Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

Old 07-08-2015, 12:49 PM   #18826
TecnoBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBritt View Post
Hi TB, in your message to Sahafiec, you mention ' two only bin folders. Please elaborate on how this works . Thanks and regards, TrueB.
If you install DX11 then you will have the bin folder for DX9 and the bin_dx11 folder. If you run the stalkersoup.bat file in the bin_dx11 folder it requires that the shadersettings.txt and the tb3d_modders.script be set for DX11. The shader files will now work for DX9 or DX11 based on the shadersettings.txt.

This way a launcher can be created that will allow the user to run DX9 or DX11 without messing with the shadersettings.txt and the modders script.

Saves are not effected by setting and can be used interchangeably.
TecnoBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:32 PM   #18827
humdee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd6dm View Post
Could use a few hints about what to do/where to go next after completing the Collector Treasure Hunt, ZEP documents, and Gold Bar Quests. Storm is started, on Levelup 2, and have the special suit. The only clue I have is a dialog from Barkeep about "AX getting caught out in the open for too long" while trying to get something in Generators. Thinking that if he was in the open for too long, AX'd probably head underground, so searched the Warlab and didn't find anything. Is there supposed to be a note or clue there?

Anyone have any suggestions about where to go/what to do next?
I'm in the same situation. I'm still at the bar with the storm suit, but I don't know where to go now or what to do. Did you figure anything out?
humdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 12:10 AM   #18828
sahafiec

that's something I'd like to know as well

another topic, recently I see way too many teleport all around the zone.

what is this supposed to mean?

for example the roof teleports in the Bar area or the one at the transition to the Garbage.

Last edited by sahafiec: 07-09-2015 at 03:46 AM. Reason: addition
sahafiec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:54 AM   #18829
kd6dm

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdee View Post
I'm in the same situation. I'm still at the bar with the storm suit, but I don't know where to go now or what to do. Did you figure anything out?
Not yet, too busy to play the last couple days. Tomorrow I'll hit it again, see what's out there. Haven't searched every corner of Generators or Warlab yet.

You can collect mushrooms at NPP2, Barkeep pays 10K each. LOL

Edit: TB, quite a few of us in the same boat, a hint would be great.

Last edited by kd6dm: 07-09-2015 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Addition
kd6dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:07 AM   #18830
kd6dm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahafiec View Post
that's something I'd like to know as well

another topic, recently I see way too many teleport all around the zone.

what is this supposed to mean?

for example the roof teleports in the Bar area or the one at the transition to the Garbage.
In the Bar, they're just shortcuts to the level exits. The one over the the room west of the Arena takes you near the Warehouses exit, the one over the Arena to the Garbage exit. The others, e.g., Jupiter take you to different areas around the level. More convenient way to jump around the levels. Haven't figured them all out yet. (Looks like another opportunity for a walkthrough).
Old 07-09-2015, 07:15 AM   #18831
sahafiec

that's a good idea kd6dm: a "Teleport Hunt Video Guide".

I've sent you an email today, got it?
Old 07-09-2015, 07:37 AM   #18832
TecnoBacon

The Storm

WOW!

Thought that I would have time to continue the story before you guys got this far!

Collector does introduce several portals and more will appear as I wrap up that part of the story line. I have the Soul Cube portion to complete which has some neat stuff in F1 as well as the completion of Snitch and the Northern Bar.

I would love to have your saves at this point so I can analyze the state of your saves and it will allow me to continue content without getting there myself.

Portals will appear in many places as the Collector progresses and they are there for a reason.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:42 AM   #18833
kd6dm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahafiec View Post
that's a good idea kd6dm: a "Teleport Hunt Video Guide".

I've sent you an email today, got it?
Hi Sahafiec, Got it and replied. I subscribe to your series, and get notified when you post a new one, and always view it. Keep on truckin', as we say here!
Old 07-09-2015, 07:56 AM   #18834
kd6dm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecnoBacon View Post
I would love to have your saves at this point so I can analyze the state of your saves and it will allow me to continue content without getting there myself.
Any particular saves? Since I reached Levelup 2, headed to the Bar for the Suit, worked my way to Generators and Warlab. In Generators now. I make lots of hard saves on each level, just let me know which ones would be most helpful.

Would copying my autosaves as I change levels in Levelup 2 be helpful?

Thanks again for your continuing work on this mod of all mods.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:03 AM   #18835
sahafiec

Quote:
Hi Sahafiec, Got it and replied. I subscribe to your series, and get notified when you post a new one, and always view it. Keep on truckin', as we say here!
thanks kd6dm, I appreciate your help.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:42 AM   #18836
TecnoBacon

Quote:
Any particular saves? Since I reached Levelup 2, headed to the Bar for the Suit, worked my way to Generators and Warlab. In Generators now. I make lots of hard saves on each level, just let me know which ones would be most helpful.

Would copying my autosaves as I change levels in Levelup 2 be helpful?

Thanks again for your continuing work on this mod of all mods.
an autosave entering generators or warlab would be useful
Old 07-09-2015, 01:56 PM   #18837
kaplumbaga

just has there me too scat 15 armor problem?

why anybody not say this problem?

my scat 15 armor a while later not working.

very interesting a case.

Last edited by kaplumbaga: 07-09-2015 at 04:49 PM.
kaplumbaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:21 PM   #18838
TecnoBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplumbaga View Post
just has there me too scat 15 armor problem?

why anybody not say this problem?

my scat 15 armor a while later not working.

very interesting a case.
send me a new save with it not working
Old 07-10-2015, 01:05 AM   #18839
TrueBritt

DX11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecnoBacon View Post
If you install DX11 then you will have the bin folder for DX9 and the bin_dx11 folder. If you run the stalkersoup.bat file in the bin_dx11 folder it requires that the shadersettings.txt and the tb3d_modders.script be set for DX11. The shader files will now work for DX9 or DX11 based on the shadersettings.txt.

This way a launcher can be created that will allow the user to run DX9 or DX11 without messing with the shadersettings.txt and the modders script.

Saves are not effected by setting and can be used interchangeably.
Hi TB,
I tried a pm but my blinking tablet imo screwed it up as happens. Anyway, I still find DX11 confusing and suggest that imo it would be perhaps simpler for players, well like me at least if you consider a double offering please, of 109993DX11 and 109993DX9. It would of course imo help for any ongoing enhancements of DX11+ without those with DX9 having the issue of adjusting each time DX11+ is upgraded
As always, I appreciate so much all your hard work and hope if you do adopt the suggestion that it wouldn't be onerous to you.
thanks and regards, TrueB.
TrueBritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 02:15 AM   #18840
sahafiec

@TrueBritt
adding the DX11 in the upcoming updates will not change anything for players on DX9. there will be an additional "bin_DX11" folder but it won't be used unless you make the changes needed for it.
so basically to still play on DX9 you don't need to do anything other than what you did until now.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series