Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam Mobile

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 03-20-2013, 07:30 AM   #16
91coffees

I've been getting this as well. Sometimes when I'm doing something on my mobile (Android Samsung Galaxy 5.0 Media Player), steam will just start itself up.

I also left my mobile on last night while sleeping and woke up this morning to find that it had logged me into steam somewhere around 4 AM. I did get an email around 3:30 AM about a game on my wishlist being on sale. I haven't really paid attention in the past though to a possible connection between the emails and random log-ons. That's something I'll keep an eye out for in the future.
91coffees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #17
Azure Dream

I've been having the same issue lately, pretty much on a daily basis lately.
Azure Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #18
Spiderm4N

Quote:
Originally Posted by conde_cadista View Post
I confirm it must be the cause. Today, few minutes since I got up (7.30 am), I took my mobile. In few seconds, without touch anything, steam was opened.
After that, I came to my e-mail, and YES, I received a mail saying FarCry 3 (on my wishlist) is on sale now. And yes, the e-mail was received at 7.29 am.

So I think we know the cause.
confirmed

Last edited by Spiderm4N: 03-22-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Spiderm4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:16 AM   #19
Penguin 10

LOL, same here. My phone is opening the Steam app when i turn on wifi It doesnt happen always, its random, i feel almost every 2nd time when wifi was turned off long time.
SGS3 International version 16gb unrooted stock ROM
Penguin 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #20
DeTaiLz

doesnt randmoly open for me...
DeTaiLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #21
Chaff70

I've never got this. I don't get "A game on your wishlist is on sale!" emails either though, so that could be it.
On Android, with 2.3.6 Gingerbread OS.
Chaff70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:29 AM   #22
conde_cadista

It is still giving me some problems, and it is so annoying.

Any news about fixing this?
conde_cadista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:57 AM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
Kutta

Valve
conde_cadista: Are you using the Android app? If you go to the Settings menu in the app and go to "Steam Preferences", what are your current notification settings?

On Android you can also exit the application if you no longer want to receive chat messages and other notifications (you may still receive push messages depending on your push notification options). You can also opt out of all of the different notification types we send via the "Steam Preferences" menu. Please let me know if that does not address your issues.
Kutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #24
conde_cadista

Yes, Android app.
And yes, I had that option marked. I'll let you know if now it works when I receive new mail notifications, if it opens again or not.
Thanks!
Old 10-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #25
conde_cadista

Nothing, received an email about Devil May Cry sale, it opened again
Old 10-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #26
Rinarin

Same issue here. Started happening last night while I was asleep. Found it on in the morning and people kept sending me messages since they thought I was online.

Just found this thread. I can verify that at least two of the times this happened today, I received a mail that a game on my wishlist was on sale at the same time. Unfortunately, uninstalled the app before I realised what was the cause.
Rinarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #27
abelthorne

It has started to happen to me recently too, on Android devices. E.g. this morning I found that my mobile was off because the battery had run out of power (and I fully charged it yesterday afternoon!). When going on the Steam website, I saw that my last connexion was around 4 AM and I was definitely sleeping at that time, so I guess that Steam Mobile started by itself. The same thing happened on my tablet last week: when it beeped because it was running out of power, I noticed that the app was running.

It can indeed come from the fact that I got a push notification, as I got an e-mail yesterday at 22:30 saying an item on my wishlist was on sale; so if Steam mobile started on my phone at that time and ran through the night, it might explain why the battery emptied so fast.

I think the problem appeared recently as I don't remember noticing the app running when I got sales notifications before that.
abelthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:07 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #28
Kutta

Valve
In the Android app there is a setting called "Background Connectivity" - you can change this option to not use push notifications (in English it will say "Disconnect, no push notifications"). Can you give that option a try and let me know if you are still seeing your device waking up?
Kutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #29
abelthorne

I'll try that but I'll have to wait for a wishlist sale coming up to check if it works.
abelthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #30
conde_cadista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutta View Post
In the Android app there is a setting called "Background Connectivity" - you can change this option to not use push notifications (in English it will say "Disconnect, no push notifications"). Can you give that option a try and let me know if you are still seeing your device waking up?
Just did it. It seems well done now, anyway, let's see it when I receive any email with a wishlist game is on sale

Thanks!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam Mobile