Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series

Old 09-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #676
Rhodsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocInferno View Post
@Rhodsie, but in BF3 vehicle health circles showed up when repairing...
Not always, which is my complaint. Many times I've been repairing a tank/IFV and had to ask my friends on skype if the vehicle was at 100%. Also, repairing from within a helicopter doesn't display a meter afaik.
Rhodsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #677
taodemon

I'm going to miss the AN-94 as well as some of the other weapons that look like they aren't making it like the L86.
taodemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #678
HavocInferno

Quote:
Originally Posted by taodemon View Post
I'm going to miss the AN-94 as well as some of the other weapons that look like they aren't making it like the L86.
weren't the L86 and L85 DLC weapons? I guess we might see some return in the BF4 DLCs...
HavocInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:28 AM   #679
Bulletooth

Some new naval warfare gameplay to shake things up
Bulletooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:01 AM   #680
Dustenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletooth View Post
Some new naval warfare gameplay to shake things up
Hopefully DICE won't nerf those rifles to oblivion.
Dustenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #681
L-iNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustenza View Post
It really does baffle me that no one experiences the same UI issues I do. I've always played at a crisp 1920x1200 with MSAA and in most urban maps, and especially in more focused modes like RUSH it really becomes a neusence. There's literally been dozens of times in the last month where I couldn't accurately discern exactly where unspotted and even spotted enemies were firing at me from within all the detailed nooks and crannies of the map because the scene was littered with a ton of blue friendly mines, blue friendly C4, blue friendly soldier tags and vehicles, and all which weren't even physically between me and my engaged enemies, but the tags obstruct the view nonetheless since they appear through everything.
You're not meant to see anything. Just tap Q and fire at red triangle and see if the hit marker flashes. If not shoot at another red triangle.
L-iNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:58 AM   #682
Bulletooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-iNC View Post
You're not meant to see anything. Just tap Q and fire at red triangle and see if the hit marker flashes. If not shoot at another red triangle.
you're not really reading into what Dustenza is saying.

the fact that the red triangles are all around with other similar neon-colored UI elements, everything becomes a mess. even more so when you see the neon marks THROUGH obstacles
Old 09-21-2013, 06:36 AM   #683
Dustenza

Quote:
you're not really reading into what Dustenza is saying.

the fact that the red triangles are all around with other similar neon-colored UI elements, everything becomes a mess. even more so when you see the neon marks THROUGH obstacles
Yup Although I wasn't sure if L-iNC was poking fun at the 3D spotting system too

I've been wondering how BF4 will really be affected by cutting power/lights to certain maps. It'll slow players down who don't equip some sort of night vision/IRNV because they might have trouble navigating around obstacles, but I feel that actual fire fights will still be cheapened by bright orange Doritos, especially now that they will be that much more noticeable against a black background.

As far as my UI gripes, really I try to be constructive and offer tangible solutions. Look at enemy 3D spotting [for infantry] - it's LoS only, right? So why can't DICE apply the same LoS rule to friendly tags? It's not so bad in real 64 player maps, but in Rush mode and in tighter areas it really obstructs the ability to locate threats within all the nooks and crannies of a map. I shouldn't have 8 separate friendly mine 3D tags, another 4 C4 tags, and then another handful of soldier/tank tags blocking my view when THEY AREN'T EVEN IN MY LINE OF SIGHT. Sorry I just had a cup of black coffee
Old 09-21-2013, 07:40 AM   #684
L-iNC

There are many ways they could improve the 3d hud. For starters they could implement a key for toggling it on/off. Just like in the last real BF game 2142. And since AHK is forbiddden by PB you can't even makea a macro for toggling HUD on/off via console.

But the thing is all of this 3d hud crap is now part of hte 'core' bf experience so it's not going anywhere. You just gotta keep on tapping Q and shooting red triangles.
L-iNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #685
Bulletooth

Quote:
I've been wondering how BF4 will really be affected by cutting power/lights to certain maps. It'll slow players down who don't equip some sort of night vision/IRNV because they might have trouble navigating around obstacles, but I feel that actual fire fights will still be cheapened by bright orange Doritos, especially now that they will be that much more noticeable against a black background.
I really hope they disable spotting in pitch black areas. otherwise the whole thing would lose its point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-iNC View Post
But the thing is all of this 3d hud crap is now part of hte 'core' bf experience so it's not going anywhere. You just gotta keep on tapping Q and shooting red triangles.
I'd be glad to play a hardcore-like mode with no crosshair and enemy spotting, but 60% health is a big deal breaker for me
Old 09-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #686
Dustenza

That's the real kicker is previous BF's did have key bindings to turn 3D markers on/off on the fly. It's not like we are asking for the moon, just a simple option. I'd love to at least be able to toggle the 3D UI on/off, and like Bulletooth I'd love to select "no crosshair" for my gun as well. The crosshair thing is no biggy, but the UI really ruins immersion.

Ah well. I guess if the UI is my only real gripe then that's not so bad considering my gripes with BF3. Just give me a boat and some big swells to jump over
Old 09-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #687
Bulletooth

Quote:
I'd love to select "no crosshair" for my gun as well.
the thing about crosshairs is I think they are completely unnecessary in games with the option for ADS, hence my deepest respect for Killing Floor.

if it was up to me, I'd remove hitmarkers as well.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:57 AM   #688
bonz

Quote:
the thing about crosshairs is I think they are completely unnecessary in games with the option for ADS, hence my deepest respect for Killing Floor.

if it was up to me, I'd remove hitmarkers as well.
I'd also enforce friendly fire to be the default.

I think it was the biggest mistake back in some BF2 patch, where it was turned off by default.

I'd even enable it for mines and claymores.

That's some realism and immersion that doesn't hinder game balance in any way.
It simply would allow for a less hectic, less rushed gameplay and would require more thinking about your enemy's possibilities.
bonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #689
Bulletooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonz View Post
I'd also enforce friendly fire to be the default.

I think it was the biggest mistake back in some BF2 patch, where it was turned off by default.

I'd even enable it for mines and claymores.

That's some realism and immersion that doesn't hinder game balance in any way.
It simply would allow for a less hectic, less rushed gameplay and would require more thinking about your enemy's possibilities.
that' very naive. in a game like Battlefiled, especially the newer ones, the randomness of things happening would kill the fun. at least it does for me. I'm all for friendly fire usually, but in BF people won't pay too much attention to NOT hitting their teammates.

I'd be OK with it but without the 60% health thing, and maybe reduced FF damage
Old 09-25-2013, 01:23 AM   #690
hahahehe

Biggest issue with FF in BF is ppl TKing for vehicles.

The reason DICE disabled it by default in BF2 was cause people would stand there TKing until they got the vehicle they wanted, at which point someone else would TK them, they'd jump in and then they would get TKed. Its a vicious circle and ruins the game.

If DICE had the engine reporting who killed who, where abouts, with what and what vehicle they where in at the time (both the killer and the victim) all to RCON it would be easily fixable with a simple plugin however they removed that info from BF3 cause in BC2 it also allowed plugins to restrict classes and auto kick for what it considers spawn killing, both of which DICE say are allowed in their game. Heck they even give to mounted weapons in your spawn to defend against spawn killers.

Last edited by hahahehe: 09-25-2013 at 01:28 AM.
hahahehe is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series