there's no cooldown on playing each clip, so I decided to make a jumping sound play everytime I jump (bind "space" "+jump; impulse 202"). However, everytime I let go of the space, the sound plays again. Is there a way to prevent this from happening, besides binding impulse 202 to a different key?
Toadgineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #57
Dr. Sabotage

Quote:

And what's in your cl_soundfile command ?
Old 08-29-2013, 10:25 AM   #58
Rcforme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadgineer View Post
I found a server where there's no cooldown on playing each clip, so I decided to make a jumping sound play everytime I jump (bind "space" "+jump; impulse 202"). However, everytime I let go of the space, the sound plays again. Is there a way to prevent this from happening, besides binding impulse 202 to a different key?
alias +jingle "impulse 202"
alias -jingle ""
bind space "+jump; +jingle"
Old 08-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #59
Toadgineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcforme View Post
alias +jingle "impulse 202"
alias -jingle ""
bind space "+jump; +jingle"
I'm sorry, but that didn't seem to work. I still got the same issue.

And apparently you can use loops, too. As long as your character doesn't say anything after starting the sound clip, it should loop endlessly.
Toadgineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #60
Rcforme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcforme View Post
Now I am using a 41.1khz 8bit mono track in LPCM WAV, and it still does not work at all. Not even an error in console, my TF2 makes no attempt to even play a sound, even though I have f bound to "impulse 202"

Edit: I have also defined where the sound is:

cl soundifle "sound/player/jingle.wav"

Edit 2: Yes, it is under 512kb

OK, apparently, my jingles hate not going through audacity, so audacity just randomly fixed it. Hell, I even managed to fit 23 seconds of Pendulum in a 503kb 22.05khz 8 bit mono LPCM WAV.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2